Heather's Shrink Called 911

3/10/2008 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Heather Locklear's psychiatrist is the one who called 911, after speaking with her on the phone.

We're told the shrink spoke with Heather on Saturday night and was alarmed because she was "upset" and he believed she might OD on medication prescribed for depression. The call was listed with dispatch as a "suicide attempt."

We're told when paramedics arrived, Heather was OK and it was a false alarm.

Tragic Blondes -- click to launch

dshan

Wow TMZ... per your usual, you totally f#$d up and (gasp) fabricated
another BS article. This "story" has been proven to be completely false
by a number of "real" news site. At least have the decency to remove
this crap when you know its BS. Then again what credibility do you
really have to save anyway

Emily

Yeah, okay...I had a bad day and I'm bummed. Call the police.

Belle

Reply to Josh, comment # 13: I find what you wrote inexcusable, offensive, and downright stupid, you ignorant a-hole! Have you no compassion for people??? Is your life so perfect that you have to look down on people that do have problems, or are you living in a fantasy world? My mother died of an accidental over dose when I was 10 years old, and yes, it WAS accidental! Have you no decency? Apparently not! I have never heard anyone so crude, vulgar, disrepctful, and absolutely horrible. I pity your family, co-workers, and (if you have any) friends! And even though I am a Christian, and not a violent person, I could just SLAP you for what you said if I had the chance.

Jim

It seems like TMZ is the new National Enquire. And AOL should get rid of it. Are TMZ and AOL in bed together?

Emily

In all honesty, though, I hope she gets through whatever issues she's having.
To the people that wonder how someone who is beautiful and rich can be depressed: Maybe she wanted to do more with her life than be an actress and never got that chance. Maybe she's still upset over her divorce. Maybe she had a rough childhood. Maybe she feels people don't take her seriously but instead see her as a dimwitted blonde bimbo. Her problems could stem from any number of things. Money does not buy happiness, and beauty does not guarantee you a charmed life.

godaddy joe

i feel sorry for her. she has all the money and all the sex but no GOD to help her overcome the devils in hollywood who gave her what she wanted when all she needed was to know the peace that JESUS could give her.most democrats have her problem too .they don't know whats good for them and they put their trust in man like hussein obama instead of realizing who they are and why they are .they want to believe in JESUS but satans temptations are to easy to fall into .it boils down to our human instints make us need another person to hold instead of a spirit we can't see.thats why JESUS was made man to see what we really need and he realized that evil was stronger than the spirit so he made a new law to help us get to heaven when we finally get to heather locklears level.JESUS is always there to help. all you need to do is ask.

Libby

Moose is right on with his (her) comments! I truly agree! Amen.

Pak31

What is wrong with you people who are posting hatred???? I think you don't even care who the celebrity is, you just want to type mean things on your keyboards. Well, keep on typing because every cruel, ignorant, stupid word you write about someone you don't even personally know, just keeps making you look dumb and dumber!!!!!!!!! You are all yelling at Heather for being a loser or a nobody and none of us know if this story is even the tiniest bit true.

Rick

Maybe she can move back to Melrose Place and find some meaning in her life again!

Me

You can not OD on anti-depression medications!

DAN

WHO CARES - JUST ANOTHER ONE WHO CONSTANTLY NEEDS THEIR DAMN NAME IN THE MEDIA

TOO BAD SHE DIDNT OD AND THE SAME GOES FOR BRITNEY, PARIS AND ALL THE OTHER A-HOLES OUT THERE THAT THINK THE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND THEM BECAUSE IT DOESN'T

Susan

Then why did the news programs say last night that the call didn;t come from her house? Someone's lying, and regardless of whom itis, I hate being lied to.

Jeanniebell

Suicice is never something to laugh, or joke about, whether famous or otherwise, The doctor made the right call and thankfully it was a false alarm. Please get help. Been there done that unfortunately for real.

Robert

HAHA, she was upset..what would she do if she had a real problem, like for instance, it cost me an xtra 100 bucks a month now for gas..rent is due every 2 weeks for me,,its due the 15th, it is $350. I have $300. NOW THAT"S A REAL PROBLEM..

Another dumb star,,oh my life is so hard,,oh please help me,,,and, I AM UGLY TO BOOT!! at least she has money and looks...

Live in my life for one day Heather.... I dare you,,,

tiggy

If her psychiatrist gave a damn about her health, he would have handled this situation much differently. Confidentiality is a tenent of their profesion, they are trained to deal with delicate crisis situations, and the best this shrink could think to do was call 911? For a patient who never threatened suicide and showed no signs of distress to police who responded immediately after the call? Sounds like a lazy bastard who doesn't know how to counsel or diagnose or respect his patient's privacy. He's probably one of those who spends most of his time doling out the meds because he's too lazy to do his job so when he gets a call from a patient who's having a weird reaction to the meds his paranoid self starts thinking about potential lawsuits than about the patient.