Shake, Rattle

and Rape?

3/28/2008 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that Poison drummer Rikki Rockett had to bail on a gig tomorrow night at his local coffee shop because of the Mississippi warrant that's out for his arrest on sexual assault charges. Don't ya hate when that happens?!

Rikki
He and his fiancee Melanie Martel, a singer, were scheduled to play at Rattlesnake Slim's, an intimate coffeehouse/music venue in Newhall, Calif., not far from where Rikki and Melanie live. But after the story about his warrant broke last night, Rikki called Slim's today and told them they wouldn't be able to make it "due to what's going on" and the crush of media that would follow.

When asked about his legal woes, we're told, Rikki said he couldn't talk about it "because of his lawyers."

FLTom

The complaint stinks to high heaven. The woman did not report the rape until several days after the alleged incident, making DNA recovery all but impossible and raising reasonable doubt about the true source of any injuries she may have presented to the police. The incident allegedly occurred in a hotel room, raising the question of why the woman entered a hotel room with Rockett in the first place. And, naturally, the complainant's identity is shielded, making her history difficult to investigate. The idea that a rape accuser's personal history is irrelevant is one of the serious injustices of current rape shield laws. The police investigator is quoted as saying the police concluded that a District Attorney should "review" the case, not that forcible rape can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. All in all, a very shaky case that perfectly fits the profile of a groupie looking to score some bucks from a rock star. And folks, guys don't get into raping women at the age of 46, when some semblance of maturity usually guides their behavior. A 46 year old successful rocker, who's undoubtedly been with hundreds of women in hundreds of hotel rooms over several decades, is highly unlikely to force himself on some babe in a hotel room.

introspective viewin

Went to his fiance's myspace page. Why are they directing people to this site? What has she got to do with all of this. She either knows about it and they have an open relationship or she is devastated right now. It just makes things worse for her because of all the comments about her weird looking face and strange buggish eyes and mediocre vocal skills. Everyone pointing out how bloated and trannny looking her fiance is can't be very comforting either during this difficult time.

Karen

you couldn't pay me to touch one of these butt rock guys. after all the a$$ they got in the 80's, you know they are crawling with disease. gross!

Merl

Wow, Rikki sure has changed. He was my "eternal crush" for so many years. He was so F in fine back in his days with Poison. I still regret not having gone to see him play at Hammerjacks when I had the chance. However, one day on a drive through the canyon just outside LA; I swore I saw him on his bike; and he gave me the eye. It sounds strange; that even tho I was with my husband and happily married; I wished I had run into him like this when I was single, younger, and much better looking than his fiance. However, I have matured enough to know she probably has something he needs that goes far beyond superficial beauty; something like musical ability and the love of music that they can share. And, her personality is probalby much more interesting and captivating than the shallow personalities of the beauties that he knew in his younger days. Perhaps his heart was broken by beautiful, wild women too many times and now he craves security. I don't think he is guilty due to his extremely caring nature. I think it will all pass.; and his accuser will be revealed to be a pathetic and disturbed person.

RZRM

It is sad to see so many people pile on when somebody is only accused of something. Rikki is a very kind and respectful person and what he is accused of is totally out of character. If it even matters I have seen him on occasion and he looks fit and has aged very well. Why so much negativity when not all the facts are on the table yet. Respect him and his family
and pray for a fair trial.

CMF

He's not very attractive but maybe to pull chicks as a rock drummer you don't have to be. He looks like he drinks too much! I knew a groupie of his and I think he hurt her emotionally.

Biker 1957

I live 3 miles from "Rattlesnake Slims" and this is the first I've heard of this joint. Better check it out...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3