Someone's Pimping Britney's Ride

3/19/2008 8:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained documents in the Britney Spears conservatorship case, and what's clear is that Brit has too many wheels spinning.

The commissioner signed an order giving the co-conservators the power to sell some of Brit's cars. And get this, the Britster owns seven -- count them -- seven cars.

According to the documents, the cost of maintaining the vehicles is steep, what with insurance, maintenance and storage costs. The conservators say selling some of the rides "will save substantial expenses to the conservatorship estate."

The company that will sell the cars is going to make a sweet 5% commission.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

devils_advocate

Posted at 9:32PM on Mar 21st 2008 by Dee

All I remember about the gossip is Fedex's constant threats of going for full custody, and this only happening in August after divorce was finalised. That's why there was all the 'K-Team is going for Brit - it's not about the kids' theories. As someone said, he lived with her and they both knew what each other were like. So, he can't just one day have woken up and thought, 'hey maybe she is a bad mom'...... [I know that someone is going to try and correct me and refer to all the crazy things she did between divorce filing and custody filing. I asked for it I guess.]: http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/13/what-k-fed-really-wants-from-britney/

Anyway. It's about a week later that our pal Sammy was served. And I can't even remember what happened in between - tests, court monitors and all - but I think custody got reduced to visitation in Oct... And one of the point was her avoiding the psych evals..... [http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/03/why-britney-lost-custody/]
[Or read the court papers: http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/01/britney-spears-has-lost-her-kids/]

As I said a few days ago, it's ironic that the one thing she just couldn't get herself to do - psych - is the one thing she is going to have to do for both the boys AND to get her life back.

devils_advocate

Not really related to this post:
Pap claims three X17 photographers beat him 'almost to death'; agency owners say photographers are not under contract.

Stop Blaming the Paps For Everything Brit Does

Hey, Dee. I didn't mean that checking the box is the cause of her losing custody. I get your point -- and it is very common for divorcing parents to each go for full custody, the rationale being that it will force the other party to the bargaining table. What Brit and K-Fed did, they probably did at the behest of their respective counsel. By the time the decree was entered, K-Fed had a better settlement and custody was 50/50 -- right back to the presumptive custodial arrangement under the statute. Happens all the time in all 50 states, and keeps the DR bar in the green.

I, too, hope that she finds something worthwhile, whether bit parts on TV, trying to promote her latest CD, open a dance studio. Fiscal management is going to be key, and Brit is going to have to spending like there is no tomorrow. She's barely 26 and needs to stretch it more than a few years.

I think a good bit of the restructuring is being driven by the trust, as I commented last night. Even so, because the trust is part of her estate, the conservators still need to go to court. The automobiles are, as you note, chump change compared to other assets. I think they will net considerably more than expense for drafting the ex parte requests and making appearances. Maybe this was just a way of testing the waters -- petitioning for the right to sell a few less valuable items. Another thought occurred to me, as well. We know the Audi and Mini were towed to dealerships a day or so after Lynne's affidavit averring that Lutfi had disabled Brit's cars. Other vehicles may also have been disabled by him. Is it possible that he did considerably more than simply remove the batteries (like yank out the wiring) and the cars needed considerable repairs, so that Brit and/or the conservators just didn't think these cars are up to standard? Outrageous conjecture, but damage to the autos is one of those objective pieces of evidence that is difficult to rebut, and it's my opinion that Lutfi knows the evidence is there to justify a restraining order and he doesn't really want to go to court over it.

Wow, I'm impressed by the level of dialogue going between many of the contributors over the last two days. Hope we hear from some of the others.

Stop Blaming the Paps For Everything Brit Does

Oh, and Dee, off the subject a bit, but following up on your comment about bankruptcy fees. I had a case where the trustee spent more $$$ to get an appraisal of the assets than the property was worth -- and then most of the assets had to be abandoned back to the debtors because they fell under the exemption. Needless to say, trustee and counsel got hosed on their fees!!!

Dee

OMG did you see the articles online about them auctioning off Britney's costumes from HIMYM for charity? Hee hee, I actually had no idea about selling her clothes when I made that comment before, that they were planning to do that. Actually, because they are making the auction for charity, they will get higher bids, which increases Britney's image, and get her a whopping big tax deduction to shelter what income is still coming in from her royalties. That's a pretty good move - ok - they're doing their job. After all, her losses from her living expenses were not tax deductible against her royalty income, but this will be. Did you see the clip of Britney on TV with Neil Patrick Harris? She's cute. I keep thinking she's got a chance for a new career. She'd be so cute as star of a sitcom. Remember when Will Smith was on "Fresh Prince"? His acting has gotten incredibly better since the, with training and dedication to working at it. Not to bring his name into this, because I totally adore Will Smith - but he's a shining example of taking success up notch after notch. There are music stars with their own sitcoms. Hey, I'd watch her on a regular show. If she got back to working, and let them do the psyche evaluations (and take what they say as what to do to get her kids & not as an insult) - she'd get back her kids and her life, I just know it.

fox