Jay Leno: I'm Sorry Gays

4/1/2008 8:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Tonight Show" host Jay Leno has apologized for asking a visibly uncomfortable Ryan Phillippe for his "gayest look" during an interview last week. Homey don't play that!

In a statement to People, Leno said "In talking about Ryan's first role, I realize that what I said came out wrong, I certainly didn't mean any malice. I agree it was a dumb thing to say, and I apologize."

Jay made the remark in a lame attempt to make light of Ryan's first acting gig as a gay teen on "One Life to Live."

Unfortunately, Leno has yet to apologize for 16 years of unfunny opening monologues.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

kim suck

TMZ thinks gays are never wrong--why?

tiger313

I heard this guy Leno is some kind of a comedian. You could have fooled me.

Beth

Oh, that's rich, TMZ. Rag on Jay Leno for his apology insulting gays... but YOU insult dead mothers and you don't think YOU need to apologize? You "got the hint" --- but you really need to apologize...and urge everyone to donate money in the woman's honor to the JDRF at http://www.jdrf.org/centralvirginia

Buster

Maybe because they run Hollyweird.

kim suck

. I heard this guy Leno is some kind of a comedian. You could have fooled me.

Posted at 7:40PM on Apr 1st 2008 by tiger313
hahahhaha thta was really funny! hahhahahhaha ah ah ha ha ha hah

Christopher

Jay Leno is still on TV?

Dan

I've been bashing Jay for years because he normalizes it for people to make fun of gays. It's rare when he doesn't have a joke in his monologue that disparages gays. He does it routinely. It's sport to him. He communicates to the world that it's fine to crack jokes about gays. Shameful.

RaheemXavierTequilaWannaWannaWillie

Q: What do you call a gay bar with no place to sit?

A: A fruit stand.

Jessica Gilbert

Jay Leno in my humble opinion is one of the finest men that I have ever watched. He is funny, but more importnat he is kind. He made a mistake, as we all do. I have many gay friends and I haven't heard one of them being upset over Jay's remark. I think it must be a slow day at TMZ. Harvey I have followed you since OJ. Please don't make me stop.

lisa z

People are sooo sensitive!, it's ridiculous. No sense of humor whatsoever. Everyone has to apologize for the simplist things. If he meant to be mean, we would definitely know it.

cheesewiz

I, too, am sick of this super-sensitive nonsense. People need to grow up and get over themselves. Here's one, if you ever get a canoe, paint it black to make sure it won't tip. (Black people are notoriously poor tippers.)

shawie629

He made Ryan feel so uncomfrotable on that interview...

wendy

I stopped watching your TV show every night because of comments like the last one about J .... can't ya just report without being so damn nasty .... hold the ugly remarks .... show a little class

LIFE IS LIFE

Three gay men died, and were going to be cremated. Their lovers happened to be at the funeral home at the same time, and were discussing what they planned to do with the ashes.

The first man said, "My Ryan loved to fly, so I'm going up in a plane and scatter his ashes in the sky."

The second man said, "My Ross was a good fisherman, so I'm going to scatter his ashes in our favorite lake."

The third man said, "My Jack was such a good lover, I think I'm going to dump his ashes in a pot of chili, so he can tear my ass up just one more time."

Hildy

So..TMZ can make fun of people's looks, their weight, THEIR CHILDREN, THEIR GRANDPARENTS, their religion and politics, girlfriends, boyfriends, clothes and hairdoes, just to name a few...Hey, you can even call innocent women SKANKS ... (see story above)...but don't DARE tell a joke about gays, right? I just want to undertand the rules for your sick site.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments