The Life Aquatic

with Owen Wilson

1/23/2008 11:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The warm waters off California are a monstrous myth -- and this photo of Owen Wilson hittin' the freezing cold Pacific surf at sundown is no easy feat! It was 54° in Malibu yesterday, and the water was 53!

Owen braved the shriveling cold waters in Malibu -- with no hot model to warm him!

chillout music girl

OWEN IS SUPER CUTE........
I HOPE OWEN KNOWS THAT COLD WATER WILL SHRINK HIS WEE WEE...

HE LOOKS SO CUTE SPLASHING AROUND THE WATER ;-)

yuck

shrinkage?

Kelli

Imagine the shrikage. OUCH! :)

Kelli

I'd post but someone stole my line. Better luck next time me.

roughdaddy

He was almost a goner too that guy!!! leave those drugs alone!

Lenn K.

Now this is a guy who almost killed himself and it's sad the pressure in Hollywood to be famous and climb the mountain, but it's on you if you stay. It's not like there isn't pressure in other jobs, Hollyweird could cut off at the knee at only one movie goes bad, tough business.

Aimee

Hey Hey Hey!!!! Don't be mean to Owen Wilson!! Imagine if you had a loved one who had just gone through what he has been through! He seems like a very nice guy!

I'm glad he is ok... hes a good funny guy. :-)

chillout music girl

I HOPE OWEN NEVER ATTEMPTS SUICIDE AGAIN........ HE IS WAY TOO CUTE A GUY TO KILL HIMSELF...

BOYCOTT ARUBA

Just adorable!
Thanks TMZ!

cat b

Perhaps he wanted to go where no paps dare to ...the 55 degree water seems far more attractive than the land sharks aka paps...I hope Owen enjoys impressing the charter members in the polar bear club...viva la difference ya'll!!...and I once on a dare swam in water aty about 46 degrees...took me 3 days to thaw but I did enjoy it...it makes you feel qute alive ..I wish Owen all the best.

La Ca rap

Who wouldn't be glad for a morning of 54 degree weather.

He looks rather aged in that photo

JP

Ahhh, the great Southern California myth exposed. I'm an east-coaster who lived in SoCal for two years. Californians always brag about how they "have the beach". Problem is you can't swim in it, it's too frigid year round. You have to surf in a wetsuit all year long. And guess what else? It's foggy every day at the beach until like 1 in the afternoon for 9 months out of the year. And guess what else? As soon as the sun goes down, it's freezing ass cold. Not like the east coast in the summer where you can swim all day in the warm water, drive with your convertible top down at night, and generally experience a real summer. California sucks. Plus it's full of crazy people, overcrowded, automobile-reliant, and all the people lack any sort of motivation or ambition.

Kelli

Yummy.

Chris

Come on! You guys are a bunch of babies on the West Coast. Try going for a dip in Maine any time of the year, and you'll think the California waters are boiling hot during the winter.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments