Famous Chef Invincible to Veggies ... and Bullets!

3/25/2008 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paul PrudommeFamed Cajun chef Paul Prudhomme was shot today but amazingly the bullet did no damage. All that extra padding finally paid off!

According to reports, Prudhomme was cooking (of course) at a golf course in Louisiana when he felt something hit his arm. That something was a .22 caliber bullet! It didn't even penetrate his skin.

Police had originally classified the incident as a shooting, but then deemed it a simple complaint. They say a .22 caliber bullet can travel almost two miles, so they may never know who fired the shot. Who needs a bulletproof vest, when you got excess skin!

Kelli

Cajun, I just watched the first one, never heard it before. Who is he? lol

Kelli

Claire, sorry for your loss.

just wondering

Claire...sorry for ur sad loss...and I agree with the utter ignorance of this particular post from start to finish.

April Fouels

First, hope your dentist thing went o.k., he is a bad ass independant singer that is a pioneer of CURB RECORDS, that , if you are a NASCAR fan, and a fan of Carl Edwards, they are trying to make a legitamite go at supporting real Performers. By the way, See the ladie in the background, that's his wife, and he MADE the Guitar he is playing.

Kelli

Wow, he reminds me of the oldies my dad listens to. I will try and send it to him. That was some guitar. Do you have brothers? :) I'm trying here.

Thanks, I am glad the Dentist is over and I'm sure I will feel better by tomorrow.

claire

THANK YOU, keep writing that, so they take this off of here...if TMZ wants to post something, they should post pictures of all of those who have been lost since Katrina at the hands of violence in New Orleans that the NOLA PD doesn't care about and the mug shots of those who are considered suspects in these cases that have WALKED because jobs are not being done - are you listening TMZ??? My family has a story that would make you livid at the legal system in NOLA - considering your boss is an attorney and all...contact me and I can fill you in on the details...maybe you can help us, as not one News Outlet I have been in touch with since my family's loss has cared at all. We still do and our loved one deserves justice, not to be mocked on a blog...nor do the many others who have been lost due to violence at the hands of the ignorant in New Orleans...If you want to bring attention to the city, HELP those who can't speak for themselves anymore...don't make a joke out of it...It really isn't funny...I could take you to a gravesite that would help you agree with me.

Kelli

Ok Cajun, calm down. I listened to Highway Patrol but I can't keep up. Claire, I am really sorry for your loss. TMZ always messes up with their accurate reporting. Please, if it bothers you scroll down amd send an e-mail. It sometimes will help to make them correct their mistakes. Remember this is TMZ so ya can't expect empathy journalism here.

FAT TUESDAY ....

It pays to eat the Gumbo!! Fat Tuesday didn't get its name from the cosmos!!

claire

I don't expect empathy Journalism, but it would be nice if someone could help, as I have had no luck yet...nor have many other families either...I could give you a list of over 200 or so....

Kelli

Cajun, your overwhelming me! Claire, I'm sorry, What are you exactly trying to do?

just wondering

...Claire...what really stinks is u probably logged onto this site for some cherished chuckles, instead u see how the writing of the TMZ staff has gone down the tanks bigtime....they r all in Britney WITHDRAWL....way lower $$$$$ coming in, advertising down, hits down, and the papps industry must be in turmoil....GOOD LUCK...they might make ur REALITY front and centre...any celeb geneology though...that is how it works.......PATHETIC!!

claire

Kelli,
I am trying to get any news source that will listen to what happened to my sibling help our family, as everyone seems to dismiss him as a "statistic" and that couldn't be any farther from the truth as far as our family is concerned...for starters, his name and what happened to him was on the internet before anyone in our family was notified and it only gets worse from there...why can you help?

happy holiday season

Gee, it must be the caliber of the cajun food that produces all that firepower. Hopefully, he will have a barrel of laughs and not
slug it out with anyone. But he is quite a pistol, and I have never heard of anyone getting lead poisoning from his food. So here
is to happy trails to him.

April Fouels

I am making an attemt to coerce the powers that be to enable the real talent that has the ability and knowhow, to make a slight impression on anyone that has a bit of talent, and posssibly influence them that there is a place for them in the standards and practices in the realm of talent itself, and thereby making, and setting forth a challenge to go beyond what has been done before, and do more, to do better, and not just copy the artists of the past, but to break new ground, and not be satisfied with the "status quo" but to go beyond that and be independant, and make a name for themself, without riding on the coat-tails of others.

Kelli

I hope justice is served and the person responsible is held accountable. It made the internet first? That is messed up! I have no idea how to help but the internet can be a wonderful tool. Good luck but this being a celebrity blog I don't see much help here. Did law enforcement leak that to the internet? If they didn't what do they say about it? Get yourself into a good victim of family violence support group. There are people ther who do nothing more then help people find justice. This happened to my sister in-laws relative a couple of years ago and that support helped her the most. Look it up in your area.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments