Eva Mendes

in Rehab

2/1/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Eva Mendes is in Utah battling a substance abuse problem.

0201_eva_mendez_ex_large-1
We're told the "Ghost Rider" star is at the famous Cirque Lodge, near Sundance. The Lodge, which treated Lindsay Lohan and other stars, is one of the most respected treatment facilities in the country.

Eva has been at Cirque for several weeks.

Her rep tells TMZ "Eva has been working hard for the past year and made a positive decision to take some much-needed time off to proactively attend to some personal issues that, while not critical, she felt deserved some outside professional support. Out of respect for Eva's privacy, we do not wish to discuss further details."

onionboy

Eva is a megababe! I hope she recovers well but I have to say that I am glad she will be plastered across all the gossip/pap outlets for months. I likie to lookie!

mickey lou

Is all of Hollyweird battling something?

biteme

Drugies and drunks have been around for a loooong time. Celebrities and normal (me) people alike. Its just now they can't hang.

nacho

well, this is a surprise to me, never saw this coming. I like her as an actress and a person, she seems pretty real to me. At least she went in on her own before getting arrested, a drunk driving, etc. etc. I wish her the best.

Ms Kris

So-we now know the reason this person kept taking her clothes off all the time-under the influence

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#10..........You gotta feel sorry for that person. Maybe he/she was always LAST in every aspect of his/her sorry a$$ life.

amu

What is she in for?

HOLY ISH

WTF???? What kind of substance? GOD BLESS!!!!

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Why don't they just close Hollywood down all together. The whole friggin town needs HELP in one form or another. So much for fame and fortune. The Hollywood PUKES make me want to puke!

that.is.all

You'd be surprised who is and who isn't doing drugs and abusing alcohol. Your next door neighbor, your clergyman, your teacher, your school bus driver, your son, daughter, mother or father, etc., etc.

But in the entertainment industry, my guess is over 50 percent for sure. It's high anxiety, people such as yourselves, raise you up to knock you down. You are exploited personally and privately for all to see, every time you wipe your ass or take a pee. Celeb's are human too. Maybe they make a ton of money but that doesn't mean they don't have anxiety and pressures none of you regular folk can even imagine.

I'm no different so I'll just speculate that Eva has coike eyes in many of her photo's.

Whatever.

Claudia

"It isn't Hollywood, it's the whole damn world on drugs and booze...."

So true, and if I would have a drug problem it wouldn't be reported on TMZ, Just Jared or Perez Hilton.....

patsy ramsey

eva mendez is super hot, talk about a top rack!!
TOP RACK!!
nicolas cage is one of my favorite male actors, he should visit her and help her out

Death will scare ya!

I think all these celebs going to rehab now were scared by seeing Heath Ledger die. They figure if an oscar nom actor could have a problem then they too could go too far. They say that fame and money just magnify problems that already exist within a person's personality. And because the rest of the average joe addicts don't have a camera in their faces 24/7 no one notices.

RIP Heath
Rest in the hospital Britney.
I hope you get better Eva.

Life is too beatiful and already too short to live this way:)

Ck

Unlike Britney's circus of mental illness that's made a spectacle out of her (sadly, because the poor woman is crying out for attention), I guess more celebrities have been affected by Heath's tragic death. Although it's never been proven that he was abusing (I tend to think he was clean, but did abuse once upon a time), the pressures of stardom obviously took their toll to make him an insomniac and a sleeping-pill popper. His death impacted Hollywood so much that every major talent PR agency got pressure from their clients to shut down ET's slanderous news piece and baseless accusations on an ambiguous video. There's no WAY these stars weren't affected or made to think twice about their choices. We hope. Maybe Mendes learned a thing or two about the value of simply being alive. Let's hope they all clean up their acts before going into total downward spirals.

Dean

All these celebrities in rehab! It must be the newest fad in career moves.