Heather's Shrink Called 911

3/10/2008 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Heather Locklear's psychiatrist is the one who called 911, after speaking with her on the phone.

We're told the shrink spoke with Heather on Saturday night and was alarmed because she was "upset" and he believed she might OD on medication prescribed for depression. The call was listed with dispatch as a "suicide attempt."

We're told when paramedics arrived, Heather was OK and it was a false alarm.

Tragic Blondes -- click to launch

Danielle

This whole story and all the differnt times TMZ posted it today is really inappropriate. Show us when they do weird stuff, or if they really are taken to the hospital, but not this BS even celebrities should be afforded some privacy.

pie

Heather Locklear loves doing comedies. – If Heather commits suside, her agent will have leave a Paul Bern note: "last night was only a comedy."

mcquain

heather is going through the change of life, shrinks, and the like are all in the business to make money so they don't mind if they don't treat the problem but rather put you on the typical dosing that they would a man or a child or someone who is extremely disturbed, same amount same dose, different people...heather like all of these women have hormone imbalances---brittney only flipped out after she had two kids back to back, plain and simple, these people aren't crazy, it is natural, the press and your readers are either all men, or silly young girls, because every woman goes through this, even your mother...it's a part of life, not a part of being a celebrity.

FlBiker

I have a cure for her depression!

SAxlerod

A sinister reality and number 1 killer is age! It sux to be her and to be growing in age. Once you realize that you will get depressed!

cochino

didnt we establish that she was ok like YESTERDAY???????

GIVE IT A REST

Tangie

Denise is so much younger and prettier than me! I got a bunch of work done to make me look younger! Oh boo hoo! I will kill myself! I don't care that I have a daughter! Oh boo hoo!

RITE ING KLAS

NEWS FLASH!!! If a PSYCHIATRIST is making that judgment call let alone the phone call... something was definitely wrong.

LA

Do it Heather,,OD.

FlBiker

Therapists are feckin' nuts, they are only good for getting prescriptions from.

jh

Heather Locklear needs to get an attorney of record on retainer, now, before she is deemed too mentally ill to be able to hire one.I want to point out that it was a psychiatrist that started the Britney Spears conservatorship. For those who don't believe that a psychiatrist would do something like that, I want to point out that psychiatrists are hired as "expert" witnesses all the time.

Disgusted!

To all of the disgusting, ugly people who posted hateful comments about this story - SHAME ON YOU!! What has this world become??? Heather is a HUMAN BEING, whether she is a celebrity or not, she is like all of us....human! How would you feel if something like this happened to one of your loved ones? Would you want hateful a**holes saying descipable things in your time of crisis?? This is such an ugly world today, and TMZ's website proves that best! SICKENING!!!

pammie

Locklear's rep also denied TMZ's report that the actress' psychiatrist called 911 on her behalf.

"As previously stated by the Ventura County Fire Department, they responded to a call that had no merit and left almost immediately. No psychiatrist called 911 on Ms. Locklear’s behalf," the rep said.

ATLchick

I was surprised to find this out but apparently Ms. Locklear is all kinds of crazy!

George William Gockel

I will always love Heather Locklear. And I am praying for Heather Locklear to live a very very long time.