Obama to Cigs: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You

4/3/2008 5:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There may be something more dangerous to Barack Obama than pastor Rev. Wright -- his nasty smoking habit!

While Barack allegedly quit smoking back in February 2007, ABC News Correspondent Jake Tapper says he ran into the Illinois senator in August when he "reeked of cigarettes." Obama did inhale! Obama even admitted he "fell off the wagon" on last night's "Hardball." Maybe LiLo can lend Barack some of her Ariva.

If BO wants to stay off the cancer sticks, he should just take his own advice and say: Yes We Can!

A rep for Obama would not comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

yaya

Can you say...STRESS?

boredatwork

Smoking is nasty.

That explains things!

He Is Out Of Control!

He Claims To be Tuff Enuf To Tame The Budget & Health Care, Etc., BUT He Can't Stop Smoking????? Yea Right. Loser.

Amanda

Big deal....he's a smoker. What difference does that make?

That explains things!

Yuk! Hell No! We are not paying tax $$$$ for a smoking room at the White House!!! Enuf is Enuf!

Amanda

If he's serious about wanting to quit, he should try the prescription drug Chantix. I've been a smoker for 25+ years and was able to finally quit after taking Chantix.

mary

oh my gosh!! Only stupid people smoke!! We know it causes cancer!! Oh my gosh!! I'm freaking out here!!! I wonder who's side of the smoking lobbyists he'll be on!! What a role model for everyone!! I am not voting for him anymore!! I do not want a president who will make the white house smell like smoke!!!

Jack Schitt

If ya can not kick that nasty habit How ya gonna kick ass in the WhiteHouse? My faith in Obama is goin south

Flash

I wonder if he smokes the kind bud? I mean newports!

mike

I find the fact that he smokes more appealling as it shows his human, vulnerable side. Light em up along with the other 28 million adults who enjoy a good smoke now and then! Way to go Barrack. Enjoy that Camel!

Insert comical name here

I know stopping a smoking habit is hard but its by no means impossible with all the aids out there. I don't want someone who can't exhibit enough self control to quit the habit running the country. Besides, he seems too full of himself by far.

armysoldiergirl

Yall a bunch of idiots. How stupid do you sound "nosmoking"! Your not going to vote for someone because they may or maynot smoke. This might not even be true. Why would you get your information about political issues from TMZ? sounds to me your not concerned with the real issues in America, your only concerned with if someone is smoking in the White House, please give me a break! Let stay focus on the real issues, like how are they going to bring the troops back home and when.

Stick

I like him even more now. Smoking is totally cool.

jillikins

How GROSS! hope he loses votes over this........................

todd lissner anti adult anti wholesomeness activist-----(kadintodd2@aol.com)

i think smokingz good 4 u right on obama!!!!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments