NBC on Fonda's "C*nt": That's News, Folks!

2/14/2008 4:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Despite Jane Fonda's little "rhymes-with-hunt" moment this morning, NBC says it has no plans to guard against similar morning emissions in the future.

A "Today" show rep tells TMZ, "It's a news show. There is no tape delay, and there won't be a tape delay." We also called "Good Morning America," where Diane Keaton infamously dropped an F-bomb on Diane Sawyer, and they've got no plans to delay at all.

As for CBS' "Early Show," they're also live, says a rep, and won't be using a delay. And we called the FCC a few times to see if they'll be penalizing NBC or requiring a tape delay because of Citizen Jane's slip, but so far, not a peep (or a bleep).

GG

To #88 - Mr. Wrong. George W is the "C" word. I can't wait for November.

Annie

Fonda has long ago acknowledged that she was used by the Viet Cong in that photo and regretted the pain it may have caused and apologized a number of times for it. She was young and didn't use the best of judgment when confronted with the devastation and death the US had dealt the North Vietnamese. In general, there was nothing traitorous about oppositon to the Vietnam war. Such opposition was brave and patriotic and desperatelt needed. And in the end stopped an illegal and immoral war. The fact that we have posters here still defending that travesty is mind boggling. In my eyes, those who blindly supported that war and tore apart our country were the real traitors.

TMZ is, in and of itself, vulgar and "classless." Isn't that its goal? I interpreted TMZ's commentary about calling the FCC not as moralizing but as TMZ calling the FCC out on their hypocrisy. Right, guys?

The use of the word was in the context of Fonda discussing a play which uses "shock" terms and her use of the word was appropriate. As someone noted earlier, it isn't as if she was calling Meredith a name. An adult should not be freaking out at the simple discussion of any word.

Fonda was and still is a powerhouse all by herself. In reality Henry Fonda was an awful and psychologically abusive father to both her and her brother. I think she is actually a better and more natural actor than Henry. She has 2 very deserved Oscars . She continues to support and involve herself in worthwhile activities with her work with pregnancy prevention among teens.

Like her or not, Jane Fonda is an interesting and very accomplished woman. And I think she still looks great.

bill park

That Jane Fonda, What a C**T!

AL GOREs VAGINA

" Your Mother " = HANOI JANE"S PUBLICIST .

wake-up

compared to everything else on tv, this is over reacting. Big deal.

AL GOREs VAGINA

GP, Your Mother, Jane Fonda all the same person.

AL GOREs VAGINA

GP IS THE " C " WORD !....HOW DOES THAT FEEL ?

Sarah

I love the "Janiac"

GG

Call me anything you want. He's still the "C" word and I still can't wait for November.

2DogWoman

This strikes me as a pathetic attempt for attention and to one-up Diane Keaton, another feeb.
These old rhymes-with-hunts should stay home and knit something for their grandkids.

AL GOREs VAGINA

HEY--MR. GP IS A CU*T.......BILLERY AND HUSSEIN OBAMA WILL SELF DESTRUCT AND JOHN MCCAIN (PRES. ) AND ROMNEY ( V.P. ) WILL ROLL OVER WHATEVER'S LEFT , AND I CAN"T WAIT TILL NOVEMBER .

S

I personally don't see what the big deal is about.

Diana Quest

You guys its Katia, You guys Katia,, Ok you guys it's katia It's really me

You guys, women are so precious
That story just made me want to say that.

You guys could people not be like
"Oh it's Katia comments It's Katia comments"

Like waiting for me to get online

Like you guys, I'm like swinging my hair out of my face like
Do you think they will let me get on to http://www.hstylemagazineonline.com/
I heard it's really exlusive and you can't even log on if you don't have a cute style

I think there's a way to get on it though. Did anyone get on it?

doug donovan

this is a wonderful use of time.

arnold

Give me a break that she has "no class". Rap lyrics sell millions of albums and a lot of people respect it, she says one word.. idiotic double standard here. And Hanoi Jane was eons ago. Jesus.