Pompeo Puts Fans in Check

3/2/2008 10:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Some stars get flummoxed when a pile of pushy fans bark too many orders for autographs -- but Ellen Pompeo laid down the law at a "Grey's" event at UCLA.

She would have been a great high school gym teacher.

Big Daddy

Very interesting, thanks

Christopher

Can someone explain Ellen to me? She's a dreadful actress who spends all her facetime rolling her eyes and shrugging.

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

I hope I am first here... I have a question...

Ellen was at the "event" where Tara attacked Dina Lohan. She actually was seated at the table...why hasn't TMZ covered this? could it be perhaps Stedman (Dina's date) has a friend with "media" control?

Booya

yo.. tmz... ur volume doesnt work.. i swear, tried several computers...

woo hoo

I think she handled that situation very well.

Amanda

Love her!!! People always mistake kindness for weakness. I'm so excited she put her foot down!

oops, you fell.

I SEEMS LIKE IT MIGHT HAVE WORKED!

Nick

Bitch is so overrated...

Get over yourself. You are definitely NOT all that.

Rat with long hair.

Kewl

That was great how she signed every single one, and was strong enough to make them enforce her rules without coming of as arrogant or bitchy. She handled that perfectly.

Christopher

You can smell the skank through the TV screen!

PRIVATE

UGH --I DON'T GET IT. WHEN CELEBRITIES ACT LIKE THIS - WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE? EVERYONE STILL WANTED HER AUTOGRAPH EVEN THOUGHT SHE SPOKE TO THEM AS IF SHE IS ABOVE THEM - PLEASE. I WOULD HAVE ASKED HER - SHE'S NOT THE BOSS - SHE'S NOT THE TEACHER - SHE'S NOT THE PARENT.

SHE'S WEIRD.

Lanie

What's with all these idiots wanting her autograph anyway. I remember when I was like 8, I got an autograph from Capt Lou Alobono (whatever his was) -- he was Cyndia Laupers manager or something..the dude with the rubber bands in his beard.

To this day, I do NOT know what my fascination with getting someone to sign something was about? I know some autographs are worth money but I doubt Ellens is.

Anyway - she did a good job controlling those pushy people. She said several times she would sign them all. Why were the hounded her like that? I like that she actually did sign autographs b/c alot of stars won't..... I understand that stars deserve getting bombarded and their business dvelved into when they become a celebrity but some of those fans were WAY over the line.

Tom Styles

ELLEN POMPEO - you are the BEST ! My Gosh... all you folks that criticize her - even if you don't like her acting... get a grip!
How many times on TMZ and elsewhere do you see stars and actors push people aside like trash... who are simply asking for an autograph?

Ellen was FAIR... cordial... posed w/ everone for pictures... made sure no "autograph dealers" exploited the situation for financial gain by getting mutliple autographs... AND, she was firm in not getting taken advantage of. She signed EVERYONE'S picture excpet the semi-nude ones... which is her right.

Polite AND nice. HOLLYWOOD ACTORS - TAKE A LOOK AT ELLEN POMPEO HERE... and see how a real celenrity APPRECIATES HER FANS.

Al

Her "acting" consists of looking constipated for the camera....

Faith

What a classy lady! Kudos to her!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments