Lisa Marie -- I'm Preggers, Not Fat!

3/7/2008 11:01 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Just the other day, TMZ spotted Scientolostar Lisa Marie Presley, 40, out looking awfully big. And now she's confirmed exactly why.

On her MySpace blog, Presley announced that she's pregnant (this will be her third child, first with her fourth husband, musician Michael Lockwood) but she saves her real verbal fireworks to totally unload on the tabloid media, whom she calls "irresponsible," "disgusting," and "black souls." And that's just for starters:

After being the target all week of slanderous and degrading stories, horribly manipulated pictures and articles in the media, I have had to show my cards and announce under the gun and under vicious personal attack that I am in fact pregnant.

Once they got a glimpse of my expanding physique a few days ago, they have been like a pack of coyotes circling their prey whilst eerily howling with delight. Starting with a London publication and then New York and Chicago all writing false defamatory degrading stories about all of the dark possible reasons I could be putting on weight. The US tabloids have been calling all day wanting confirmation on all kinds of insane theories.

They couldn't wait to find out if my weight gain was because I was just overeating, in which case It would be open season and they can do the old following in her fathers sad and unfortunate demise story again or less interesting for them and probably much to their dismay, I could just be pregnant and therefore have a legitimate reason for weight gain at which point they should probably wipe the saliva off of their fangs and put them back in their mouths or they may expose the black little souls that they are.

Now that things are confirmed, hopefully they can stop all of the harassment and I can stop dodging the continuous bullets. It is unfortunate that I couldn't have announced something that is this much of a blessing and that has made us so incredibly happy under better circumstances.

How they have handled themselves with this has been nothing short of irresponsible and disgusting.

Pardon my seething contemptuous tone but ladies, You KNOW if you were pregnant and you felt you were expanding uncontrollably by the moment as a result and the worldwide media started badgering and harassing you for it, plastering you everywhere in an unflattering light, you would be mortified as well.

Cynic

I think she looks quite a bit like Britney in that picture!

Rest in Peace

Gwen, get off your soapbox, being overweight is unhealthy (known fact that certain cancers are caused by being overweight, bone problems, etc., etc.), are you going to defend smoking as well when we know it causes cancer too? This is getting off the subject, but, I'm soooo tired of women justifiying their weight gain by insane reasons. Guess what, don't eat garbage food, exercise 10 minutes a day (everyone can do that!) and drink water. I should be paid for simple advice, I'd make a fortune! And yes, I am a married women, have 2 children, and easily maintain my weight after pregnancies by doing just like I said above. And by the way, if I lived the lifestyle that they live in LA, and had the means to do so, I sure would look GREAT 24/7! Boo hoo!

KELLS

Well I guess she deserves to be tivked off. But If they are so horrible, and they sure can be , WHY give a crap ?.....Just let it come out in your time frame YOU want, that you are pregnant. WHO cares? I guess Lisa does....Jennifer Love Hewitt did it right, she said something and let it go. a LETTER to the public is a little like giving them what they want I think...

Michelle

#7, Lorena--a.k.a. #5, Candace.

KELLS

And YES she IS into sceintology.............Poor Elvis, he was very Religous, being my fav from the age of 5..lol I have a feeling he would be turning not too happy.

erin

I personally do not care for Scientolgy, and feel that Lisa's religion has nothing to do with this!!! I Say RIGHT ON!!!!! to her, good for her for telling them off, the paperazzi, are a buch of soules reaches, scurge of the earth, benneth connempt!!! Good for her for telling it like it is, and happy blessing come her way during what should be a happy part of her life, that is the paperazzi can leave her alone.

Miami Spice

When Lisa Marie was on Howard Stern's show, hawking her album, she admitted that she was a heavy drinker and partier. Yet she had two young kids! 'Get A Personality' is spot on. Lisa is well-known for being a negative and bitter person. Just goes to show that money can't buy you happiness or class. If Lisa can't take the pressures of the media, then she could have chosen to stay out of the spotlight. Her mother USED to be beautiful, but looks like a plastic surgery nightmare, and is obviously seriously $cientology disturbed. (Although having your parents turn you over to Elvis at the age of 14 probably has a lot to do with it.) And to JoJO, I hear you sister!

