Parents Slam J.Lo Over Posh Nursery

3/29/2008 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

People mag's spread on J.Lo and Marc Anthony's newborn twins has shocked some staffers at Parents magazine.

The peeved peeps posted an open memo to J.Lo citing numerous baby safety hazards. But TMZ spoke to Kimberlee at Boo Boo Busters, a child safety company, and they say J.Lo is totally in the right.

Where Parents criticizes the nursery for having canopies and bows on and around the cribs -- suffocation hazards -- Kimberlee Mitchell, owner and found of Boo Boo Busters, says that for newborn babies like J.Lo's, this is not a concern. She says, "When your baby starts sitting up, at around six months or so, that's when you remove any canopies or mobiles." Emme and Max are barely a month old.

The blog's memo also went so far as to berate Lopez for not having window guards on the nursery's windows. Perhaps window guards weren't very photogenic? After all, in one of the magazine's pictures, Jenny from the Block is pictured feeding her baby ... in an evening gown.

Next time Parents might want to wait to nail J.Lo and Marc Anthony until they're seen driving erratically while dangling the twins out a car window.

KansasDiva

I can't imagine what is wrong with the folks who are so negative about Jennifer's decisions on decorating, breast feeding, spending her own money, etc. Why shouldn't she be able to do what she wants to with all of it. Nobody made me breast feed my babies, but I gave it a try. I hated it. Not everybody wants to breast feed. Nobody told me how to decorate my nursery, and I spent as much money as I could afford to make it like I wanted. I certainly didn't have much money but I did as much as I could at the time. Leave those new parents alone and let them do as they please. It is no one's business but theirs. And it's nice that they are willing to share their pictures with the public.

jessi

The only way I could even comprehend those people getting that much money for baby pictures, is if it ALL went to charity. If they kept even one red cent, then they are nothing but SELFISH PIGS!! Why is it that more middle class people donate than rich people?

Down with JHO!

argh!!! What do you expect from a HOMEWRECKER!!! This woman is sooo full of herself, it's really disgusting. #45, I couldn't have said it better myself. This person did not get all this money from the sweat of her brow...LOL She got it by steping all over people to get what she wanted. She can't sing, she can't act, she is a no talent that will do anything to get attention.

Yeah, just like any woman she has the right to make a nursery for her children, but do we really need it splashed all over the place? It's disgusting how she displays herself as this nurturing oh so sweet, blah, blah, blah. It's the jho show!! There are people in this country alone who can't even feed their kids and just seeing this makes me sick. People magazine should be ashamed to even have a part in this, putting her and her lizard looking kids (I'm sorry, but they are uuugly) on the cover is just a true form of GLUTTONY! Shame on people who think this is even acceptable.

poobear

# 54, you' re right! That's why we have boobs! All mammals nurse..JLO must not be one!
She's tacky to pimp her kids out so early in life!

lm

I'm not a breastfeeding Nazi, I did it for about 5 months and then the well went dry. My problem with JLo was her statement that she researched and "you do what's best for THEM" Well, what's best for THEM is breastmilk, and there is no question about that. If she chose formula, then fine, but that statement makes her sound not quite as informed as she thinks.

christina

everyone READ NUMBER 67!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1YOU HAVE TO!!!!!!!!!NOW

christina

EVERYONEREAD NUMBER 67 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paula Lee

OH Geeze People. She is Rich. She worked for her money. If you and I had that much money we'd decorate our nurseries anyway we want.

I'm trusting that since Mr Anthony has had a child in the past and it has reached it's current age, they safety seriously.

Who the hell are you people? To sit Judgment saying that isn't safe, this isn't safe. I'm quite sure MR and MRS Anthony will take take amazingly good care of their children, they will have better staff than the average person has to assist them, and of course they will have the media covering their every move, wanted or not, and then there is the endless subjection to people like us, who sit in our own houses, more than likely of just the size of the Anthony's Kitchen, and we sit here all smug and think we have a right to rip people and their lifes apart, to sit and judge.

Many Blessings to the Anthony's. Their Children were very much wanted, and the Parents have more than sufficent means and love to see that the children grow to be happy, healthy memebers of the world.

Can all of you commenting here say the same?

Dee

The majority of you nay sayers would do exactly the same thing if the
cash supply was endless. Your statements about being able to furnish
a nursey with stuff from WalMart is ridiculous. If you are so
jealous, then YOU go do what it takes to become a celebrity so people
can judge you. Why do some people feel that if you have money, it automatically means you are a bad parent or your kids always get "too much too soon?"

The room is gorgeous. Lucky, lucky them!

Punkie grrl

Holy Crap! Literally! I have a 7 month old and would have never decorated her nursery in that fashion. I'd honestly be afraid I'd loose the baby in all that fluff. Gaudy and ridunkulous if you ask me. But then again those two cartoon babies will just be more spoiled ass Hollywood brats when they get older. The whole celeb society is out of control, with popping babies out. BIRTH CONTROL PEOPLE!!!! The last thing we need is to worry about their brats driving around in 16-17 years drunk and drugged up, maybe California will drop off the US by then. One can only hope....

sheri11

She said she researched and did what was best for the babies by not breastfeeding. She just did not want to be bothered, I am sure, and did not want saggy breast.

Jessica

I think is a beautiful nursery, the people that are making fun of it are just jealous they can't have a room like that, i'm pretty sure she wants to give them everything they deserve. Congrats to JENNIFER

biteme hard

the cribs look like cages.........

flo

This disgusting show of money which makes me sick to my stomach. Kids dont care if they sleep in a box as long as they r loved,fed and changed. This is all about the parents showing off, shame they feel the need to pimp the kids.

lynn Spears

SUPERBEANIE52 YOU REALLY ARE STUPID. INSULTING HER FOR NOTBREASTFEEDING. EVERY BREASTFED KID I KNOW IS ALWAYS SICK AS A DOG. I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, BREASTFEEDING IS NOT BETTER. LOOK UP ON THE INTERNET THE ARTICLE ABOUT HOW A UNIVERSITY TESTED 100 WOMAN AND 99 OUT OF THE100 HAD FIRE RETARDANT IN THE BREAST MILK. YOU MUST OF BEEN BREASTFED, THAT IS WHY YOU ARE SO STUPID. YOU PROBABLY VACCINATE YOUR KIDS TOO. IF ANYTHING PEOPLE SHOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE POISON THEY PUMP INTO THIR KIDS WITH THOSE VACCINATIONS. AS FAR AS THE NURSERY, IT'S HER HOUSE, HER MONEY, SHE CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL SHE WANTS WITH IT. ANYONE WHO THINKS DIFFERENT IS JEALOUS.