Always Bet on Black! Snipes (Almost) Acquitted

2/1/2008 6:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A Florida jury has acquitted Wesley Snipes of federal tax fraud and conspiracy charges, but convicted him of three misdemeanor counts of failing to file tax returns.

Snipes, who originally faced up to 16 years in prison, could get up to three years.

His two co-defendants were convicted by the same jury of tax fraud and conspiracy.

Story developing ...

Unfair

I do not understand why the headline says bet on black....what is tmz trying to say....

zoemayne

"I am a white, morbidly obese female, Messianic Jew and believe me, I also know what prejudice feels like."

FromOcala Thats not a nice way to think of yourself................................

zoemayne

"Snipes' lawyers argued that he was a victim of crooked advisers, and the jury seemed to believe it. Co-defendants Eddie Ray Kahn, the founder of a tax protest group, and Douglas P. Rosile, an accountant who lost his licenses, were convicted Friday by the same panel of tax fraud and conspiracy. Both face up to 10 years in prison."

his defense to the court nothing to do about race get the facts.

his defense to the media was race if he would of lost...............

AL GOREs VAGINA

THE IRS WOULD LOVE ALL OF US TO MAKE THIS OUT ABOUT RACE !!!.........IT'S NOT.......IT'S ABOUT HOW UNFAIR OUR TAX SYSTEM TRULY IS !!!...........LESS THAN 3% OF THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY PAY 91% OF ALL THE INCOME TAXES COLLECTED BY THE IRS !!!........BUT , HILLIARY AND OSAMA OBAMA AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY THINK ANY ONE MAKING MORE THAN $ 60,000.00 a year IS RICH !!! THAT'S RIGHT YOU CAN EARN $ 60k + A YEAR AND PAY THE SAME AS SOMEBODY LIKE ( BILL GATES ) IN TAXES !!!...............WHAT'S THE ANSWER ???............HAVE EVERYBODY PAY THE SAME % ( 10% or 20% ) THAT'S FAIR ....SO IF YOUR EARNING $ 1,000,000 or $ 10,000 WE ARE ALL PAYING THE SAME !!!

WHAT?

Just say it DTM

Lives like a double edge sword. My way/either way

zoemayne

?

zoemayne

*******************************************READ THIS*****************************************************
his defense to the court nothing to do about race get the facts.
his defense to the media was race if he would of lost...............

Shelly

Hopefully one day we can all commit tax fraud and get away with it too. When I sign my taxes and send them away, I am aware of what i am signing. But I guess I can always blame it on someone else. Apparently that excuse works in the court of law. Now hopefully all the white CEO's who do the same thing but go to jail for it, will appeal with the " but you let a black man get away with it" reason. Congratulations justice system.

zoemayne

AmericanAmerican he'll end up paying more in the end. he has to pay those lawyers up + probation/Jail time + time lost from making movies + irs interest etc etc. he didn't get away with anything he'll just have to pay for his ""Stupidity" as you would say.

loni

As you are doing your taxes this year, think about poor Wesley that owes 39 million yet didn't know he had to file or pay taxes. my 16 year old son knows better.. Snipes knew, he just thought taxes were for "the little people" and it looks like he is right. I bet he is laughing his butt off at all us tax paying fools. He probably won't get jail time will and someone will take up a collection or have a benefit. You can bet we wouldn't have gotten away with owing just a couple of thousand. I am so sick of unequal treatment for celebrities.

Shelly

Oh and #50...... Take a class about african history. Read books about the slave trade and how they sold their own people into slavery. Oh but that fact never get mentioned does it? Get educated and then form an opinion.

jack

We don't need no stinking IRS

FromOcala

DTM, you misunderstand, I dont think there is anything wrong with who and what I am. I wasnt putting myself down, Others in our society do. I am white, I am female. Cannot change either and do not wish to. I am obese, that can be and is changing. Being a Messianic Jewish person-- I am proud of that fact. But others dont see it as a plus. What matters is what I think, and what the people I care about think. By saying that Ocala wasnt a place he could get a fair trial, because we were "a hotbed of Klan activity" he set in motion exactly what he wanted. He changed the focus of the trial. It no longer has to do with whethor not he commited a crime, it has to do with the perception of Ocala and whether or not we are racist. Not all black people "play the race card", but those that do, do a disservice to all of us. The race as a whole claims to want equality, while setting themselves apart at the same time. You cannot have it both ways. Respect, Equality and Peace have to come from ALL sides, ALL races in order to exist.

DingDong DingDong

Good, That means I don't have to pay any more taxes.

Stupid ass jurors..

Brian

If he was wrong, why didn't the government simply answer his questions instead of ignoring them? Kelli was right by saying he was "lucky". He was lucky to find a jury smart enough to think for itself and not simply believe the judge and the persecutor, er, I mean, prosecutor. Has anyone else read the book "The Federal Mafia"?