JoJO

To OVERIT...

It is a MYTH that many people are over weight because they don't exercise, eat right, or drink enough water.
As a matter of fact...MANY DO THE RIGHT THINGS, yet still easily gain weight due to genetic makeup, hormones,
metabolism, and chemical properties infused in commercial foods today. Corn base is one factor, found in many
foods to stretch the food supply. Scientific studies have revealed studies from clinical trial groups of people...one for a year without corn based foods, and one with corn based foods. The group who consumed foods with a lot of corn base added, were found to be three times the weight then those who did not consume them, and developed diabetes. Corn base is added in almost all foods.

Yes, it is dangerous to be over weight, but one can develop cancer and other health problems by just breathing in our air supply today, as well as drinking from our water sources.

Not everyone who is overweight, PIGS OUT or eats unhealthy! Furthermore, many disabled people have
limitations to exercise.

No one would listen to your advice up there, unless you spoke factually first.

Finally, people who judge others because of the way they look, are often very insecure people themselves, with
mental disorders, and whom also take risks in their health by other means.

And for the record, if tobacco today were developed more purely, without all the dangerous chemicals now instilled
in it (cyanide, amonia, etc.), there would be healthy benefit, due to the axioxident properties found in tobacco...again, based on research.

Many smokers still live to be in their 80's, despite smoking all their lives...wonder why? and who wants to live to be 100 anyway?

I take more issue with all the drunk drivers killing innocent victims on the highways every day, yet the majority of people speak loudly enough about such matters, unless of course, one of their own gets killed.

Good Day

BCBG

The entire third paragraph is just one really long sentence.

JoJO

meant to say amonia NH3 and anti-oxidents...

give me a break

She is beautiful and has beautiful babies. CONGRATS to them

tami

Wow!

Lisa Marie REALLY doesn't like being called fat.

Rest in Peace

Whoa there JoJo! I never put disabled people in that category, you did...knew there would be some knuckle head who couldn't see why America has a huge problem with obesity. Congratulations, you just gave another person with a weight problem not to see it for what it is, unhealthy and potentially deadly. I should know, I lost a father who was overweight to esophogheal cancer @ 62 years old. He loved ice cream, candy and diet coke. Never knew he was sick, after looking back on his diet, we knew what killed him, regrets come daily. Try to see it for what it is....before you or someone you love dies from his/her weight problem.

Jennifer

Here's my take on it.... I can see her side of it, about being hounded by photogs, etc. However, if she wanted to announce her pregnancy in a sweet, nice way, (as a blessed, happy pregnancy), she easily could've done that if she HADN'T WAITED SO FRICKING LONG TO ANNOUNCE IT!!!!!! How can she not expect people to wonder with that much of a weight gain in a short amount of time??? She looks just about ready to deliver if you ask me. She easily could've done what she wanted by announcing it when she felt like it, but if she thinks waiting until her 9th month would work to announce it, she should think again. No wonder everyone was wondering about the weight gain.... can you blame us???? NO!!!!!!!!

JoJO

In my medical and science field of study OVER IT, the facts state the facts. I've seen more people then your
one father...rest his soul.

You also do not read with clear understanding...I never condoned junk food eating, but sweets alone factually, are not
the culprit! Do the research yourself. I also stated that being overweight is dangerous, but you have to consider logically the whole picture.

And no, you did not mention disabled people, but you insinuated all overweight people...a broad, general statement.

I have also body bagged many healthy style living people more then you can imagine! They did not drink alcohol, eat improper foods on a regular basis, smoke, or recline from exercise. As a matter of fact, some in my own family, practiced healthier lifestyles then even myself, and they died from cancer and other diseases. It is called life, in our chemically, and technically advanced society today.

Well, I'm not going to spend all day with you or any other on this topic today. I don't have time...gotta run now...this little break is over.