Carnie Wilson's Big Comeback

3/11/2008 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

She had her gastric bypass surgery broadcast on the Internet in 1999 and appeared on "Celebrity Fit Club" in 2006, but former Wilson Phillips singer Carnie Wilson's battle of the bulge wages on -- as she worked out with a trainer in L.A. on Monday.

Hold on for one more day, girl!

tmzer

Wow!! Put the shovel back in the barn!!

brewstie

When I first looked at the picture, I thought it was Chastity Bono. No, I guess that isn't a compliment to poor Carney. I have a oousin who had gastrc bypass and she lost ton of weight What it doesn't do, however, is change your self-worth. Too many people get the surgery and not the mental therapy afterwards. I'm thinking ths could be Carney' prob. It takes a special skill to get fat after having your stomach reduced to the size of a walnut, but clearly it's possible.

Ha Ha

She needs to go on The Biggest Loser and get Jillian to set her straight.

KK

I love Carnie!
She is a DOLL!
I hate that people have to comment on her weight...
Yes, I want her to be healthy but come on ...
she lost the weight , had a baby and has to face
food everyday of her life.
It is not like other additions...you just stay away from
what hurts you...but food is there everyday!
Cut her some slack and let her exercise in peace!

DeeDee

Geez Louise, she's as big as she was before the surgery isn't she?

mfab

The problem she needs to work on are the mental problems that keep her on the fatty Mc fat's roller coaster!

wait what

It's funny to see how cruel and vicious everyone (including the TMZ writers) are when it comes to Britney, calling her a fat pig when she has a tiny pudge on her stomach; and then look how everyone including TMZ is kissing Carnie's whale behind.

She is a giant disgusting obese pig, period.

Paula

She also became an alcoholic after that surgery. It's not the answer for everybody. You can't reverse it, Sharon Osborne had a lapband, which is not permanent, this is.

rminva

As for people saying she looked nothing like that on a TV show you just saw...those shows were filmed several months ago!! It is deifnitely possible for people to pack on a lot of weight in a short period of time. I watched someone blow up @ least 50 pounds one summer.

Gastric bypass is not a "be all/end all" solution for weight loss: the dirty little secret is that many people figure out how to eat what they want despite the surgery, and wind up gaining the weight back. If they don't develop healthy habits like eating right and exercising regularly, the weight will come right back. She needs to deal with her issues, whatever they are.

Addiction transference is very common with gastric bypass as well: some people develop problems with alcohol and drugs...I know 3 people that have had the surgery and 2 of them developed problems with alcohol, and the 3rd is beginning to gain back weight.

rminva

By the way, you can't have bypass reversed. You can have a lap band removed though..which I believe is what Sharon Osborne had.

Me!

Nice example you are setting for your daughter.
NOT!

Whu?

She had gastric bypass, and she's STILL that fat?

I don't know how that's even possible. I would have to eat incredible amounts of food to get like that.

Georgia Girl

Carnie is beautiful in every way. I have no doubt that she'll get to a healthier weight. She is an incredible spirit and fighter.

I love her.

Shawn

Th-th-th-that's NOT all folks!!

toomanydoggies

Look at Carnie people! Gastric bypass surger does not make you thin. You must exercise willpower. Carnie needs to see a counserlor/therapist/nutritionist and a psychiatrist.