« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Pedro and the Cockfight -- The Horrifying Video

2/7/2008 8:14 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the video of three-time Cy Young award winner Pedro Martinez at a cockfight with Hall of Fame pitcher Juan Marichal in the Dominican Republic. Did Michael Vick not teach us all a lesson?

The video shows Mets star Martinez and Marichal serving as "soltadores" -- the people who release the animals into the death ring. As the fight goes on -- which we have chosen not to show -- Martinez and Marichal can be seen in the audience, smiling and laughing.

Cockfighting is legal and popular in the Dominican Republic.

It's unclear whose rooster won, but really -- does it matter?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sammi

I hate third world countrys...btw lets stop bringing these losers to this country, just because you can throw a effin baseball obivilously does not mean you have class.

faye

It's getting pretty hard to have any respect at all for professional athletes anymore.

RedBird

only sick pigs get a thrill out of forcing animals to fight to the death for their own "entertainment"
GET HELP YOU FREAKS

carl c

PETA YOU SUCK!!!!!!! ITS LEGAL IN THAT COUNTRY GET OVER IT,IF YOU GUYS CARED ABOUT HUMANS SUCH AS THE HOMELESS PROBLEM IN THIS COUNTRY AS YOU DO ABOUT MY DINNER THEN YOU WOULD BE DOING SOME GOOD, YOURE TAKING UP SPACE.ULTRA LIBERAL F@#KTARDS

Stienberg ESQ

TEACH CHILDERN COMPASSION. ANIMAL CRUELITY IS NOT A FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT !!!
GET A HEART, GET SOME COMPASSION YOU LOSERS !!

misssmissy

Poor animal..Someone should do the same to him

yogagirl

Oh jeez it's hopeless. Listen to these idiots. No wonder other countries hate us.

ReeYees

this is the same guy that took down ole 80 year old Don ZImmer. remember that? but I wonder if he yelled out I choose you Roosterchu

Kelli

yogagirl, All I said in the beginning was "big man with a little pecker". Whats wrong with that?

ReeYees

nah i think other countries hate us because of shows like My Super Sweet Sixteen and the Hills

B-Rock

Guys, you're not supposed to be outraged at c@ck fighting JUST because it's against the law. For those people that say "oh well it's not illegal there", that means that you would have been cool with Vick's dog-fighting ring if it happened in a place that was legal.

There are places in the world where slavery (based on color and sex) are still legal. It doesn't make it right either. My morals tell me that this is disgusting. Sorry "anonymous internet posters I'll never meet and won't think about again in my life once I hit 'add your comments' ", a bunch of random people saying "if it's legal it's ok" doesn't change my morals or my view on this guy one bit.

luvmydog

He's disgusting.

The Flying Doucheman

Invizible chicken bukkit

Cynthia

What is it with professional sports personalities and cruelty to animals. Sick bastards! I don't give a crap if it is legal in that country!

Donkeypuncher

Prostitution is also legal in the Dominican, I'd rather get a BJ from Pedro's sister than watch animal cruelty! hahahah!