It's a Family Affair! Brit's Bro Now in the Mix Too!

2/14/2008 7:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A judge has granted a request to have Britney's older brother, Bryan, be named as the trustee of his sister's trust.
Read the docs
30-year-old Bryan and attorney Ivan Taback have been granted the authority to serve as co-trustees.

According to documents filed today, Britney is the sole trustee of the trust. But, according to the trust, "an individual Trustee shall cease to act as Trustee hereunder if he or she is under a legal disability or if by reason of illness or mental or physical disability, in the written opinion of two doctors then practicing medicine, he or she is unable to manage his or her affairs."

Since Bryan and Ivan Taback were named successor co-trustees, they assume control. Stacy Smith is also named a successor co-trustee, but had previously declined her appointment.

britaculous

22. That is actually really good news. Of the entire family, Bryan is the only one she has never had beef with. She never severed ties with him and still talks to him several times a week. He isn't "in the biz" and he takes his family priorities very seriously. They used to live together in NYC. He was the one she went to after the MTV award show snafu. Bryan is a good influence and I am actually relieved to see he is taking a larger role. He wont (can't) be influenced by his parents either: Brit is his favorite family member.

Posted at 6:01PM on Feb 14th 2008 by Lizz
-------------------------

I think you're right. he's th eone she was always seen with last year - like vegas trips and all - ......

What's the diff between TRUST and ESTATE?
Thought dady was in charge of estate?
And does daddy only control finances as per last post? Or can he still restrict visitors and such?

cheetos

Team Spears,

You can do it!
You can do it!
You can do it if you put your mind to it!

TMZ reader

Bryan is a hottie.

Tangie

If loving Britney is wrong, I don't want to be right!

luvthedrama

Wait a minute! I think I hear the theme to the "Berverly Hillibillies!" Wow! I didn't even know she had a brother. Maybe he is just to embarrassed to be known as part of the Spears clan, and maybe thats why the spotlights haven't been on him....well big bro...put on your shades as that spotlight is gonna be on you now! Welcome to Britneyville, population 4 errrr...make that 5 now!

wow. again. seriously

Are you never satisfied? People were freaking out that her dad had all the control, now they brought in someone else so that Jamie wasn't the only one. That makes sense to me. I don't think being a trustee gives you the power like a conservator gets. It seems like big brother has his head on straight. People that say they are on the gravytrain, I am sure there were plenty of opportunities for the Bro to make some cash off his sis, and I have never once seen him on Access Hollywood, or TMZ for that matter. I remember seeing him a long time ago accompanying Brit to an event, but that was a long, long time ago, like "hit me baby one more time" long ago. This sounds like a good thing.

April Fouels

IM GOING TO DAYTONA THIS WEEKEND, WE HAVE A FULL SIZE, CARDBOARD CUT-OUT OF JEFF GORDON, WE ARE PUTTING A PINK WIG ON IT, AND A BLOODY PAIR OF PANTIES, YOU MIGHT SEE IT ON T.V.....HAHA...

CHRIS

I didn't even know she had a brother!

Liz

Too bad so many people on here don't trust their family members. I really feel sorry for you because there's nothing like family.

Tracey

Oh my this sounds like the beginning of the end...

noitall

ANOTHER TRAILER TRASH RELATIVE WITH HIS HAND OUT .........

Anne

21. FYI to all the family bashers - Bryan IS employed, he is a TV producer and is currently employed!

STFU!!! You all wish you had a caring family like Britney has!!!

Some of you sound as if you weren't hugged enough as a child! I pity you now more than I do/did Britney!

Posted at 6:01PM on Feb 14th 2008 by Ima Bitch

His 'producer' credits consist of several episodes of Jamie Lynns' Disney teen show; think his 'job' is living off his sisters.

britaculous

Okay I get it now. Pops in charge of money and meds. Bro in charge of trust!

"One additional matter decided in today's hearing involved Britney's trust, which had been under control of the conservatorship. This control has now been handed over to Brit's older brother Bryan Spears and attorney Mitchell Gaswirth, who will receive "reasonable compensation" for their time." Ok Mag.

Does anyone know how the 730 will affect her custody case with Fedex?

Tennis Chick

PLEASE!!!!!! BRITNEY IS BEHAVING SO SHE CAN HAVE HER DAD REMOVE! YEAH, RIGHT!

SHE IS MENTALLY ILL AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW IT! IT'S SO SAD THAT SHE IS GOING DOWN THE PATH OF ANNA NICOLE SMITH AND HER PARENTS ARE GIVING IT ONCE LAST TRY TO SAY "WE DID EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO HELP OUR DAUGHTER WHO IS NOW A MENTALLY ILL ADULT. IF SHE DIES THEY CAN REST AT EASY THEY ***********TRIED E V E R Y T H I N G POSSIBLE TO GET HER HEALTHY FOR HER HERSELF AND SMALL CHILDREN! I F SHE GETS HER DAD REMOVED AND SHE OD'S ON DRUGS OR TAKES HER OWN LIFE IT WILL BE THE MOST SELFISH THING SHE COULD EVER DO!!!!!!!!!!!! I PRAY FOR HER FAMILY--WHAT THEY MUST BE GOING THROUGH TO TRY EVERYTHING TO HELP HER!!!!!!!!!!!!! REGARDLESS OF A L L THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE "USED" BRITNEY SHE NEEDS TO G R O W UP AND STOP ACTING OUT AND BEING CARELESS FOR HER CHILDREN'S SAKE!!!

cheetos

Go Go Go
Go Go Speed Racer (team spears)
He's A Speed Demon on Wheels
He's A Demon And he's gonna be comin after someone!
Go Speed go!
Go Speed go!
Go Speed (team spears) Racer GOOooooo!