Brit Could Be Involuntary Commitment Candidate

1/31/2008 10:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources at UCLA Medical Center tell TMZ Britney Spears has been classified as "G.D." -- Gravely Disabled. That is a huge and dangerous deal. That means the patient is unable to take care of basic needs, such as the acquisition of food, clothing or shelter. Being G.D. is one of the criteria for involuntary commitment.

Several health care professionals tell us Britney has fallen into a "manic state" due to her bipolar disorder. We're also told she arrived at the hospital this morning at around 2:15 AM, but wasn't admitted until 4:15 AM because she was causing such a scene in the hospital.

We first reported that Britney accused her mother of sleeping with her boyfriend. Now we have more. We're told Britney screamed, "The only reason she's admitting me is because she wants to be alone with her boyfriend! She wants to sleep with my boyfriend!!" Britney never said exactly who she was talking about.

When Brit calmed down, she talked about her kids, how much she misses them and how it's unfair that she doesn't have them.

Mik

Welcome to the Hotel California! How did you enjoy the ride?

theroyalgs

WHAT MEDICAL STAFF IS GIVING HARVEY LEVIN PATIENT INFORMATION. THEY SHOULD BE FIRED AND HARVEY SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH STALKING

The Research Bug

I would be too afraid for those boys' safety and well being if they were allowed to be in Britney's presence. She is too ill to be a good mother. Visitation with others around, maybe. But definitely not with her alone or with them in a vehicle with her, no way. Who knows what she's capable of doing to them if she decides to go off any medications she supposed to be taking or if she goes off the deep end again? No. Keep those boys safe with their father.

Maria

It seems that Britney caused quite a scene in admitting last night. Anyone who was there with her like Sam, Alli, Lynne, Jamie, Adnan, or anyone else with her would have been perfectly free to tell anyone including TMZ what transpired. Those people are not subject to any kind of privacy laws. The privacy laws pertain to the hospital and the hospital staff, not extraneous people, like relatives or Friends, who may be there with the patient.

If you go see a friend in the hospital, you are free to tell anyone anything you learned while you were there. You would not be subject to the privacy laws. You can tell anyone you like that your friend has high blood pressure, for example, but the hospital and its staff cannot do that. If you learn from your friend that he has high blood pressure and is having surgery in the morning, you are free to broadcast that to his friends, your friends, or any random people. The hospital cannot do that.

I've seen numerous posts on this board that allude to the 'hospital confirming that Britney's drug tests came back clean.' The hospital cannot do any such thing. That is a part of Britney's medical records and are fully protected by the privacy laws. Any of Britney's circle of people, or even Britney herself, are perfectly free to call People Magazine and tell them anything they like about Britney's drug tests. The hospital and its staff cannot do that. The hospital cannot release anything in her medical records whether it is drug test results, cholesterol counts, presence of STDs, acne on her back, or a mole on her butt. No one seems to be in the slightest upset about an allusion to the hospital releasing part of her very private medical records.

As far as Britney being unable to obtain her own food, clothing, and shelter. That's a bit odd. She owns two huge homes, tons of clothing, and certainly has no trouble ordering in a restaurant, or checking into a very posh hotel. I don't doubt but what she's not severely mentally disabled right now, but I doubt if she will be that way for long.

I suspect she has an accounting firm that pays her bills for her, so I don't know why anyone would need to seize control of her assets. I suspect this same accounting firm will pay her hospital bills as well. She is wealthy enough not to need any kind of medical insurance.

I would think that by this time Lynne Spears is independently wealthy. I strongly suspect she has made tons of money off Britney and does not need her to to supply funds to anymore.

FlBiker

Not all of them are me Kelli ;)

just the facts

This certainly proves that age-old saying that "Money Can't Buy Happiness".
I hope Britney gets the help she desperately needs. It’s a shame she has such a lousy support system surrounding her. If she were my daughter I would get her so far away from Hollywood they would need a monkey to deliver her mail.
Even fame and fortune can't protect you from mental illness. Maybe this will finally be the wakeup call for everyone around her to get her the help she so desperately needs before it's to late.
I'm pulling for you Britney and I'm sure you can get through this and come out the other end a better person...

Alan

WELL, THIS IS STEP ONE, IN THE HOSPITAL. NOW AS "WAIT A MINUTE" SAID "IF TMZ, DR PILL & ALL THE REST" STAY AWAY SOMETHING COULD BE DONE. ESPECIALLY DR "PILL" HE IS A REAL A-HOLE. GOOD LUCK BRITNEY AND I'LL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU. ALAN

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

I just skimmed through the comments. Many of you are sicker than Britney (and that is saying a lot). This isn't fun and games anymore. You are literally talking about a very sad and serious situation. There are two little boys who are growing up not knowng their mother and a mother so sick that she can't do anything about it. Don't even bother retorting that she is just spoiled and should just stay home - I believe if it were that easy it would have been done. She needs prayer and to be left alone now. TMZ S.T.O.P. stalking her. YOUR gravy train is being stalled. You should all hug a loved one, say a prayer, or just plain be glad that YOU haven't been institutionalized YET (it sounds as if many of you need to be). It is time to back off. ALL of us.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

hey FIBiker
whats your deal tonight,are you just sooooooooooo done with brit you have lost your great sense of humour,pretty hardcore tonight,usually not you,just sayin

anonymous

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just shows how out of touch she is! A lot of work ahead for the shrinks!!

patricia

Ok, first of all isn't the hospital suppose to be a private place?????????? Who is this "source"?

I think Britney has many problems - but I'm still not convinced as TMZ is that she is bipolar or mentally ill. I believe she is ill but maybe this is a drug-alcohol problem and is made worse by all this stress in this girls life! They reported that she had been taking ADD drugs, anti-anxiety drugs, she likes to drink alcohol, and she's taking tons of laxatives???!!!!!!!! That sounds unhealthy to me! Any person taking lots of different drugs is going to be messed up! Also, she makes runs to the coffee joints every couple hours - drugs plus alcohol plus major cafffeine can really screw you up and make it very difficult to sleep properly! On top of all of this - she has lost her two children and is going through a nasty custody battle! This girl is stressed to the max both physically and emotionally and that is why she is acting out!

One other strange thing is her relationship with her mother - she screams that her mother is sleeping with her boyfriend? Maybe she is suspicious of her mother because Lynne Spears has never been a great parent and has always profited off her childrens fame and fortune. Hollyweird is not a place for kids - how come this mother allowed her daughter to be used and manupulated by all these parasites??????????? I wouldn't trust my mother either if she had Lynne's personality! And, wasnt' Britney very concerned about her Mom's relationship with K'Fed - she thought her Mom had turned on her during the custody fight and she felt that she sided with Kevin. I don't think Lynne is sleeping with her boyfriends but I think Lynne is a BIG part of Britney Spears problems! Poor Sean and Jayden! Hopefully this girl can get it together and see her kids again!

Kelli

Britney is in the best place with her family behind her. I think we should all do a happy dance, except for TMZ of course. What will they do when she is well.

noel barry

No doubt it was losin the kids that pushed her to this level.I wish her the best and hope she gets her kids back.When celebrities die you people cry but when celebrities cry you mock and laugh Just be thankful she can be saved.Very cool headed irishguy.Hey harvey give me a call ya bollocks 201-421-8657

Nina

To anyone who thinks this chick should have the kids,
You are nuts. Why should two toddlers have to go to the 7-11 at 3:00 in the morning? Is that the mom you'd want? Give these kids a chance, and let Brit some care she obviously needs.

Kelli

oops, sorry, it's a new puter and I'm trying to get used to it.