Cook's Condition Triggered by Brother's Illness

4/2/2008 1:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David CookTMZ has learned what probably triggered the medical emergency with David Cook tonight.

As we first reported, Cook was taken to the hospital after his heart began palpitating and his blood pressure rose. We're told Cook, who has high blood pressure to begin with, has been under tremendous stress because his brother has been ill. We're told David's brother, who has cancer, suffered a setback within the last week, and it has really put David on the ropes.

David has been completely stressed out during the entire season. During one of the first shows, David broke down and said he couldn't perform that night -- and changed his mind at the last minute.

We're told earlier tonight, David began complaining that he did not feel well. After the performance, Cook reassured people he was OK -- but ultimately realized he needed medical help.

Story developing ...

janie johnston

my sis is fighting lung cancer keep the faith ,peace ,hope ,love going strong kcmo

TH

I know his brother, Adam and he is being sent with medical team to see his brother perform. Good luck and god bless.

Lisa

David,

Keep your eyes on the Lord, whatever his will may be at this time. You have a gift that you need to share right now. I lift you and your family up in prayer. God bless all of you.

TH

For those of you who don't believe--read the story in our local paper http://www.tribstar.com/local/local_story_104225908.html

Lynn P

R.I.P. Patrick Swayze?????????? Patrick is not dead. At least not that I know of.
As far as David Cook. My thoughts and prayers are with you! My Mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 9 years ago and was given 9 months to live and she's still here. So don't give up hope David!

Lynn P

Patrick Swayze's physician said the actor "continues to respond well" to his chemotherapy and "because of his excellent response, he will continue the same therapy" at Stanford University Medical Center in California. Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer earlier this year.

So whoever put RIP Parick Swayze needs to get their facts straight!!!!!!!!!!!
Lynn P

Lulu in Atlanta

David, You rock! Your future as a superstar has begun. Your brother must be prouder of you than he ever has been. Be strong. Take care of yourself. The world is praying for you and your brother. The power or God is unleashed when Gods people pray.

rooster14

We all love you David and feel really bad for you!!!!!!!!!! We're rootin for you all the way!! My whole family is praying for you and your brother to heal:) Wish you the best!!!!!!!!! luv, rooster14

Dana

David you are very gifted. I Iistened to tonights performance about 20 times. You are very talented. You are the most creative since the show began. My prayers are with you. Keep singing from your heart. You've got it. Dana

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3