Beach Boys -- Wouldn't It Be Nice to Settle Lawsuit

3/20/2008 2:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Beach Boy Mike Love and former bandmate Al Jardine have finally settled a lawsuit over a feud over the band's name.

The case, we've learned, mainly centered around Love's request for roughly $2.2 million in attorney's fees spent in previous litigation against Jardine.

Love sued Jardine in April 2003 after he toured with groups under the names "Beach Boys Family & Friends," "Al Jardine, Beach Boy" and "Al Jardine of the Beach Boys." A federal judge ruled that Jardine could not use any reference to "Beach Boys" as it violated copyright laws. According to the suit, Love is the only person who may perform under the name "Beach Boys."

An attorney for the Carl Wilson Trust says the terms of the settlement are confidential, but that both Love and Jardine were pleased with the outcome.

restaurant management

FINALLY JARDINE HAS MET HIS MATCH. HE IS AN ASS IN CARMEL AND NOW SHOWS THE WORLD THE ASS HE IS. NO ONE LIKES YOU HERE IN CARMEL. MOVE AWAY!!!!!!!! YOUR YEARS IN THE SPOT LIGHT ARE DONE!!!!!

karen dapello

kind of sad that the guys who are NOT members of the original Wilson brothers, Brian, Dennis and Carl, are the ones with rights to the name; they're BOTH just lucky that Brian is not of the mind to fight them; to me, HE'S more of a Beach Boy than Mike OR Al!

I am me

Second!!!!!

montana mike

no matter what they are doing now, there's never been anyone who could harmonize like the beachboys. i grew up listening to their music, and have made love to SURFER GIRL quite a few times--long live the beachboys

Standards are badly needed.

I agree with Montana Mike. The Beach Boys invoked a pretty special mood with their tunes. To squabble now over something they all built together makes it seem like they have learned nothing about how to treat one another over all these years.

restaurant management

BY THE WAY, YOUR ASS, STOP RUNNING INTO PEOPLE AT THE GROCERY STORE, SUCH A HURRY TO GET SOME WHERE, AND NOT SAY TO THAT PERSON " EXCUSE ME" SO YOU ARE A BEACH BOY BACK WHEN, NOT SO BIG NOW OR THE KIDS! PEACE AND LOVE HAS DISAPPEARED FROM YOUR MANNERS. RAISED BRATS IN THE AREA, AND NO, I MEAN NO ONE IS PLEASED TO SEE THEY WERE BANGING INTO YOU. WE ARE NOT SURPRISED ITS YOU AND OH- I JUST SAW AN AGED BEACH BOY BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH ONE HE IS. WE SEE A RUDE DUDE IN THE CARMEL AREA. GO BACK TO THE FARM AND STAY THERE. YOU HAVE A WIFE THAT CAN DO THE CHORES AND GROCERIES WITH SOME MANNERS. PEOPLE IN THIS AREA, WATCH YOUR SKILLS ON DRIVING AROUND THE AREA. JARDINE IS A LOUSY DRIVE AND HAD MANY ACCIDENTS CAUSED BY HIM.

Standards are badly needed.

So carmelite has obviously had an unfortunate anonymous run-in with
Jardine. What you do and how you behave in your normal life comes
back to bite you in the a*s, so watch how you treat people. Everyone
deserves consideration unless they're committing a criminal offense
against you.

Orphie

Everyone knows that Mike Love was the driving force behind the success of the Beach Boys. He wrote all the songs and played all the instruments and is known as the most gracious and humble . .oh, wait a minute. . that was somebody else. . .

He's Boring now

Jardine made a vulgar pass at a gf of mine a long time ago at a club here in chicago owned by the drummer for the band Chicago. He was there, thinking he had the run of the place for any female he chose. I have never encountered a more pompous, vulgar, cowardly man, I mean individual in my life. For the Grace of God he didnt get beat up that night. I am sure he has pulled that same stunt countless time over countless years in countless cities and Countries with countless women.

I pray he has an STD as his punishment from it. He is a terrible human being. His voice is now gone too and all the back up singers do the singing when he does his annual Carnival Tour these days. Garbage.

rosie

I grew up listening to the Beach Boys and as far as my thinking goes, there was only one...Brian Wilson. Without him, there would not have been a group. His writing, his arrangments of vocals and instruments have never been equalled. I never have had the pleasure of meeting Jardine but did meet Love on one occasion for a job interview. he was looking for a nanny for his kids. Never in my life have I met such a low life. Horrible and insulting. It well may be true that Jardine is an ass also...would not surprise me. David Marks worked in a friends recording studio and had nothing decent to say about any of the group other than carl and Brian. At my age I don't give a rat's ass over any of them but by god, their music is timeless.

Nor Cal Reader

Gee I hope this doesn't affect their tour schedule of county fairs, small casinos, retirement villages and oldies revues. I like the Beach Boys when I was growing up. Seems like I grew up and they didn't. Oh well.

Chris Brown

" I grew up listening to the Beach Boys and as far as my thinking goes, there was only one...Brian Wilson. "

I half-way agree with you. Yes, Brian Wison had the amazing talent, but Carl was the cornerstone. After he passed away, the group just fell apart.

I will always love the Beach Boys.

Bennie Negy II

I've seen these guys 22 times, the Beach Boys , & I've pray to the Good Lord everynight that they see HIS LIGHT & get back together &move on as AMERICA's BAND. Maybe this will get them to have a reunion & stay together untill they all retire! GOD bless the BEACH BOYS!

Ice Water

God Bless Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys. Ironically, I heard "Good Vibrations" on the radio today and turned it up full blast. BRIAN was the man, not Carl, Mike Love or Al Jardine. Brian Wilson IS, WAS and ALWAYS will be the heart and soul of the band. He is the genius behind the fabulous music.

Many big time rock/pop acts from David Crosby, Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks, Elton John, Todd Rundgren and even David Lee Loth site the works of Brian Wilson as major influences.

4HottieJason

OH PLEASE, THESE PEOPLE ARE FOSSILS, NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT CRAP.. IT'S ALL ABOUT BRITNEY NOW.............

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments