"Idol" Wannabeen Says Ciao to Poverty

3/12/2008 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Josiah Leming was living out of a car when he was on "American Idol" -- but yesterday he was seen on his way to a business meeting at Mr. Chow in Bev Hills!

The kid even plans on getting into the recording studio in the next few months. That's more than many former Top 12ers (Scott Savol, who?) can even claim. No word where or in what he's living.

Karen

Ok, this kid needs all the fans he can possibly get...do you think he would pass up that opportunity? I'm sure his intentions are sincere, you don't know what goes between him and his mom, you can only assume...C'mon he replies to all his friends on his myspace he gives us updates on what he is doing and keeps his promises (responding to fans petitions). He's smart and knows his fanbase is what can make him succeed. Right now he is under such scrutiny by the public as he becomes more and more popular, there will be people out there who will try to shoot him down, for whatever reason...sometimes it's just human nature to assume the worst, but making an effort to trust people many times has it's rewards, believe me I've lived long enough to have learned a few things.

jviz.blogspot.com/2008/03/josiah-leming.html

I think everyone is underestimating Josiah's talent. The only reason he got kicked off is because of the "stand by me" fiasco where he was not able to find a song he was comfortable with, and was not able to work with the band. Bob Dylan or Randy Newman probably would not have cracked the top 24 either. I think Josiah is a future superstar, if you saw his performance on Ellen he got a standing ovation. There is a great article on him here jviz.blogspot.com/2008/03/josiah-leming.html

gullibleminions

cool....see an oppurtunity~ Grab it...life is so short!

Liz

Good for him.....................I thought he had an amazing voice. He was on the Ellen Degenres (sic) show a few weeks ago and he is no longer living in his car. Ellen told him she would do anything she could to help him and, I think she has!

ilovealroker

yay! so happy for him! he is way better than 3/4 of the top 24, i was hoping good things would come to him and im sure i will be buying his cd--loved his voice!

TarnishedAngel

If any of the contestants deserve it, he does! Contragulations! Keep it real and remember where you came from!

Way to go! WhooHoo!!!!!

ilovealroker

wish i would have seen him on there, so glad others saw his talent, couldn't believe they cut him!

poobear

i think the best way to get a contract, be dissed by Idol! I hope he makes it, he had talent!

crys

While Josiah messed up in Hollywood Week, I think that the judges and producers messed up by not choosing him. He would've been far better than Luke Menard or Colton Berry. It's their loss!

pimp

I think this guy has mayor issues....If he makes it big, I expect him to provide plenty of material for TMZ. I'm 50-50 on him ODing in the next three years.

ilovealroker

what?!

Mikey

CASTING COUCH? YOU GO WITH YOUR CUTE LITTLE BUTT.

Stella

I'm sorry, but he was NOT living in poverty. He had a home, good parents, a bedroom, meals every day. HE decided to leave and live in his car. I can understand that he was mature enough to make that decision, but don't insult poor people who are living on the streets because they don't have a choice.

GoodRiddance

jimmy cracked corn and I don't care................

As #11 said, this was just a lousy kid who had no appreciation for what his folks gave him.

brewstie

Personally, I think this kid thought he was a lot more talented than he was. I'm still pissed they didn't pass through the nerdy prep school politician kid with the glasses. He would have made the show interesting.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments