Allred Goes Tit-for-Tat with the TSA

3/27/2008 6:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gloria Allred held a press conference today demonstrating how TSA agents forced her client to remove her nipple piercings.

Yeah, it was as ridiculous as it sounds.

Manda RUth

I am a student at Texas Tech University, in Lubbock, and I frequently fly between my home (Dallas) and Lubbock and I will definately be the first to say that not only are the people who work at the airport in Lubbock a bunch of idiots, but also considering the fact that Lubbock is the second-most conservative city in the country, everyone probably was completely flabbergasted that a woman had a nimple ring.

I wonder if this was the first time this person who checked her (whoever they were) had dealt with a situation like this before. Private piercing are much more common now, so one would only think that this may not have been the first time they have sceened someone like this.

And if they had screened someone with say, a nimple piercing, like this woman, or some other private piercing, I wonder if they went through the same procedure as this woman or not.

In the end, it was ridiciulous. If she simply just showed them her ring in private or if they had just padded it down, everything would have been fine. Stop wasting your time on someone like her and focus more attention on people who fit the profile.

Nshado

Sheesh....comments made in these areas show just how very STUPID Americans can be. The whole point here is ....It was UNNECESARY for them to ask her to take them out! A pat-down or showing of them to a female attendant is all that's needed. The whole point of the security is to make sure people aren't bringing items on board that are a risk. Nipple rings? come on TSA.
Get friggin' real. Some jerk just wanted his jollies.
It's like people have totally lost any common sense that might have been bred into them, allowing government and business entities to rule and run your life for you. Now you don't have to even THINK for yourself, just follow the leader even if their a jerk or a bad politician even. Jeez/ I'm gonna start a new organization. AARPO
Americans Against Rejects from the Primordial ooze.

Nshado

Oh yeah....if people would stop doing stupid s#@t like this, (using the rules to feed your voyeur fetish) ....
lawyers like Allred wouldn't have a case to present in court.
Wait until YOUR rights or privacy is invaded and see how fast you make it down to Levowitz and Lebowitz we'll sue anyone for anything attorney office.

Amie

This was humiliating for Ms. Hamlin and obviously unecessary harrassment. I say good for Gloria Allred for defending the pierced!

Ramone

They wern't nipple rings. Upon further review it was determined that she was actually tagged in the Fall by the wildlife society to track the hibernation habits of the white-trash sloth.

Keep the nipple rings to fit girls under 25 whose boobs are still perky, what a mess. It looks stupid on anyone else.

Dani

In reply to #59 wyone150

My mom had a tumor removed from her bone in her arm, it was so large they had to replace the whole bone with titanium. She almost always sets off the metal detectors. I have been with her when it's happened. I have no reason to lie about my 61 yr old mom's arm setting of the metal detectors. Maybe "Alexis" was telling the truth.....you don't know.

Also, in reply to all the people who stated that the woman with the nipple piercings set off the metal detector, if you watch the actual news conference, she stated that the metal detector DID NOT go off.

Greelik's Pet

Yes, she should have been aware that it's a possibility.

That being said..

To the person who noted, "...IS SHE DENSE STUPID OR CANT READ ... BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW IF YOU GO TO AN AIRPORT...YOU WILL HAVE TO PASS A METAL DETECTOR..." She went through the metal detector just fine. She was thru the detector when the agent said she set off the handheld device.

I have both nipples pierced and have flown many times since getting them done. I havent ever *knock on wood* set off the metal detector with them. Most contain no more metal than a couple of pairs of earings or a wedding band set, yet those are perfectly fine to wear while going through the detector.

They're not that easily removed. I have captive beads and mine require pliers to remove. I've taken them out one time since getting them and that was for a mammogram and was a pain to take out and put back in.

Also, the regulations state that they can be removed in lieu of showing them or a pat down. She wasnt even offered those other choices... choices that apparently are to be offered first. Let me tell you, I would much rather lift my shirt to every person boarding that plane and the flight crew and the entire TSA staff... then take those rings out again.

Fidalgo

"Keeping your body jewelry on when traveling does NOT make the wearer dense or stupid! "

Maybe not, but it does make me question their judgment.

rick

gloria will do anything and defend anybody for a price it seems. This bimbo decided to have her body piercings and she had to know with terriorists threats that this would create havoc with detectors. I have no sympathy for anybody so stupid as to do this to their body for attention by the way which is exactly what shes getting. She needs to tattoo her face next with BIMBO accross her forehead

Jen

I spoke to a representative from TSA because , quite frankly, I fly out of Lubbock alot and was a bit concerned. However, after getting both sides of the story, I'd have to say I understand where the employees were coming from. Security is security and I honestly believe that they were only following proper procedures. Typically a piercing would come out with no problem so I believe this was a pretty isolated incident ( I mean really...how many women fly). Additionally, what if the women had wired some type of bra bomb ( I know this sounds kinda funny but you never know). Unfortunately these days one can not be too careful, especially after 9-11.

Lucy Phoenix

No, Steve, I do not ride the "short" bus, you silly boy. I ride in a private jet and laugh at all you peons milling around the cattle pens.

Jen

This lady did nothing wrong. You all should be ashamed of yourselves for these rude remarks you are making about her. This is a clear case of sexual harrassment by a bunch of goons male security guards. What would have been different if instead of a woman it was a man with a penis piercing? Grow up people.

J

Mrs. Butters---your too funny! Honestly, I don't think it was necessary for her to remove the piercing ,however, everyone does know not to wear metal or be willing to put it off to the side.

Rabbi Adolph

I have several piercings including my nipples. When I went through security at the airport out side of Boston my piercings set off the detectors. I was asked to show my piercings but they stopped me when I started to undo my pants. I heard several rude comments from the guards, but what do you expect from narrow minded minimum wage earners. What the screeners did was wrong & rude. It's another case of underpaid bullies flexing there power. I vote we give all screeners an I Q test so we can weed out all the Bubba's abd Bubbetts.

monkey0801

The nipple ring gal is just looking to set herself up for a lawsuit. People are ridiculous! Lazy ass trying to steal a dollar! I don't think it was out of line at all & Miss Allred needs to get a life!!!!!!!!! Broke down bitch is an ambulance chaser! I want to know I am safe when I fly & they are doing their jobs. I am glad to know it!