What's Next? The Ivy to Serve Pigs' Feet?!

2/22/2008 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Ivy went country yesterday as someone named Chris Gaines Garth Brooks shed his cowboy hat and cheesy checked shirt for a more touristy ensemble -- and decided to munch on a $27 salad. This ain't Oklahoma anymore!

He was mobbed by a ton of fans as he walked out. Seems he's a big star.

Dr. Adams

Is he going too retire...............................(((Again)))

angela

Better than Brit anyday!!

Michelle

I would not pay $27 bucks for a salad. I don't care WHO eats there. No salad is worth as much as a tank of gas. Crap.

Kitty Angel

Love you Garth, love you Garth, love you Garth, love you Garth, love you Garth ...............

Just Me

HI TATTED UP CHICK,

I'VE ACTUALLY HAD LUNCH AT THE IVY AND YES THE SALAD IS WORTH $27. OH AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE THAT GAS IS THAT CHEAP? I HAVE A SMALL CAR AND I PAY $40.00 TO FILL IT UP!

L

Even if I had Madonna's, Oprah's and Donald Trump's money combined, I wouldn't pay 27.00 for a plate of lettuce.
That's obscene, but I don't know which is worse: that they charge it or people pay it.

whosyouradd

How the hell do you not know who Garth Brooks is? Yeah he sings country music but I dont know anyone who doesnt know the words to Friends in Low Places!!!

OCD

Garth Brooks is a country music LEGEND. And he's a really nice guy, too.

Tiffany

This guy sells out an unprecedented 5 concerts at Staples in less then an hour, donates 100% of the profit to California fire victims, he has a huge fan base - of course this guy is a huge star!

Rigbybug

"Seems he's a big star" ?? Garth Brooks is the top selling solo artist of all time (and second only to the Beatles in total sales -I'm assuming TMZ has heard of them). So yeah, I'd say he's a big star.

Heather

Not everything at the Ivy is outrageously expensive, the portions are actually huge and the food is fantastic. Getting attention is not the only reason celebs head there. My husband just about curled up and died when he tasted their meatloaf...it was heavenly. My huge serving of salmon was tremendously good. They are also fantastic to their clientele, even when it's a little ol' nobody like me. Clearly they just won't let you past the picket fence, TMZ.

Michelle

Just me, I'm in Washington. And still, regardless of how good it is, no salad is worth that much. It's leaves and vegetables.

DT

Garth sold out 9 shows in 90 minutes in Kansas City last November. If you have ever seen him you would know why. Each show was almost 3 hours long. Gets along with everyone and takes whatever time is needed to do autograph sessions or interviews. TMZ you need to get over your phobia of country music and the people who play and listen to it.

Just Me

TATTERED UP CHICK,

IT ACTUALLY IS A VERY GOOD PLACE TO EAT. I DIDN'T MIND PAYING THE PRICE AT ALL. I DON'T GO ALL THE TIME THAT WOULD BE OUTRAGOUS. IF I'M MEETING GIRLFRIENDS FOR LUNCH THEN I DON'T MIND. I'M STILL BLOWN AWAY ON THE GAS THING!! I REMEMBER WHEN GAS WAS ONLY THAT MUCH HERE!!

Michelle

My little bitty car only takes 30 bucks to fill up! Gas is around 2.75 in some places here. Depends on where you go for it. Still, I would have a hard time paying that much. If I'm gonna spend an outrageous amount of money on something, it will be a tad more then just a salad. =D

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments