« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Fifth Time's a Charm -- NFL Convict Busted Again

4/3/2008 12:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris HenryChris Henry of the Cincinnati Bengals is determined to flush his NFL career down the toilet.

The 24-year-old wide receiver -- who was arrested a whopping four times in a 14-month span and suspended for half of last season by the NFL -- turned himself into police yesterday after an 18-year-old guy accused Henry of hitting him in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle.

A spokesman for the team said they are aware of the incident, but had no comment. Henry's agent said Henry had a different account of what went down, but wouldn't say more.

UPDATE: Mission accomplished -- the Bengals have cut Chris Henry. Bengals president Mike Brown said in a statement, "Chris Henry has forfeited his opportunity to pursue a career with the Bengals. His conduct can no longer be tolerated."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dixie

39. Well you can take the kid out of the Hood but you can't take the hood out of the kid

Posted at 1:08PM on Apr 3rd 2008 by Oh To Be Judgemental

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Word, true dat!

me

maybe he'll take up hot dog eating contests now

Dixie

What's with his hair?? It looks like little turds are coming out of his head.

deerhunter

Another F&*% up. I'm sure Vick has room next to him in his cell

deerhunter

Within days he will be done, broke and stealing cars.

Pat

After doing some research, I believe he hasn't even made a full mil in the league due to suspensions. He's only been playing for 3 yearsand had a salary of 350k at a high point. He was also lost over 200K last season in penalties. I think in total he made roughly 700K before taxes. Taxes are probably close to half of that. My guess is that he also has a posse(aka gang) that he takes care of. Not to mention a phat ride and house. I would say he does not have that much left. Don't know what smart lawyer would take his case.

CH

He is not a thug. He went to a good school, grew up in a good neighborhood, and is a good football player. I know I went to school with him. Money just got to his head I guess. This is not a black or white thing cause he went to a mostly white school. Learn your facts first. He never go in trouble before the NFL. I don't understand why he would throw it all away. I am not taking up for him because he has made some stupid and unitelligent choices. He deserves what he gets and should go to jail. But he was a good person before the money got to his head!

KC

Well Crap Chris,

So I live in Cincy and despite all of his run ins we all loved Chris Henry. We rooted for him and backed him up, and threw a freaking parade practically when he got to start playing again! Why the heck do you continue to throw your talent away by getting in trouble? It doesn't make any sense. I'm sorry that it finally had to come to this, but maybe it will knock some sense into him. He had an incredibly promising career. Now its just marred with police reports...COME ON. We'll miss you #15

Roxy

Crooked eyes - crooked mind.

horhay

Is it me or does he look like an alien

me

he calvin, the facts ARE out.....news flash HE'S A THUG

Mik

He must be the village villain .

me

hey there jay-t, nice job at keeping the ghetto, uneducated, black stereotypes alive. your people must be so proud. and in regards to the wanting to blow this burnt piece of trash, i say no thanks to that. i don't suck turds.

WHODEY FOREVER

To all the other fans of bengal nation- I have lived in cincinnati my whole life and I am proud to call myself a memeber of bengal nation. This bum has done nothing but spit in the faces of every single person that calls this great city home. He had limitless potential and he once again has proven that all the talet in the world just isnt enough. He made his bed now sleep in it because your not under our roof any more so farewell have a nice trip and tell maurice calrett i said high.
WHODEY FOREVER

angie

What is wrong with all these people who throw away a chance like this? I just don't get it. At least the Bengals did the right thing, Go Bengals for standing up for what's right!