Trump Sued for More Than He's Worth

1/29/2008 10:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is being sued for $4 billion. No big whoop, unless you're only worth around $2 billion.
Read the lawsuit
Nights at Vegas., Inc. is suing Trump, alleging he jock-blocked them in connection with the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Las Vegas. Nights at Vegas is a licensed real estate property management company that leased out a number of the 1,200 condos in Trump complex.

When Nights at Vegas leases a unit, it takes 20% of the rental income from the condo owner. The Donald has a management company that gets 50% of the income when it leases out the condos. Sounds like Nights has the edge. But there's a rub.

According to the lawsuit, Trump has effectively made it impossible for Nights at Vegas to do business by prohibiting them from using the name "Trump" in any of its advertising or marketing.

Nights at Vegas claims Trump is violating the anti-trust laws, among other things. The suit seeks a cool $1 bil in compensatory damages and $3 bil in punitive.

No comment from Trumps peeps.

pathetic

I am a purchaser of a unit at Trump and I was so upset over the rental agreement and the arrrogance of Ryan Matthews.
We are being screwed big time. I want out. pathetic

lasvegasbynight

I'm also a purchaser at Trump and I am very unhappy with the rental agreement. I've decided to manage it myself by setting up this website to manage the property myself and for other owners for a lot less. Let it be win-win for everyone involved instead of win for Trump and screw everyone else.

ImissAnna

I'm first!! Trump stinks...

Blah

First. Big Thrill. Not.

that.is.all

What goes around, comes around Dump Truck.

barnyard smell

Anyone

So what, who cares?

Bubblebunny

I'm sure he will slither out of it.

Amy Silverman

Oh my-you've made my day-I hope they win and hot air bag looses everything-he's all hype anyway- LOL still laughing and PLEASE keep us posted TMZ

boringday

Big surprise- not. This guy has filed bankruptcy how many times already? If he doesn't manage to get out of this, I'm sure it will be back to bankruptcy court again for him. I'm sure he's so terribly sad, lol.

Kelli

Ok he will get out of this like always.

BOEING 787

Another frivolous lawsuit, they aren't even worth 35 K.

JJ

A BIG MAN WITH DADDY'S MONEY...........

Quiet

I am sure he has iron clad advertising agreements.would be funny though

jackschitt

It's nothing personal, just business. You're fired! What a dumbass!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments