Delta Burke in Psychiatric Ward

2/6/2008 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned "Designing Women" star Delta Burke checked herself into a psychiatric hospital last week for depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and "hoarding."
Click here to listen
Burke, 51, has done an interview with TMZ TV, in which she describes how hoarding (being a pack rat) has ruined her life, but she believes she may now be able to conquer it.

Check out the preview. Watch TMZ TV tonight for the interview. Check local listings.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

R!SSA

Looks like the new thing to do is check into a psychiatric ward! YAY FOR INSANITY!

Hopefully everyone gets the help they need.........

Sick of It All

What is "whoreing"????

Cartman

Hollywood padded cell is new DUI

NIK

Is anyone not psychotic these days? I guess it's the in thing to be.

natalie

Aw, poor Delta. I hope she gets well soon!

JENNIFER ANNISTON LITE

WHAT''S IN THE WATER IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MONEY AND FAME DRIVING THEM ALL TO THE ASYLUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GUYS FROM GREYS ANATOMY, BRITNEY, THIS POOR HAS BEEN BURKE, EVA MENDEZ TOO.

GOOD GRIEF

ME

Poor gal...at least she knows she has a problem and wants to do what it takes to get better. Good luck and God Bless Delta!!!!

Tennis Chick

Hopefully,another celebrity on doctor prescribed meds, can get help!!!!! These stories are starting to put me to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! I mean they all are a little to similiar and possibly media stunts by talent agnts to help stalled careers??????????

Just asking?

not quite sure

Who's not in a psych ward lately? Must be fashionable, or just to get your name out there. She hasn't done anything noteworthy in years, but now on the bandwagon with the rest of them. Why, oh why else would you not want to keep this type of personal thing under wraps?

Your Mom

I feel bad for her, but if you guys think an interview with Delta Burke about hoarding is an incentive to watch your crappy show, think again.

noyankhere

although delta burke is not known in the uk isnt she part of a well known acting and singing family of 3 sisters?. am not sure but isnt she related to an actress called ashley something or the other.. anyway, what is up with celebrity land ?. this yr so far we have had 2 young actors dead, 1 singer in the looney bin, another actor checking in and out of the looney bin , countless rehab admissions , over here we have amy whinehouse , paris hilton flogging everything that isnt nailed to the floor. now delta is getting some action by admitting herself in for compulsive hoarding behaviour.!! you begin to realise that its all smoke and mirrors this dream of perfection that hollywood sells as far as the artists are concerned..we expect far too much of these people.. expect them to be perfect when they are just human.. having lots of money and a team of pr people cant save you from your demons when they knock on your door.

BobT

Oh please, pack ratting!? You should see my garage. Americans have long been hoarders. We don't throw anything anyway for fear it will be the hot item to have in the future for Nostalgia($$$) I have a friend that built a small garage to hold their MatchBox Car Collection. Now tell me she bought a house to store stuff in or owns her own U-Store-It and I'll think she has a problem. Till then, she just doesn't like to waste. But don't throw your stuff away Delta, donate it or give it to me. I'll sell it, donate it or throw it away and who knows if I like something well enough, maybey I'l add it to my own "Collections".

Jennifa O Jenny

What? Is every celeb trying to help brit save face by entering into a psych ward and rehab too so brit won't look strange and stand out anymore? Or has brit made it trendy be crazy?

MIA's Finest

Once apon a time, a very long time ago...Delta Burke was a smokin hot country girl....that was before she gain a ton of weight. She used to be in beauty pagants when she was young.

Lenn K.

We sit back and think how great it would be to be rich and famous, not. These people tell all we really want to know about fame and fortune. I love being middle-class and can something, but there's somethings I can't do and that's fine with me. Delta Burke inthe psych ward doesn't surprise me at all. Psych wards the new rehabs!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments