Mom of Former "Idol" Finalist Sings "My Way"

4/1/2008 4:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of "American Idol" contestant Elliott Yamin died last night in Richmond, Va. She was 65.
Elliot Yamin
Claudette Yamin had been hospitalized over the weekend -- so far, no cause of death revealed. She recently returned to her home in Richmond from L.A., the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported.

Yamin finished in 3rd place in 2006 on "Idol," behind Katharine McPhee and Taylor Hicks.

Past Idols -- click to launch

peace

That was mean. Elliot Im sending prayers your way!!!!

HARDY-HAR-HAR

OMG TMZ. What is wrong with you people!!!!????

Elliott, we are so sorry for your loss. Your Mom seemed like a wonderful person and it was very clear what a great family you have and the love you all have for each other. We are so, so sorry. (P.S. My Mom's name is also Claudette!)

I'm just sick with disgust at TMZ and it makes me want to cry. It's so painful to lose someone you love - especially your MOM - and then to have someone be SO DISRESPECTFUL to someone who was so nice. Well, it just makes me sick. We send our deepest condolences.

Sam

Wow, at first with some of the rude things that TMZ said about other people I took as funny, but the comment made at the conclusion of this story was messed up. I now vow to never watch TMZ or Visit your website.

Monkeycox

Wow, I have read every single comment on this story and not one person agreed with your heartless statements, TMZ. Way to go, America! I'm glad to see we haven't all sunk to the level of TMZ.

Chris

Rude...you people owe him an APOLOGY

Mo

Your trashy evil monsters!

annoyed

For those of us who have recently lost a parent, that last comment was extremely distasteful. I never thought even TMZ would say something so tacky.

Two words of advice: DAMAGE CONTROL.

And I wouldnt wait long to get started, unless you dont mind watching us vacate this disgusting place en masse.

wasted days and wasted nights

C'mon, TMZ, this HAS to be getting OLD for you. You KNOW we're going to notice how RUDE you were with that SNARKY lil' ending. Nice of you to post the notice about his mother's passing. The rest was not so nice.

Dan

I urge everyone to email TMZ and express your outrage at their thoughtlessness.

Dee

MY MOUTH DROPPED WHEN I READ THIS. THAT WAS A PATHATIC LOW LIFE WAY TO GET A LAUGH AND GUESS WHAT IT DIDNT WORK IT BACK FIRED. YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS THIS SITE NEEDS TO TAKE THAT DOWN AND APOLIGIZE YOU REALLY JUST LOST ALOT OF FANS.

clyde

Good Grief TMZ -- you are not only RUDE but UGLY NASTY MEAN People!

Decent Guy

Really classless headline, article, and jokes. I know we'd all be thrilled to see out mother's deaht used as a setrup for a not too funny or original zinger.

The real story here is what's happening to TMZ. You guys made a name for yourselves by investigating and unearthing stories before other sources did. Now you just seem kind of bloasted and lazy , coasting on your name and taking shots at whoever is available to fill your webpage and that trainwreck of a TV show. What's the last sotroy of note you can take credit for revelaling? You've actually become very similar to the people you used to target--arrogant, out of touch, gross and insulting. Way to go!

K

Why don't the spineless reporter print their name. going nameless is spineless.
TMZ crossed the line to being just plain MEAN!!!!!!
He was on a talent show..not a reason to kick him in the head when his mom died...
Horrible beyond words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

That was a totally heartbreaking, disgusting and irresponsible comment even for tmz. That "writer" (and I use that term very loosely) should be immediately fired and harvey levin's head should be on the chopping block. Time Warner ... how can you let this go on???

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Elliott, your mom, and your family.

HARDY-HAR-HAR

I can't believe what I just read.

Not many things shock me these days, but that was a jaw-dropper.

Just unbelievable. Harvey you can go to hell.