Horton Hears an Abortion Protest

3/8/2008 10:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

All hell broke loose at the Hollywood premiere of "Horton Hears a Who!" today when a group of pro-lifers infiltrated the screening, then chanted anti-abortion slogans after the flick.

The theme of the movie is based on the motto: "After all, a person is a person, no matter how small." So the pro-lifers thought it was a good idea to use this theme to their advantage -- even though their complicated message was falling mostly on the ears of children.

The stars in attendance included Victoria Beckham and her three kids, Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy, Steve Carell and all 12 contestants from "American Idol."

After the chanting ended, the group put red tape over their mouths that said "Life" on them, and paraded around the event.

Shouts of protest were returned by some in attendance, including, "This is a kid's premiere," "How dare you," and "Do you really care that much about this?"

bean

I did not write all of this, I just signed on. It is all written by the impostor Kelli, not the real one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twinker

Look, probably most of those crazy prolifers that did the protest would be the reason someone would get an abortion in the first place....I personally chose to have my child and give it all the love I could but realistically that is not an option for a lot of females....We need to look at ourselves and see why someone would not want to bring a precious soul into this crazy mixed up world of idiots.

princess

This makes me so angry. I had neighbors that had a huge STOP ABORTION stop sign in their front window and one day my 7 year old son got off at his bus stop and read it as he walked home and came home and asked me what an ABORTION was! I was LIVID! Why should I have to even discuss abortion with a 7 year old because of these zelots? They got an extremely nasty letter and the sign came down. I don't really care what other people want to do with their bodies. I am neither for or against abortion. (I think birth control is the best option but hey.......accidents and rapes happen) People have the right to believe, feel, or do whatever they want with their own bodies. They do not have the right to ruin other people's children with things a child should never have to hear about. They're pro life, but they sure aren't pro child to do something like that at a children's movie premier! Would they like me telling their small children what an abortion exactly is??? I don't think so.

del

I find it hilarious that the same people who are "pro life" vote against birth control being taught in the schools, vote against birth control being provided to sexually active teens, does not want to pay for welfare mothers to have birth control, they don't want people to be able to get the morning after treatment to prevent pregnancy, etc. They profess to care about children and show up at a kiddie premiere to traumatize small children who cannot vote and have no say in abortion legislation. Zealots are intolerant freaks, whether they are bombing buildings or killing doctors who perform abortions.

Ben

Geez, it's schizo night again here on TMZ.....'yawn'

meltz11

"Thank goodness"
To bad you didn't end up a brown stain on your mom and uncles mattress. Keep on fighting for a bunch of cells, my discarded fingernails have as many live cells in them as a fertilized ovum, you zelot.

Vega Byrne

Horton Hears a Who is a metaphor for Communism! "A person is a person, no matter how small." See. Communism, not pro-life.

Prince Von A-Hole

Pulled-um in hook line and sinker LOL

bean

50. ""I had 3 abortions, & they were all the right decision fo rme. The one child I gave birth to I gave up for adoption so I think I did the right thing. Abortion really serves a purpose when you're not ready to have children. My Church says birth control is wrong, so I don't do it.""
Pulled-um in hook line and sinker LOL

Posted at 10:12PM on Mar 8th 2008 by Festus Hagan

Thank you! How stupid of a thing to be serious.

susan

Rotten thing to do to little kids. The ironic part is, they are out with their parents who obviously wanted them their. What a bunch of morons.

Twinker

As a first grade teacher in a PRIVATE school, sex education needs to begin in the early years....I used to think only "public" school kids had a rough time but when Rich Mommy dresses like Lynn Spears (slutty) and Rich Daddy thinks he is "pimpin"...no kid needs to not know about the "birds and bees" after age 6.

del

PRINCESS: You should put a sign facing their house that says "Stop anal rape in jails!" and see how they like it. It's a reality, too, but not one you want trumpeted to your children (or neighbors).

susan

meant they wanted them "there" grrrrr typos

diannaj

I was at the premiere. A lunatic sat in front of me and my children. He kept screaming and clapping during the film anytime the Horton character said, "A person is a person, no matter how small." We couldn't hear the film during a few parts because he was so vocal. At the end of the film, he stood up screaming, passing around a roll of red duct tape to his friends with LIFE written on it and they placed it over their mouths. My children are adopted, so I support their cause, but not when it's done like this. The only good thing was that the duct tape finally shut him up.

Ali

The REAL KELLI- i have tried even for myself, i have been harrassed to the point it is kinda scary.....i know it sounds funny, but true.....it is like someone is ALWAYS watching for me to say something. forget Brit....i have a stalker! lol