Trump Sued for More Than He's Worth

1/29/2008 10:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is being sued for $4 billion. No big whoop, unless you're only worth around $2 billion.
Read the lawsuit
Nights at Vegas., Inc. is suing Trump, alleging he jock-blocked them in connection with the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Las Vegas. Nights at Vegas is a licensed real estate property management company that leased out a number of the 1,200 condos in Trump complex.

When Nights at Vegas leases a unit, it takes 20% of the rental income from the condo owner. The Donald has a management company that gets 50% of the income when it leases out the condos. Sounds like Nights has the edge. But there's a rub.

According to the lawsuit, Trump has effectively made it impossible for Nights at Vegas to do business by prohibiting them from using the name "Trump" in any of its advertising or marketing.

Nights at Vegas claims Trump is violating the anti-trust laws, among other things. The suit seeks a cool $1 bil in compensatory damages and $3 bil in punitive.

No comment from Trumps peeps.

Jack

losers like kelli need to be committed...........sorry

Mary Beth M.

IF YOU PUT A WIG ON TWEETY BIRD ------ WHO WOULD HE LOOK LIKE ????? THOUGHT I SAW A PUDDY - TAT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Standards are badly needed.

What morons. If they wanted to sue Trump for more than he's worth, they'd only need about twenty bucks.

Blondie

I hope ever y woman on earth applauds. This filthy geezer deserves all this and MORE. Karma's a bitch.

Dan

Keep us informed,....................this could get very interesting!

Jess

Dump has made a big mistake, He has crossed the line of normal business practices. He will lose big in court. Case law sides against him. He will settle out of court for a small amount. The settlement will be sealed and in secret. He will call it a shake down. I will call him a money grubbing crook.

cristine

finally some good news

doinou

I love Donald Trump. He is proof that there are still some brains left in America.

Bubblebunny

Maybe he can borrow the money from Dr. Phil !

Britt Fan

Hey Trump.I have an idea. Put all of your money in my bank account. It will be safe there. LOL

ugh

Somewhere, Rosie O'Donnell is laughing her ass off.

niles

Hope they take everything including the toup.

Dan

Do you imbeciles understand what this deal is about? TRUMP is a brand. Donald is blocking them from selling the condo's using his name and selling them less than he does. It would be like YOU coming out with a car brand named Ford and selling them at 50%+ below what Ford sells theirs for. And you expect him to be ok with this? He will certainly win the suit and this other company will be out of business.

Roam

Here's one for you Donald-

Why the 10 Commandments failed. There is such a thing as evil. Love Thy Neighbour – no way in hell. Adrian Saville bought a Mac straight after I did to mirror me. His Physical Address is 00-0E-08-CD-4B-AC. The last digits- ironic. He has been using our router his ID is 192.168.1.3.

He stole our back door key, ironic, We kept under our BBQ. Again ironic. He has been using it to change the router page and log on to our connection. May explain the information he has been supplying to all you creeps. As Mayer boasted on NY 2007 Learn It. Become It. Phase It Out.

He is now blocked. I presume the key was taken with the intent of causing my family harm. Phase It Out. May explain the connection between Adrian and certain “celeb’s”.

Love to know I was so wanted.

Anyway I have a book to write, so if you don’t catch them and sue them I will. I am fully aware of who they are. It’ll be a good book….

My Mother’s, Mother’s name was Miriam Moses. It was passed down through the women. Moral of the story is if I kept all the Commandments I’d be dead. It’s not about what you do it’s about who you pick. There’s only one of two choices so it isn’t THAT hard. The only difference between you and me is that I say NO. Ask anyone that knows me, when I do…RUN. So "NO" DONALD. Donald Duck never appealed to me, Mickey was always my fav.

So "NO" DONALD. Donald Duck never appealed to me, Mickey was always my fav.

Roam

One last thing - to those that don't like David Lawrence. Well about the raincoat...I never bought it. It was a present. I NEVER use an umbrella and it was given as a joke. It was to do with the name's David and Lawrence....it all started between them and a bet. That bet bought down an airline. Why I'm not a gambler.

Came in handy though. I didn't shrink.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments