No Homicide in Death of Anna Nicole's Son

3/20/2008 2:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Big news in the Daniel Smith inquest -- the magistrate in the case will not be giving the jury the option to rule his death a homicide.

In a Bahamian court today, the parties discussed four possible options as the cause of death -- accident, "misadventure," non-dependent drug use and an "open verdict."

We're told the magistrate will instruct the jury on those options on March 31.

No one, including Virgie Arthur's lawyer, suggested that homicide was an option.

As for the options, "misadventure" is defined as "a hazardous course of action which ended fatally." An open verdict means the jury can't decide the specific cause of death.

Previous 15 Comments | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124

tiny

Is there going to be any investigation from the Bahamas with regard to the illegal use, possession and transportation of Methadone? Is there going to be any investigation into how, where, when and who gave Daniel the illegal transported Methadone which ultimately caused his death? Obviously not in the incompetent, corrupt Bahamas, with any luck the United States will get answers to these questions, along with answers to the questions with regard to ANS death.

It's been stated in the beginning and it still rings true, follow the money trail. This inquest was delayed for over a year, the Bahamas may be corrupt but they aren't stupid. IMO it's time to look into all money transactions that were done throughout this year and they shouldn't be limited to Howard either. Perhaps it took this long for the "Bills to be paid".

Liz

TIA

I am speculating here. Howie sees the Bahamas as his safe haven from extradition to the USA. Think Ray and Dr. E and Bonnie will move down there, too?

Posted at 4:59PM on Mar 31st 2008 by passing thru

Hi Pass... I have no doubt HKS spent many a night researching the laws of the Bahamas as they pertain to crimes, paternity and real estate issues....
I don't think Ray & Dr. E. will move there. What country is Dr. E. originally from? Anyone know? I'd be willing to bet she'd flee there first.

TIA

1852. Strange how Daniel died the minute he left American soil & strange how Anna died on an indian reservation. Howard K. Stern knew how to cross his "eyes" & chart his "trails". I bet he is gloating thinking how he pulled off another "good one".

Posted at 7:26PM on Mar 31st 2008 by Marcy

Agree.

MITCHY MITCH

I cannot see how they can say it was an accidental overdose !!

So they assume he accidentally took a bunch of pills?

He either took them on purpose (suicide) or he unwillingly consumed
it (homicide).

The two things the judge told the jury to disregard.

Also, why would he ask HKS "why am i so tired" if he knowingly took
that many drugs?

Total BS if you ask me !!!

passing thru

Hi, Kitty. I am so disgusted with this recent event. In your face audacity of Stern and his ilk makes me sick. The impact of this upon on culture and our laws... Total disgrace to law abiding society. Calling ti an early night so will see you tomorrow! Keep the home fires burning! TC.

passing thru

Posted at 9:37PM on Mar 31st 2008 by Who Knows ?

Two pills instead of one would be an accident. Three pills instead of two could be an accident.

"WHY AM I SO TIRED?" is NOT an accident.

Travesty of justice.

"It is what it is"

gto- don't be a stranger, you input is valued and you have been missed.

Topix is Toxic

Her little blog is going to bring Rosie down, that's a fact. I KNOW HOW SSI WORKS, it's not speculations and opinions!

Posted at 9:43AM on Mar 31st 2008 by BIG PROBLEMS FOR ROSE

I am sure that checks were in Ken's name??
Posted at 10:01AM on Mar 31st 2008 by Big Mess!
1802. 1801. I am sure that checks were in Ken's name??

Posted at 10:01AM on Mar 31st 2008 by Big Mess!

prepaid visas....prepaid gift cards....throw away phones..

Posted at 10:07AM on Mar 31st 2008 by nah

WOW! Electronic and or papaer trail... I love when things have to be traced back and they can!
Posted at 10:14AM on Mar 31st 2008 by Big Mess!

Well , well.............now that the Inquest is over we re moving on over to Team Texas' next maneuver............
Continue to libel and or associated payment with Team Stern.
In Your nightmares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly hope that you have some facts to back up your accusations....and duly noted sent to lawyers.
TMZ needs to pull your posts:)

Linn Wood is only representing Stern in these battles... you must be fishing for info on what or who the falsely accused have to reprsent them? Sad.

When all is said and done I do know that this people who you freely throw your "terminal hate" at, have enough to contersue for damages and I encourage them to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as SSI and disabilities I wish the whole conglomerate of pain and disease on all of you at one time, of the people you have so rabidly stalked , attacked and demeaned. So much that you cry out yet find no relief or mercy. May that be so.

Okay ,waiting for a link to back up your libel.... oops? Don't have one? thought so!!!

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

note to myself : I'm full of crap .

passing thru

turn the page, already!

shadowbaby

I have heard some say Anna's statement was read on the first day of the inquest...I sure didn't hear that but maybe so...anyoe know for SURE??? You'd think we'd have heard what she said somwhere.

Posted at 5:11PM on Mar 31st 2008 by Dink

Hi Dink. I heard Anna's statement was was admitted at the inquest but it didn't say much of anything. Figures. She was probably all drugged up.

Is this a mushroom trip?

Lynda I wasn't even talking to you then so why are you bring it up now?

these people are a joke

1856. 1797. love it, if she has the Stern camp pay her expenses than that is considered INCOME that she has to report to SSI. If she thinks for one second people have not already contacted SS she is nutter than I thought.

Posted at 9:43AM on Mar 31st 2008 by BIG PROBLEMS FOR ROSE

I am sure that checks were in Ken's name??
Posted at 10:01AM on Mar 31st 2008 by Big Mess!
1802. 1801. I am sure that checks were in Ken's name??

Posted at 10:01AM on Mar 31st 2008 by Big Mess!

prepaid visas....prepaid gift cards....throw away phones..

Posted at 10:07AM on Mar 31st 2008 by nah

Posted at 10:14AM on Mar 31st 2008 by Big Mess!

Continue to libel and or associated payment with Team Stern.
In Your nightmares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMZ needs to pull your posts:)

Posted at 2:06PM on Apr 1st 2008 by The UnFriendly State

these people are a joke

TB for Short
AOL Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it! |#37386 8 min ago
Hmmmm wrote:
Birkhead and comely lawyer Krista Barth, who represented Smith companion Howard K. Stern during the custody fight, were spotted at The Gardens mall and at dinner at Downtown at the Gardens' Cheesecake Factory. There, staffers assumed they were on a date. "They were sitting very close at a high table by the bar," said a spywitness.
Larry, really for the baby's sake please get away from these people, go to Kentucky and let her live a normal life. Enroll her in preschool and let her be with other kids. Give up the celebrity image and be a daddy!

this is funny after all the gay bashing they did on larry birkhead now they are telling him what to do to.

Previous 15 Comments | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124