God Pages Nurse Vining to Heaven

2/2/2008 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shell KeplerShell Kepler, who played nurse Amy Vining on "General Hospital" for more than 20 years, died yesterday in Portland, Ore. Paging Dr. Quartermaine!

According to the Medical Examiner's office, Kepler died of renal failure.

After her stint on "General Hospital" ended, Kepler moved to Portland and got involved in charity fundraising.

IMDb says she was 46, the M.E. says she was 49.

Margarita

I have to say I'm completely disgusted by TMZ's new "witty" obits for people. It's completely disrespectful and shows absolutely no regard for human life. Just report the loss of life and leave your attempts at humour for the living.

mommyof4

Thats a terrible title TMZ!! If you must report something at least make it respectful

Twinker

I have been a fan of GH since the late 1960's. Shell Kelpler was a grace note to GH and will be missed. I was always fascinated about her unusual facial features but could tell she was a nice person "in real life" I remember flipping thru the channels and watching her clothes demos on QVC. My prayers to her family, friends and fans....

mare

I watched from the beginning when i was like 7 years old. Rest in peace. she had a good business in lace. God rest her soul

Debra

when someone dies thats not as famous as others, you make really rude obitiuaries. like u make a joke of the person. its really wrong.

moi

What exactly is renal failure? And I remember her on GH....my sympathy goes out to her family-

Doug

Amy was a great character and Shel was a very nice person. My sympathies to her family. TMZ should really delete all the crass comments. Really.

xmoreland

As a person who lives in Portland Oregon and has become a great friend of Shel I am very saddened by her passing. Shel has devoted much of her life in recent years to fundraising and charity work. You could always count on her to be there when you needed her. She is greatly loved and will be greatly missed. RIP my friend

Ladywonder

I remember watching her on G.H. wonderful actress...My prayers to the family.

Glisten Garbor

That is so sad..I have 2 of her sweaters from her clothing line.

Abe

Too bad. Renal failure can occur because of many things, but is a common cause of death to those with certain eating disorders.
I dont know if this is the case here.

BLINKING !!

Wow TMZ, Not even in death do you know how to respect a person.

Maxine

Does anyone remember when she first joined GH in 1979, she had a crush on Alan. But, they abandoned that storyline. There are a bunch of scenes of her (1983?) and John Stamos, from when John Stamos played 'Blackie'....up on Youtube.

My favorite was the 1979 scene when Amy and Laura exchanged Christmas gifts, remember when Amy gave Laura the music box that played Brahms lullibyes ??? I don't know how I remember this stuff. Amy was a great character, but I don't remember her having much of a storyline, or did she? Did they give her a love interest when they were all living at Bobbie's brownstone ??

Sara

"Paging Dr. Quartermaine"?!?!?!? How could you be so glb??. Someone died, family and friends are mourning the loss of a loved one. Whoever wrote that has no soul.

kim suck

Paging Dr. Quartermaine!!!did the gerbil survive?