Shirley MacLaine: Out (of Breath) on a Limb

3/25/2008 12:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Where's a home health care worker when you need one?!

Wearing cataract shades and orthopedic platform wedges, 73-year-old living legend Shirley MacLaine nearly hacked up a lung as she huffed and puffed through Malibu on Monday -- while carrying her own dry cleaning.

Infirm of endearment!

Trish

She should quit smoking!

All these Hollywood types that follow new age theories to enlightment and pure bodies should quit smoking............ Loved it last night when David Letterman told Demi Moore she should quit.......... Demi had been talking about the cleansing power of leaches sucking blood from her body. Letterman said, maybe you should quite smoking too!!

Jewels

TMZ - you suck. She is 73 - get some respect and leave her alone. Her shoes were not orthopedic....
Picking on a Grandmother - very classy!

Bubblebunny

She's got the flu, IDIOT.

sonja

You know, ya'll are really mean to older people--god forbid you guys should turn 50 one day. And, tell Harvey he's not exactly a spring chicken, so cut it out!

Christopher

Does she smoke? Not good, Shirl. Quit before it's too late.

Nuff_Said

SHIRLEY IS A LIVING LEGEND IN THIS LIFE AND ALL HER OTHER ONES SO GIVE HER A BREAK SHE IS TIRED FROM ALL THE TIME TRAVEL SHE HAS DONE,

Lily S.

why does she have a plastic bag on her hand???

Nuff_Said

SHE IS WEARING PLASTIC GLOVES TO PROTECT HER HANDS FROM ALL THE GERMS OUT THERE ON HER TRAVELS

ParisNauseatesMe

Gee, TMZ, show some respect. This is a woman with tremendous talent, whose box office draw has remained solid over time, unlike a lot of the other flashes in the pan we see on your website.

Rico

she has always made me want to puke, even more so now, the gross old hag

DeeDee

You know, if you're REAL lucky you'll get older one day too.

malik

Uummm...help me out here...I am a lil' slow...at seventy-three what is she supposed to be wearing...lucite "hooker" heels?!?...just a wild guess...you throw about smarmy comments because you know your stories are getting lame...what with brit taking her meds and paritch out of the country and all...and you need to attract readers and spark outrage and comments so people will keep reading...just a guess...I have stepped in deeper puddles than you, Harv...

reggie

YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN
I Am the Liberal-Progressives Worst Nightmare. I am an American.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some Liberal governmental functionary be it Democratic or Republican!

I'm in touch with my feelings and I like it that way!

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, do it in English.

I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where they want to.

My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever canceled Jerry Springer.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time watching or arguing about it.

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So, shut up already.

I believe if you don't like the way things are here, go back to where you came from and change your own country! This is AMERICA.

If you were born here and don't like it you are free to move to any Socialist country that will have you.

I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson preaches, where he gets his money, and why he is always part of the problem and not the solution. Can I get an AMEN on that one?

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry rear if you're running from them..

I also think they have the right to pull you over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.

And, no, I don't mind having my face shown on my drivers license. I think it's good..... And I'm proud that "God" is written on my money.

I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years.

I dislike those people standing in the intersections trying to sell me stuff or trying to guilt me into making "donations" to their cause.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.

I believe "illegal" is illegal no matter what the lawyers think.

I believe the American flag should be the only one allowed in AMERICA!

If this makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American.

If you are a BAD American too, please forward this to everyone you know.

We want our country back

eloc

She's famous and 73. She's picking up her own laundry. Go Shirley.

Lea

Shirley is one the queen of sassy. She along with Lily Tomlin, Diane Keaton are the last of the sassiest and will definitely miss their movies.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments