Brit Shops for Car During Intervention

1/29/2008 5:44 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There is a lot of behind-the-scenes anger surrounding the Britney Spears' intervention, and the anger is directed at one Sam Lutfi, pictured here with Brit and mama Lynne today at Beverly Hills Mercedes.

As TMZ first reported, the family is staging an intervention so Britney can get help for her bipolar disorder. Family sources say they are furious at Lutfi, claiming he pushed Brit into going to B.H. Mercedes today to buy a new car -- in the middle of the effort to save her.

One source says the family believes Lutfi has been a "counterproductive, disquieting force" who has done nothing but harm.

how dumb

Everyone seems to benefit off of Britney. Look at Mom's purse... I'm no "designer expert", but that purse looks like it cost quite a few bucks.

Mama don't make that kind of money on HER salary, I'm sure.

Mica

Is there anyone in Britney's life that doesn't want something from her? A car, fame, money, pictures, her story. From "friends" to Dr. Phil to her own family - they all want a piece of her. It is almost like kicking someone when they are down. A few years from now, she'll be going over her finances and wonder what happened to half her money and someone will have to admit, ohhhh while you needed help - we took you for all we could. Get while the gettings good I guess.
I really feel for her. Sometimes I think she brings it on herself because I know she has the money to send someone else out to get her coffee and she doesn't have drawn attention to herself by hotel hopping - but I also see this sad person who was never taught any basic skills. Someone who has to rely on someone else to make the most basic of decisions. Someone who only knows what someone else tells her. She may believe that it's the law to pay your mama to visit if that's what she's been taught. The whole family saw her as the ticket out of the trailer (dance monkey dance) and poor Jamie Lynn is just the icing on the cake. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Mama Spears swapped out her birth control pills just so she would get pregnant - I mean, pressure off Brit, money for the story, maybe a lawsuit against the old fart who impregnanted her (I'm sure that was caught on tape to sell when money gets low) - maybe even a reality show - boo yah!
I'm starting to wonder if anyone around really even wants Brit healthy - you know, her getting her mind back and her life under control may mean the end of the gravy train for a lot of people. Almost like the writer's strike - Brit healthy would mean less magazine sales, less photog jobs, less attorneys, less doctors and experts, and she might not want to throw her money at people just so they'll be her friend. $100 to say I'm pretty.
Insanity comes with a price for Britney - but her sanity would be a cost for everyone else.

April Fouels

the Spicemobile would be a good choice, this is retail therapy!

#1fan

the reason TMZ does what it does "CK" is because people like you and me and every other American log on to TMZ and look at this crap. We just cant help it!!! Its really our doing and the reason TMZ staff make a living. Sooooo if you really care you and everyone else who is offended by what they do will boycott TMZ. As for me,I'll log on every hour like I ALWAYS DO.
Its like a car crash you hate that its happening but you can help but watch.
Also... Brit has plenty of money to move to the mountains for a few month , mabey a year and get the hell out of this craziness! She loves the attention!!!

kris10

CK - U are adding to the money TMZ makes by bloggin and reading there site. If you were so compassionate and worried about what TMZ is doing - you wouldn't be giving your time or money to them - Go look in the mirror satan!!!!

nataliec

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STREAMER OUTSIDE HER HOUSE.....TMZ FINALLY HAVE SOME MORALS.....TMZ ARE STALKING BRITNEY AND THATS A SHAME...LET HER GET HER LIFE TOGETHER...SEEMS TMZ WANTS TO SEE HER FAIL AND IF THATS NOT SHAMEFUL THEN I DONOT KNOW WHAT IS. TMZ IS GOING WAY TOO FAR WITH BRITNEYS MEDICAL CONDITION...IT IS NO ONES BUSINESS. I AM HOPING THAT SHE CAN RECOVER WITHOUT ANY OF THOSE PAPPARAZZIS INTERUPTING HER MEDICAL TREATMENT. TMZ SHOULD REALLY BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES, BUT THEY HAVE NO MORALS OR SCRUPLES BECAUSE THEY MAKE THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR AND DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT BRITNEY AND GETTING HER BETTER. TO THOSE AT TMZ...GET A REAL JOB IDIOTS!!!!!

Your'e Fired!

Easy Answer......Have someone "hold" him in a secure area for about a month. Food, water, TV or radio and get Britney de-wormed from this maggot. Then after he is "released" the "restaining order "will already be in effect and Britney will be "somewhere" getting help! But be very careful......Don't hurt him or let him hurt himself........:-)

ericeswife

Why is everyone blaming Sam? If Brit's family is so mad at him, then WHY THE HELL IS LYNN WITH THEM? If she (and the family) believes that Sam is a bad influence, then maybe they shouldn't be seen in public with him. Besides, they need to focus on what Adnan is doing with Brit (and her trainwreck life) and not Sam.

Happy To Be Me

I just love watching the Paps fight with each other and lie to each other, to get the best story. It makes my day complete, in a sick and perverted way...:) Gee, I wonder what happened to the live stream in front of Britney's house? Maybe George Clooney came out with his baseball bat? And, I would think all of the neighbors there would love to do the same thing. Glad the Live Stream was down, as that is not a public place, it is a series of residences. Who knows, maybe the cops broke it up? That really was over the top TMZ, Britney's residence is too well known now, and that is not safe for her.

Joe Beese

To everyone asking why she's buying another car: Bipolar people shop compulsively. Besides, "British Britney" would need one with a steering wheel on the right hand side.

Lori B

It very well may turn out that she does have some sort of disorder or other problem, but making specific claims before-the-fact is reprehensible. A more mature and responsible celeb than Britney would sue you and win.

Posted at 4:23PM on Jan 29th 2008 by TMZ underhanded
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What makes you think that she hasn't been diagnosed as bipolar? Don't you think they wouldn't keep stating it unless they know something you don't know?

news

After Britney buy a car today she going to look
for Havery, she going to run over Havery foot today
if she fine Havery today he going to be the first person
get this foot run over in Britney new car? Britney go for it
look for Havery make sure you run over Havery good so he
can't walk again make sure there News Camera there to see it
every TV News will cut in to program for Breaking News, that
Havery got Run Over by Britney New car? Go Britney get him.

my, my, my

I think that they indulge her in any of the crazy things that she wants to do. This will lessen her meltdowns. The drug store, the car dealership...etc. Yes ,I am by Walmart to make this observation.

ROB W

Who cares? She is obviously a half-wit hillbilly ( my apologies to "The son's & daughter's of the south ) Ignore her and maybe she just might go away, same goes for Paris & her Idiot "Peeps". Just what do these two idiots do anyway?

annoyed

Well, at least she will have a new vehicle to drive to therapy in.

IF they can persuade her she needs help. Of course, NO ONE tells the Britt what to do. Right?