Heather Doctor -- Why He Feared Suicide

3/13/2008 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources say Heather Locklear was so upset Saturday, her doctor feared she might do herself in.
Locklear 911 audio -- click to listen
TMZ first reported that the doctor called 911 Saturday night, saying "I have a patient and I have a feeling she's suicidal." Sources say the doctor was afraid Heather might OD on depression medication. When paramedics arrived Heather was ok so they left within 10 minutes.

Heather's reps told us it was all a bunch of nothing, but clearly they did not bank on the 911 tape getting released. Yesterday, the Ventura County Fire Department released the tape with the "suicide" comment. We're told Heather's people were furious and contacted County lawyers, claiming the info was protected and threatening legal action.

The real question -- what had Heather so upset to alarm her doc? We did some digging and found nothing was going on between her and ex-hubby Richie Sambora. There have been rumblings there might be some tension between Heather and boyfriend Jack Wagner, but we can't confirm it.

just asking

why is this filed under Britney Spears?

jms

Enough already! You keep wrtiting the same thing day after day. Your making all of us suicidal about now ! She should sue 911 . Nobody is allowed to have a real crappy day anymore in private.

annanicolestern

Poor Heather.. she needs the publicity. BTW, the psych doc should've gone to check on her if he thought she was at risk.
Now Heather can do the talk show circuit to exlain what a 'misunderstanding" it all was...

PS. Love you AMY SEDARIS

George William Gockel

I am paying attention to Heather Locklear.

JoJO

SHEESH! Why do so many people keep saying the doctor should be sued? He is not the one who
released the 911 tapes to the media!!!!! He made the 911 call it sounds like, and that is all! He has
a legal and medical responsibility to call 911 if he found reason to.

Dalilah

Jack Wagner is a git..

HP

After the way the men in her past have treated her, I'm not surprised she's depressed. Now she's got one who won't ignore her problems because he's too drunk himself. If that causes tension, then so be it. She needs that kind of wake up call. Get well, Heather.

MY OPINION

YES THE DR HAS A RESPONSIBILITY TO CALL TO "PROTECT " HEATHER. IF SHE WERE TO KILL HERSELF OR DO SOMETHING IRRATIONAL THEN THE BLAME WOULD BE ON HIM FOR NOT REPORTING IT!! I FEEL SORRY FOR HER. HER TOUGH TIME IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. A BROKEN MARRIAGE IS BAD ENOUGH AND WHAT HAPPENED IN HER CASE I WOULD KICK DENISE RICHARDS ASS!!!!!!! AS FOR HER NEW BOYFRIEND. I AM SURE SHE IS TRYING TO LOVE AND CARE FOR HIM BUT JUST TOOOOO MANY FEELINGS SHE CANT SORT THROUGH!! WHO KNOWS BUT JUST SUPPORT HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

betty

911 tapes are not private medical information. I don't believe 911 tapes could possibly be covered by HIPPA laws.

HP

Some of the information the doctor provided to the 911 operator is covered by HIPPA laws. The doctor's name and phone number were redacted and they could have done the same with the personal information. This is why law enforcement asked for the tape back after it was released. The recording posted by various media outlets is the edited version. The first phone call the doctor made has not been made public.

Heather has sufffered from an alcohol problem for awhile now. Not surprising given she was married twice to alcoholics and substance abusers. They often enable each other in that lifestyle. Her current boyfriend has been sober for some years and is an AA sponsor. She loves him very much and he is trying to help her, but he can't solve her problems for her. Many doctors prescribe anti-depressants rather than try to deal with the underlying problems first. Drying out, trying to balance her hormone levels, and some good old fashioned talk therapy would probably do her a world of good.

George William Gockel

I am a true fan of Heather Locklear. I also am a huge fan of Heather Locklear. I watched Heather Locklear on T.J.Hooker,Dyansty,Going Places,Melrose Place,Spin City,LAX,Firestarter,Retrun of the Swamp Thing,Money Talks,Uptown Girls,Lonney Tunes Back In Action,The Perfect Man and all of Heather Locklear's TV movies,commercials,special events. I read about Heather Locklear in magazines,newspapers on the internet I also watch Heather Locklear on the news and also on the internet. I will pray for Heather Locklear to live for a very very long time. I have to make love to Heather Locklear in her mouth on purpose!!!!I have to get Heather Locklear pregnant on purpose!!!! I have make love to Heather Locklear in her up her nice and sexy bare ass on purpose!!!! I have piss on Heather Locklear's nice sexy bare boobs on purpose!!!! I have to kiss whack and squeeze Heather Locklear's nice and sexy bare butt on purpose!!!! I have to squeeze and suck Heather Locklear's nice and sexy bare boobs on purpose. I really really am madly deeply continuously passionately romanticly in love with Heather Locklear. I really really love enjoy crave honor cherish respect and obey all of Heather Locklear from head to toe. I really really do care about Heather Locklear. I really really am concerned about Heather Locklear. To see Heather Locklear totally nude is my all-time #1 favorite way to see Heather Locklear. And I am 41.

George William Gockel

I will watch Heather Locklear's new TV movie on Lifetime in a few weeks and the only resaon is Heather Locklear.

George William Gockel

I am praying for Heather Locklear!!!!

Heather in Texas

I do not think that Heather would ever do that to her daughter, especially after what she's been through recently when her dad was arrested for DUI.

Donna

I think it was because TMZ was stalking her and asking her nasty awful questions constantly.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments