Sambora Could Be Charged with Endangering Kid

3/26/2008 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Richie Sambora could be criminally charged with child endangerment.

Richie Sambora was busted for DUI with his 10-year-old daughter Ava in the car, along with another juvenile and another adult -- a woman. If Sambora was driving drunk, he could be charged with endangering the two kids.

Police sources tell us Sambora has not been charged with endangerment but the Laguna Beach P.D. is "actively investigating."

And, police sources say, after Sambora was busted, the cops called Heather Locklear, Ava's mom. We're told Heather authorized the woman in the car to drive her daughter home.

bonjovifan4life

As a 24 year Bon Jovi fan, this saddens me beyond words. Driving drunk is just inexcusable, no matter WHO you are! I sincerely hope NOW Richie will go back to rehab and stay with the program for as long as it takes to get sober!

Chuck Woolery

juscus

HA HA

StevieN

Maybe he'll stay in rehab more than a WEEK this time?~ He should loose all visitation with his daughter as well. Hire a limo next time LOSER.

bonjovifan4life

57. So if my 17-year-old is going off to Iraq, and my spouse and I are divorced, the state of CA can press charges against me for having a beer with my son or daughter? The other 49 states are glad the State of California will fall into the Pacific, be annexed by Mexico, or both.

Posted at 5:23PM on Mar 26th 2008 by Chuck Woolery

SINCE WHEN DID THIS BECOME ABOUT YOU? JUST CURIOUS - I THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT RICHIE SAMBORA OF BON JOVI, NOT THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND YOUR OWN PERSONAL PREJUDICES!

??

No. 46 ... ROFLMAO .. Thats hilarious!!! Someone should pay you for that!

THE TRUTH IS WITHIN ME BITCHES

I've never...............

reggie

To : All of You Parents and Friends, who have lost a child or family member to drunk driving,
my heart goes out to your lose and pain ! God Bless and keep your faith ! Prayer Works
Friends, don't let friends drive Drunk !!!

.....

WELL JBJ...I CERTAINLY HOPE MYSELF OR ANYONE NEVER LOSES ANYONE TO THE STUPIDITY OF ANOTHER PERSON. BELIEVE IT OR NOT I DO HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF PERSONAL TRAGEDY, HOWEVER I CHOSE NOT TO VENT MY ANGER ON WEBSITES LIKE TMZ.

NOW, THAT BEING SAID, IM OFF TO GET A SIXER. MAY I BORROW YOUR WHITE HORSE?

Tangie

That is untrue and ridiculous about not being able to drink in the presence of your kid if you are divorced in California.

FanofBonJovi

I am so disappointed in him. I do not have a drinking problem but I do know it can be a horrible disease to beat. I was just at 2 Lost Highway concerts last week. I thought he looked great and was hoping he was still sober.

jz

There seems to be a lot self righteousness in the comments. Drunk driving is a crime. Potentially even a tragedy. However, Punitive escalation because of perceived danger is out of proportion to the actual danger per miles traveled. Everyone elses sin but mine it would seem. I guess the question is when will they come for yours?

??

Man .. I hate it when the comment numbers switch around, check out Fredbo's comments. AWESOME (#45 now, was 46)

QE2

While this is terrrible, it is also very common. I know someone who regularly either drinks (three or four drinks) and then drives , or drinks while actually driving, both with her 9 year old son in the car. Then she takes him to impound lots to show him what happens when people drive drunk. whenever she hears of a really bad accident due to drunk driving. These kinds of people just don't get it and they never will. Because they're screwed up in the head. It might be a disease, but these people are messed up even before they sip (or guzzle) a drink

NJ Guy

They should sentance him to jail and force him to listen to Bon Jovi records.