New Subpoena in Brit Case

2/4/2008 8:44 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael SandsThe man hired by Mark Vincent Kaplan (K-Daddy's lawyer) to field media calls has been subpoenaed in the Britney Spears case.

The subpoena subject -- PR guru Michael Sands. Everyone, including Sands' personal lawyer, Randolph W. Wright, is mum on the nature of the subpoena, however, one source says it is "substantial."

Britney's lawyers, Trope and Trope, drafted the subpoena. Expect a dogfight over whether the info Sands has is protected by the attorney-client privilege.

name withheld

I love Blackout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crusader33

Just last week, I liked Sam. Now, don't trust him. Or her parents. Or K-Fed. Where's Carla? Make her conservator.

NTL

Sam? On here? I wish he would reveal himself. He would be torn to shreds!

I hate k fed

To all, and to agree with kelli, sean, vandy, britaculous,stop the crazy stuff,alwyzexploren,Diane T,DJ,AussieAussieAussie, anonymous,Nancy,ME,Coco,steven,Tricia,Molly,
Britney needs someone to tell the TRUTH about all that happened! She is not CRAZY, she is under tremenous stress and has been attacked by Kevin etc., all this time. Kevin needs her $, she needs nothing from him. He could have been a decent and loving father/husband, as anyone should be a faithful loving spouse. He wasn't. I think the man is trash, an shouldnt allow him to raise a DOG.. Britney put out a successful album, worked hard to do her videos, and have any of you heard her say one nasty thing about K-Fed? She hasnt lowered herself to say ANYTHING! We all know he is a dope using, ho playing type of man. I hope she gets better soon, and that her father, that she doesnt trust over his own drug addcitions, is not in control of her. Nothing that has happened is fair to her. She earned this money, and she is OWED a life.,

lally

Sounds like T and T are getting close to the core reasons. Imagine if KFED had to go get a regular job and will be found out for orchestrating the break down of the mother of his kids? Who has the mental problem then?He is just a most horrid man and hopefully no other woman will be entangled in his life. Go Medical team-those psychs at UCLA are bright and will diagnose this whole situation pretty quickly!

lally

Awesome info 47, give us more info on the lawyers-oops vultures who are swooping in for the cash cow. Kaplan reminds me of a little Napolean. He is such a little man. How does a man begin litigation against a gravely disabled opponent and then bill her for millions?

Britwatcher

Do you remember that Jim Carey movie "The Truman Show"? Life imitates art for Britney

NTL

For those posters who say quit talking about Britney, get a life, ect, I want to say its important to keep the interest up...in a way. If she was not a front page story, she very well may get completely screwed. All parties need to know that thousands, if not millions, of eyes are on them, scrutinizing everything. Now, when she is released, she needs to be left alone. No doubt about it, but the story of court proceedings must be examined. Hell, if its nothing else, its a lesson on what not to do in your life.

Mary Jane

Britney is NOT MENTALLY ILL> She just did not want her babies, and now her lawyers are dsperate for anything to help Britards side. I eat my own boogers.

lally

Kaplan has had disciplinary action on his record. T and T and all of Britney's attorneys are on the up and up. If a lawyer an break the rules in his own area, then who knows what he'll do in the real world. The system is corrupt. It is like that Aruban kid whose dad is the Judge and that Natalee Holloway was dumped at sea. It is great the medical team doesn't work or is paid like attorneys and Judges are.

kelli

you are ALL ASS CLOWNS U HEAR ME???!!!! Leave me alone & stop posting as me! I am going to get my name KELLI trademarked and will sue u all!!! And stope putting k fed down!! Britney and sam will be married very soon u will all seeeeeee!!!! leave me alone!!!!

kelli

and I DO NOT eat my own buggers!!! only my kids!!

TMZ is pathetic

I AM CALLING THE CHICAGO AREA 4 HEADQUARTERS ABOUT ALL YOUR POSTS!! THEY ARE HATE CRIMES & THEY SAID THEY ARE CALLING THE F.B.I & THEY HAVE THE CAPABILITIES TO TRACK THROUGH YOUR COMPUTERS!! YOU ARE GOING TO PRISON FOR HATE CRIMES!

Cartman

Kelli, you never answered me about being me new roomy.

I guess I'll just have to enjoy these tea and strumpets by me self, guvna.

Kelli

is it obvious i cant get kelli out of my head. i am obsessed.