Horton Hears an Abortion Protest

3/8/2008 10:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

All hell broke loose at the Hollywood premiere of "Horton Hears a Who!" today when a group of pro-lifers infiltrated the screening, then chanted anti-abortion slogans after the flick.

The theme of the movie is based on the motto: "After all, a person is a person, no matter how small." So the pro-lifers thought it was a good idea to use this theme to their advantage -- even though their complicated message was falling mostly on the ears of children.

The stars in attendance included Victoria Beckham and her three kids, Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy, Steve Carell and all 12 contestants from "American Idol."

After the chanting ended, the group put red tape over their mouths that said "Life" on them, and paraded around the event.

Shouts of protest were returned by some in attendance, including, "This is a kid's premiere," "How dare you," and "Do you really care that much about this?"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Baseball Junkie

Anita, there are also apparently idiots who think that fetuses can feel pain before their brains are connected to their sensory nerves. And idiots who think that the writer of a book for children's entertainment had any more subliminal message than that children should be kind to each other. The abortion protesters at the premiere were not being kind to the children so clearly they do not understand Dr. Seuss's meanings.

vjean: There is a name for children who are taught abstinence is the only acceptable form of birth control. They are called teenage parents.
Abstinence only education destroys young women's lives because it fails to take into account teenage hormones. Even if you don't believe in evolution, that is still 6000 years of human development.
Teenagers who get pregnant and decide to keep the baby, frequently drop out of school and end up on public assistance. If they carry the baby to term and give it up, they frequently have to drop out of school anyway and spend the rest of their lives wondering what is happening to their child. Women who have abortions spend the rest of their lives wondering about the child they didn't have.
There is no easy solution but proper contraception education would work much better than what we currently have. Teaching teenagers about condoms and other methods of birth control is a much more effective solution to the problem of teenage pregnancy. I would much prefer that young women avoid the need for abortions by not getting pregnant in the first place but you have to take human nature into account.

Pro-Choice, not pro-abortion.

Go Sox

Ali

#379 "LIFE IS A CHOICE" YEAH LET THE BABY HAVE A CHANCE TO DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES IF THEY WANT TO HAVE A LIFE WHEN THEY ARE OLDER!!!!!! BET THEY WILL SAY YES!!!!!!!!!

Baseball Junkie

GIVE THEM A CHANCE:
I would assume from your comment that no one has forced you to make the correct decision in the situation you describe. A pity that. It is fools such as yourself that make me pro-choice. If even one fewer of you are born, the world is blessed.
But then, the words of a person who's constantly shouting have as much value as words written in water. Not that you will have the brains to understand that. You are a waste of oxygen.

Ali

Boston- why the need to be so harsh? You think #381 should not have been born?? It is sad that you cannot read a post and move on without trying to hurt or get to someone. I don't know what i am, but i know that 2 close people in my life have had abortions and try being around them on the day they were going to give birth or every year when that birthday rolls around and they know how old their child would have been. it is really sad! anyway maybe this world would be a better place if peope were less bitter and mean, "give them a chance" was speaking for the unborn babies in this world, sorry you thought it was a waste of oxygen. your oxygen was spent much better!

Dan

I think it's amusing that so many anti-abortion people think that contraception is bad and that people should just not have sex. Get real and grow up. They're so worried about an embrio that doesn't even have cognition of their surroundings when so many children around the world are mistreated, abused, and die because no one cares about them. The pro-lifers should concentrate on the ones that are alive, not hating on people who decide not to bring another one into the world. People get abortions because they are not ready for a child... There are enough screwed up kids on this planet. Should we have more from parents who don't even want them?

Ali

Dan I agree & like i said i am not sure what i am because i know that there are many different situations. But in my experience and research, i feel that women would have more of peace of mind if they knew that their baby was alive and healthy living with a good family that could take care of them well....meaning they gave the baby up for adoption, which does not cost a penny.

ByteMe

Life is just cheap these days. PP laughs all the way to the bank making billions of $$ off the uneducated masses. They also love to place their chop shops in minority neighborhoods to fulfill Sanger's vision of genocide. ProAbortion groups keep the money rolling on in and a steady stream of customers because they're told they can do whatever they want without consequences. Don't agree with the protesters, but anyone who thinks abortion is the EASY way out is clueless.

