Barton Bargains Her Way Out of DUI Rap

4/8/2008 12:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"O.C." wanna been Mischa Barton has decided to take a plea bargain in her DUI case -- clever girl that one.

A source tells TMZ that at her court date on Thursday she'll plead no contest to the DUI charge. In exchange, the marijuana charge will be dropped and the driving without a license rap will be reduced to an infraction.

Greasy's ex-GF will then have to serve three years of unsupervised probation, attend an alcohol education class and pay a fine.

A source tells us this is "fairly standard" for a first-time offender like Miss Mischa, who was arrested last December, adding that she's "learned her lesson."

Lenn K.

Let me guess 8 minutes in jail with the door open and a limo ride home.

Kelli

LOL at Lenn K. Good one!!! That wasn't confusing! :P

Ooooo Noooo!

She has be photographed smoking dope while driving--why is hse gettting off so easy? Why is she taking ALCOHOL classes when she's a pot head? Why bother arresting these people is nothing happens to them in court?

Jon

shirliana

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH NUMBER 1. CELEBRITES REALLY HAS ITTOO GOOD IN JAIL ESPECIALLIN JAIL/. IF IT WAS SOEMONE ELSE... THEY WOULD BE IN JAIL FOR ATLEAST 30 DAYS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE WOULD APEAR IN
IN FRONT OF A PROBATION OFFFICER ONCE A WEEK...hOW CAN THEY CANTHEY GET AWAY WITH ALL
OF THIS, I GUESS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ MOENY TALKS..... WHAT A SHAME THATCELEBRITIES GET AWAY WITH SO MCUH OF STUFF./ THEY SHUD BE TREATED LIKE EVERYONE ELSE/ BROBATION, JAIL TTIEM. TH EWHOLE NINE YARDS.. WHERE IS TH E JUSTICE?????????????????????????????????

shirliana

DUI ..............MAN SHESHUD HAVE BEEN PUT IN JAIL LIKE EVERYONE ELSE THAT CCOMIT (** DUI************. tHAT'S,Y FINAL THOUGHT... CELEBRITIES HAVE IT TOO GOOD................... SOME LAWS MUST CHANGE LIKE EVERYONE....... THEY MUST PAY LILE ANYONE WHO HASHAD A ************* D U I ****************************

shirliana

Magan

This bites! Celeb justice should have died when Paris Hilton went to jail!

T-in-SD

Cool for Mischa. Press. That's really all this has-been seeks. Time in her life that the DUI case goes to court, 14:58 minutes. Close one.

dee

Iknow a guy who has 3 DUI's that I'm aware of of and probably a couple more. He's paid fines that mean nothing to him and has been sent to mandatory rehab in some of the luxury rehab facilities. He has never done community service. At least the last judge was better. He wouldn''t let him go to the rich people's rehab and sent him to a down and out facility in the bad part of town for those who are one step away from life in prison or death. He learned something there! It was a real culture shock when he couldn't send his dry cleaning out. He was sober for 5 years, but the moment he was off probation and the breathilizer was removed from his Range Rover, he started drinking again. He needs to do jail time, in my opinion. When I know about cases like this, I really don't feel the first offender celebrties are given special treatment,. I think it has more to do with the wealth than the fame. I pray this guy doesn't kill some one someday. He's been very lucky in that respect.

cori

tons of ppl get off on DUI's and never spend a night in jail it's not fame you just need the lawyer so it's the money that talks.

stopSPEIDI

there is nothing preferential about the way she was treated. i got a drug abuse charge and was only made to attend 20 drug/alcohol classes and 3 years probation. And all my friend that have had DUI's have had the same penalties except they have to attend Alcohol classes instead of drug classes. One of my friends wasn't even arrested the night she got a DUI, they just made her get a cab home and towed her car. This is the law in CA and has nothing to do with who she is.

nit2winn

Jail is for criminals, not a girl having a few drinks and making a mistake.. I am sure she learned her lesson

Liz

Hopefully, by the grace of God, she has learned a very valuable lesson.

G. Hallowgreen

I have a problem with my teens. They have always been well-behaved and non-drinker (I live in Europe, so it is not a crime for them to drink), but lately they started and are now partying so much so their schooling will be a thing of the past in a few months.

I have talked to them and other parents. Apprently they all see it like can the cebels drink and do drugs they can also.

In a way I understand that drinking and doing drugs always have been a norm in the entertainment industry, but it is hard to teach your kids that they are not the kind of superhumans all the stars are.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments