Parents Slam J.Lo Over Posh Nursery

3/29/2008 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

People mag's spread on J.Lo and Marc Anthony's newborn twins has shocked some staffers at Parents magazine.

The peeved peeps posted an open memo to J.Lo citing numerous baby safety hazards. But TMZ spoke to Kimberlee at Boo Boo Busters, a child safety company, and they say J.Lo is totally in the right.

Where Parents criticizes the nursery for having canopies and bows on and around the cribs -- suffocation hazards -- Kimberlee Mitchell, owner and found of Boo Boo Busters, says that for newborn babies like J.Lo's, this is not a concern. She says, "When your baby starts sitting up, at around six months or so, that's when you remove any canopies or mobiles." Emme and Max are barely a month old.

The blog's memo also went so far as to berate Lopez for not having window guards on the nursery's windows. Perhaps window guards weren't very photogenic? After all, in one of the magazine's pictures, Jenny from the Block is pictured feeding her baby ... in an evening gown.

Next time Parents might want to wait to nail J.Lo and Marc Anthony until they're seen driving erratically while dangling the twins out a car window.

annabelle

you people either complain about her lavishing nursery, or her not breastfeeding, or you complain about those who are complaining about her.
Look.. these celebrities CHOOSE to pose for these magazines. WHY is it important to SELL pictures of your baby to the media? what is the purpose? money? do they not already have enough money?
we're in a time now where every time a celebrity pops out a baby it is NECESSARY they have a photoshoot? what's going on here? why can't they lead private lives? it's really not that difficult. if J LO is really such a great person like most of you people claim she is, she would have just kept this all private and not done the photo shoot. it is obviously all JUST A SHOW. and maybe not for you and me. she probably did this because she's in competition with all these other baby celeb mama's. like katie holmes, gwen stefani. i bet THAT is why she did it and that's probably why she has such a crazy nursery. it has nothing to do with you or me. and it's still pretty petty and sad and she needs to get a life. and sorry but just b/c she's a celebrity and has millions of dollars, that does not make her cool and that does not mean she's got a great life. the fact that she's in her 30's and still feels like she needs to prove herself is pretty f'in SAD.

TW

She's a DIVA-- can't stand her. Mark Anthony ....your other children???? Where are they?? Do you know or care???? Jennifer look out this won't last either. You two are so self absorbed get over yourselves. You both are way to high maintenance.. 2 Years from now the cover of PEOPLE will be about you two getting divorced.

Stacy Martin

I agree with KYWildcatFan...Yes, it is their money, but really. It's ridiculous how overdone the room is. And not to mention, the cost of it all. I heard on the radio that a crib she was going to buy or did buy was about $100,000.00. You mean you can't find anything more expensive? It is a shame how "out of touch with reality" celebrities can get. Tom Cruise and his wife threw a baby shower for Jennifier L that cost $200,000.00. Can you say "Scientology"? Sure, everyone is entitled to do as they wish with their money...but how much does one need? I agree with the previous post regarding helping other mothers who need things for their babies. After all, Jennfer has her fingers in everything from clothing to perfurme, she can afford to give a little. By the way, Jennifer has always been very overrated. There are many other people out there who are more talented than she is.

berzind-TX

OMG what a bunch of winers. They ridcule her on breast feeding, her nursery, how she spendsher money who her money should go to.. pathetic. Grow up and stop acting like a priss and everything is owed to you, youre not a perect God. Perhaps if you got off your lazy butt and went to college instead of looking for a hand out then perhaps you wouldn't worry so much about other people.

WAY TO GO JLO BEAUTIFUL ROOM FOR 2 BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN. You deserve to treat them how you dreamed you would your whole life. I know I try to do that with my 4 beautiful children. Ignor the haters and the jealous!

Please stop slamming her you have absolutely no right. Daniele

Ms.Brender

I think the nursery is beautiful. I would have loved to do that for my children.

As for Parent mag. - I think they're just jealous they couldn't afford the interview.

Amy

I am surprised to see that no one seems to notice the blankets and fluffy pillows in the cribs. They're dangerous even for one-month-old babies. As a mother of four, I am surprised that for all her money she couldn't buy a little common sense.

Silly Lilly

Are a bunch of redneck morons invading TMZ today? I am lost here. Dont any of you shop at Bellini or is it just walmart for you? Seriously like how about a trip away from Target mmkay? It is very common to have canopies and bumper sets in nurseries before babies can sit up etc. After you notice an ability to move around, you simply REDO the themes and generally take the canopy down and redecorate. It is a little costly but this is how some people do. Okay? Next... that "nursery" right now I am CERTAIN is more a decorative showpiece as MOST newborns favor their bassinette or cradle as do the parents.

The nursery is well appointed and is over the top that some people emulate by purchasing less expensive but similar effect items. Those cribs will not be what the babies stay in as they get bigger because they are not MEANT for older babies and I am quite certain JLO is well aware of this.

As for the child safety bars.... is that a joke? Seriously are you friggin kidding me? My house is alarmed up the wazoo and I live in a normal house. My kids cannot TOUCH the windows without the sirens beeping in the house and the alarm yelling CHILD ROOM ALERT CHILD ROOM ALERT. YOU TOO can purchase these at your local LOWES or HOME DEPOT.

Safety bars??? are you CRAZY???? I am stunned at the hypocracy!!! Get the hell OUT of here she doesnt live on the 5th floor of some building!

Parents...SHAME on you. And the readers of TMZ... grow UP!

max

She should have done more research before giving birth. In the article, she "chose what was best for the babies" and decided not to breast feed. Look at the research, babies are much better off breast fed. $6 million made on your children. You should be really proud of yourself.

vicbre

Hatersssssssssssssssssssss, who th f**** cares realy do you all think she stressing the fact that we breastfed or not, or how we decorated our nurseries. Congrats to jlo and mark do whatever u want with ur money and ur children.

Kelli

Whats wrong woth Target? I'm headed there right now. Target rocks!!!

berzind-TX

Hey number 107 I am a mother of 4 myself and had blankets and pillows AND teddy bears in the crib and had no issue. Oh and how do you know she doesn't take them out.. My guess isthat u don't. So shut your pie whole and go back to knowing nothing. No one wants to hear about your 4 kids and how you think youknow what's best for someone you don't know.

Ha ha.. JLo you should hire me to face off with these people. Just kidding.

Daniele

Jmom

Kudos to Virginia Mom. I could not have said it better myself. So what if she wants to spoil her children. They are her children and she has the means to do it. I am sure she gives to charities. Most famous people do. We do not need a breaking news bulliten every time they do. Women have a choice to breastfeed their children or not. So what if she doesn't breastfeed or use cloth diapers. It's her choice. Why do we feel the need to bash people who do not believe in or share the same lifestyles we do?
As for the comments regarding all the unfortunate mothers, there are many unfortunate people in this world. Do celebrities have to take care of all the unfortunate people in the world because they are rich and famous? No.

marla

Don't forget the equally tacky chandelier that goes with the pretentious tacky canopy. Gosh I want to know is if Jennifer is going to be a good mother. Poor kids not only do they involuntary had the DNA of their ugly dad but they also now had an arrogant diva for a mom.

blues fan

Breasts were designed to feed babies, and mother' s milk is what Nature designed and intended for infants to grow and develop optimally -- formula is junk food in a can, and can never be on a par with breastmilk, particularly with regard to giving an infant much-needed immunities. And an all-white nursery can have a negative effect on the babies's development because there is no contract of color. These are simply medical facts, not judgments.

happymom

Thank you #12 for your comments on#7. #7 have you ever tried to breastfeed twins? Not a simple job at times. J LO and Marc's children look healthy and happy and that counts for alot. It is a parents choice to choose what is best for their kids and it looks those beautful babies are doing just fine. Besides the nursey will change to more of a kids room as soon as the cameras leave!!