Bound 4 life Mom of 4

This is such a huge issue. You may think it can not be settled over night, and my God may not be your god. But there will come a day when "Every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." We are answering the call of the One who gave His life for all of us. He died for even those of you who don't acknowledge Him. He loves you, and He is watching over you. Call on the name of Jesus and you shall be saved. Call on Him, and He will replace all of your anger, rage, and hurt with His perfect peace that passes all understanding.
There have been several people making accusations againt pro-lifeers saying that we don't care about the child once it is born, and that is just not so. There are so many accounts of adoptions by the very people who were instrumental in counciling the mom not to have the abortion. Christians beleive very strongly in adoption!!
For those of you who have such harsh words to speak against us, I wish you would meet with one of us, in a one-on one conversation. I would love to pray with you. I will pray for you, and ask Jesus to send someone into your life that will share His love. We are not all judgmental, and closed minded. When you have an encounter with the Jesus, the loving savior, you can't help but want to share it with others. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you, He is quick to answer.
Jesus loves you. His heart is greived by all fighting and harshness. "Ask, and you shall receive. Seek, and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened unto you." Can't you hear Him knocking on the door of your heart? I plead with you to answer Him... Cry out to Jesus!! Time is short!! He loves you so much...

william

they try to make women feel guilty about getting an abortion...technically men are guilty of killing babies too, everytime they masturbate theirs a kid in that sperm......

Alicia

I got pregnant when I was 14 years old. I told my parents and they said that I had to get an abortion. Everywhere I turned, I heard abortion, abortion, abortion.. So, I went to Planned Parenthood and they told me it was simple procedure and it was no big deal. I was only 14 and I just went along with what I was being told. I had the abortion and it didn't really hit me until around the time I would be close to giving birth, had I kept the baby. I was awakened in the middle of the night, sweating, freaking out and hysterically crying. I ran to my parents bedroom, flung open the door and threw myself on the floor crying, "I killed my baby! I killed my baby!!" I came to the realization that I had killed my child. That may have been the only child I ever had and I killed it. It broke my heart that nobody was a voice for my baby. Nobody said, "It's a baby." At that time in my life,the only voice I heard was the voice of abortion. I want to be the voice that my baby never had. A voice for the voiceless. I know my baby wanted to live. My baby would be 18 now if I didn't murder him/her. I want to let people know that it is a baby. At the point of conception.

Truth

Abortion seems to be the hot button of the day, and by all rights it should be. The bottom line is ,every time a woman has an abortion it is killing an exsisting human being. Abortion is murder. It is as simple as that. Now you can put blinders on and come up with every excuse in the book, but it is what it is.If you watch the news every time a pregnant woman is murdered the killer gets charged with two murders, case in point Lacey Peterson ,why is that? That same woman can go into an abortion clinic the same month in her pregnacy and have an abortion and thats OK. I don't get it . Can some one explain that one to me. Abortion is murder you can sugar coat it anyway you want. Its as simple as that.

Ali

Alicia- thanks for your story. who knows it may help some girl out there. i am sure my parents would have done the same thing because they would think it would "protect" me. when really it would of given me something negative to think about the rest of my life. you know, i can't think of anyone that says "i really wish i would of had an abortion" I CAN think of many women that says "i regret it"

pro-lifer4life

ok,heres were i stand on the whole thing.i just saw hotin here's a who it's a great movie.i think abortion is wrong!i'm forteen years old and i would rather people have the baby and give it up for adotion than kill himher.the rovie v.s wade people the mother that wanted the abortion evently had the baby and he is now a paster who go's arownd the contry begin people to not have abortion's

if you don't agree well that's between u and GOD.

TJ

Nothing aggravates me more than when people dehumanize unborn babies. You can call an unborn baby a clump of cells, a parasite, a bloodclot, etc..., call her what you want, but it will not change the reality of what she is- a living, biologically growing member of the human race. It's not a potential life or a potential human being, it is a life and it is a human being!You cannot deny the humanity of an unborn human baby as two human parents cannot create anything other than a human being. Most importantly, by the time a woman even learns she is pregnant, her baby already has a beating heart, distinguishable human features and brain waves!
While I believe that unborn human babies are deserving of our protection, I find this type of protest to be silly and ineffective! Pro-life protesters should focus their energy elsewhere- keep others children out of this adult debate.

Terri

3 abortions??? OMG your chuch doesnot belive in birth control? It must be some church to believe in sex before marriage!!!or if your married then pull that little thing out before it pukes on you!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments