Mom of Former "Idol" Finalist Sings "My Way"

4/1/2008 4:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of "American Idol" contestant Elliott Yamin died last night in Richmond, Va. She was 65.
Elliot Yamin
Claudette Yamin had been hospitalized over the weekend -- so far, no cause of death revealed. She recently returned to her home in Richmond from L.A., the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported.

Yamin finished in 3rd place in 2006 on "Idol," behind Katharine McPhee and Taylor Hicks.

Past Idols -- click to launch

Bunny

This is extremely insensitive. The woman died, and you are making a joke out of it! Disgusting.

Very, Very Tacky TMZ on your closing Line about this story.

Very, Very Tacky TMZ. Who ever approved the closing line to this story should be ashamed of themselves, but you know what they say "Charma is a Bitch" just wait until she comes back around and "Bite TMZ in the Ass." Just down right TACKY!!!!

annoyed

My mother just died too, a little over a month ago. Although I was never a fan of his, I sympathize with him.

TMZ, that was a highly insensitive, and I hasten to add, STUPID, and cold-hearted thing to say. You make me sick to my stomach. What a bunch of classless, clueless, idiots you are.

charlotte

What a rude comment you have at the last. I hope when a loved one of yours dies people have more respect to you. Shame on you/

J

I can't believe how low and thoughtless you are at TMZ. Have some dignity and treat his mother's passing with RESPECT.

And, while it is beside the point, he is VERY talented! Is it that you all are a bunch of talentless haters that you have to hurt people in order to feel better about yourselves????

YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE- it's obvious your readers agree you stepped over the line. Comments like these are really getting old and your site is quickly gone down hill with rude and trashy comments.

Azia

Wow, TMZ! Is nothing sacred to you? His mother died, could we be a little less rude about it. Very bad taste.

give me a break

TMZ go F**# a goat. Thoughts with Elliot he was very close to her.

SHERRY HOLLIS-MY REAL NAME

Hmmm, it sure is funny how your rules state that people posting comments can't and I quote ''Inappropriate or purely promotional comments may be removed. ''

Why don't you remove yourself from the internet, TMZ?? YOu are sickening.

Miss Manners

Tacky, offensive and distasteful, TMZ.

Mila

How can you be so rude! I can't wait to see your headline the day Harvey kicks it.

Minds

I cannot believe you would stoop so low. I for one am throgh with this site. Total garbage

charlotte

Bet it was that little long hair blonde snit that wrote this article Shame on all of you.

MIDImom

Shame on you TMZ! What smart azz remark will you post when YOUR mother passes?

K

He is a decent guy. More than I can say for your sorry staff. Bunch of losers!

yeahyeah

this is not an april fools joke. i'm from richmond and it is in our newspaper and our new channels..how very sad!