Miss Ross Booed in Jamaica, Mon

1/28/2008 6:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oh, the diva has gone and done it this time!

Diana Ross pissed off a crowd of 40,000 at the 2008 Air Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival on Saturday, where Miss Thing, 63, was booed and heckled by Jamaicans attending the festival in Montego Bay -- after organizers told them that "to honor Miss Ross' wishes, she will not be shown on the monitors." That news was greeted with widespread hissing. Oh no she didn't!

Patrons in the stadium-sized arena were unable to see the diva onstage, so they called for organizers to put her performance up on the big screen. "It was at the eleventh hour that her manager said she wouldn't allow us to IMAG (In Vivo Imaging) her performance," said a concert promoter, "and, if any cameras were present, she would not go on stage."

Hisses turned to full-out boos when Ross started her set with Supremes hits -- and the crowd beyond the first section couldn't see her -- and the booing continued throughout her set.

No Makeup -- Click to LaunchFestival spokesperson Carlette DeLeon issued a statement Sunday blaming Ross for upsetting the Jamaica crowd, saying, "The much anticipated performance of Diana Ross on Saturday proved somewhat disappointing to many patrons who expected a very interactive set. Miss Ross' request to have a restricted display of her performance however, inconvenienced patrons who were left feeling distanced from the stage and her performance."

Attendees paid from $80 to $307 to watch Ross -- who was reportedly paid $300,000 for the gig -- perform the hour-long set with fellow headliners Mary Mary, Billy Ocean and KoKo Taylor.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kevin

I have always enjoyed Diana Ross and her wonderful music! No, I did not get to go to the Jamaica show. However, I saw her once in concert in Charleston, W.V. many years ago; and, all I can say is she put on a wonderful show! I would pay good money to see her concert again. I know she received, mostly, very good reviews for her U.S.A.-tour to support her "I Love You" album in 2007.
In this day of little being heard on the U.S. airwaves other than crap Rap and hip-hop, Diana Ross is still a better vocalist than most who are being heavily promoted in this day and age!

Juan

Trish, Brooklyn Lillies, Roszilla? You people writing all these hateful comments are a bunch of real losers and you all know it. That is why you guys are so hateful, because you have no life, no talent, no education and you hate yourselves because you all know how hideous you are inside and out, The Jamaicans had no class and she shouldn't have even played there.

AL

I would like to know if the jazzfestival organizers knew of her request before, and if they did, why they did not inform the public.We would like to know who should be blamed (file lawsuite).I paid $80 US,That is more than some people days pay.

denise

That BITCH !!!!!!!!!! I am still mad at her even a week later. for my hard earned $ 5600.00 if she knew that she did not want to be seen on the screen at a large event like this, she should have stayed home and we could play her cds during the band changes. It would have been $1000.00 less.
She must be getting senile to be showing off all these old clothes instead of giving us what we paid for.

DetroitD

. Diana Ross is an old, aging hag that should have been put out to pastuer long ago. Just look at her face and listen to her "unenhanced" voice!

Spec1

Ms. Ross...we love you. You know who we are....

lcubine

You people are real idiots to disrespect Miss Ross,She is what put music in the radios,on records ,she has certainly brought
many years of great music ,so lay off,I am a true ross fan.
L.Cubine
Texas

Kelli

Sorry but don't perform if you won't put out. You'll be booed everytime, trust me..

trish

IT'S NO WONDER SHE WAS BOOED NEVER LIKED HER

zoso

I have a green bath srubby in my tub that looks just like that.

jollyex

Who'd pay $300 to see that anyway?

rachel

If they paid for tickets they deserve to see the "star". I would rather stay home and wax my legs than sit thru one of her shows.

TIM

She's a pretentious cow.

And she's ugly too.

$

She is the worst kind of diva drama queen trash ever on the face of the earth.

tired of cry baby