"Idol" Nurse Busted for DUI

2/28/2008 11:54 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"A.I." finalist Amanda Overmyer pleaded guilty to DUI back in October 2006 near her hometown of Mulberry, IN.
Booking photo of Amanda Overmeyer
She received a suspended sentence of 60 days and was placed on 180 days probation, which ended in August 2007.

According to the National Enquirer, on the night of her arrest Overmyer had a blood alcohol level of 0.108 and spent six hours in the Montgomery County Jail before her fiancé posted her bail.

Mike

Why am I not surprised about this? She's too masculine.

bean

18. Why am I not surprised about this? She's too masculine.

Posted at 10:10AM on Feb 28th 2008 by Carrie

do only "masculine" woman get DUI's???? ha ha ha ha

Glisten Garbor

I can't stand this chick..I sure hope that she and David Cook are going home tonight..

oops, you fell.

Well then, she fits right in with the Hollywood crowd!

Seriously, that was a long time ago. Giver her a break. She made a mistake and paid for it.

Stacey

Who really cares if she was busted a 1 1/2 ago! Seriously, either get a life or find something that is news worthy TMZ!

ME

She can't sing either, she should get voted off tonight!
She sounds like a grandma who is a heavy smoker.

He's Boring now

Doesnt AI do background checks before letting these people come to California? Last time I checked a DUI is a felony in most states. NO felons on the show please, no matter the crime. I think thats what is meant by developing story. Dont be surprised if the vote is suddenly rigged to off her now, irregardless of that scratchy throated performance last night.

bean

24. Woud you want her making nurse house calls to your elderly loved ones? Showing up on a motorcycle all tanked and plastered, and all decked out like that? My goodness I thought the state of Indiana has come further along than what she represents of it.

Posted at 10:22AM on Feb 28th 2008 by DeGaulle Calling

IN ILLINOIS AT LEAST, FIRST TIME OFFENSE (NOT AGGRAVATED) IS A MISDEMEANOR

T

Who cares what they did back then. it pisses me off when you guys do this. people learn and grow from mistakes. stop bringing them up ass holes!!

Stick

What happened to the good old days when it was perfectly acceptable to drive around drunk? If the cops pulled you over and you were drunk they would take you home and let you go!

ME

How is someone with a felony record illegiable to be any kind of idoll????

big balls

the ugly, biker, bitch, nurse, whore, or what ever can't sing any ways

m

So she's been sporting that hideous hair since at least '06?! My God I hope they get rid of itwhen they do the inevitable Idol makeovers. Assuming she even makes it that far.

ME

She can't sing either!

ATLchick

She is a bad singer and her hair is HORRIBLE looking.