"Idols" Will Inspire ... Mass Nausea!

4/8/2008 6:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tonight the "American Idol" karaoke all-stars will be trying their best to not massacre the songs that inspire them. TMZ moles have once again uncovered the tunes responsible for motivating the wannabes all the way to Hollywood and to your TV screens. Hold these accountable -- not us!

meeper

The guys have it all this year. It's going to be a close year.

Alanna

16. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole did the exact version of over the rainbow, he is a Hawaiian singer. Check itout on itunes and notice the copy

He said it was that version of the song that he was doing. He didn't try to pass off that version as his own. Israel's version is hardly unknown.

Mairi

I think Jason Castro's becoming full of himself lately. I liked him better in the beginning when he came across as sincerely humble. Now's he's acting over-confident. He could go - wouldn't bug me... kooky song choices.

Archuletta - blech. Wimpy.

David Cook: Do something with that AWFUL hair! Does he know what a freak he looks like? I don't like 'im and I think it's mainly his looks.

Syesha: Get over yourself, ya little twit.

Carly: I guess you're OK - not spectacular, but okay. But I guess you know that since you've already had about $2 million invested in your music career. One tip: Tell 'em to quit showing your freakazoid husband in the crowd... he creeps me out so bad that I'd like to see you gone so I don't have to see him.

baby girl

Brooke White beats small children

sasha

I HATE, HATE, HATE AI. ENOUGH ALREADY. WHY IS TMZ PLAYING INTO THIS CRAPPY SHOW? EVERY MEDIA OUTLET HAS SOME CRAP ABOUT AI EVERY DAY, WHY TMZ TOO? WHY, WHY? WE THOUGHT TMZ WAS BETTER THAN THE OTHERS, TURNS OUT NOT!

J

Mairi, I can hardly see how Jason seems full of himself ... he didn't say a single word last night and looked down the whole time. He's just a shy kid, and I think he knows he really needed to step it up. And he did great last night! I'm glad he's redeeming himself and will hopefully stick around for a few more weeks.

Mairi

J: I said BECOMING full of himself. He mugs for the cameras in a way he never did before - almost over-compensating for his "shyness." Hey, you're entitled to your opinion - I'm entitled to mine. Ya don't like mine? Bite me.

mikki

Jason, David A, Michael J.,and Kristy did a great job......however, David Cook and Michael are still my favorites! How could anyone say these are boring....they are more musically trained and talented than any other group. Almost every one of them plays an instrument, and plays it well. They are a great group who all sound very different....Syesha is good, but she is way too much like the ones of the past.....Fantasia, Kimberly Locke, Jordin Sparks.....she has to go!

Dave the pig

JASON CASTRO IS A HOTTIE!!!!!

Joni

I loved Jason Castro. He was awesome.

earlmoe

my complaint is when I tried to phone today for David Cook - for over 1 and 1/2 hour I completed only 1 call. I cannot believe that this could be normal under any normal situation. The recorded message was "your call cannot be completed at this time, please try again later.

EVA CATARINICCHIA

Jason Castro is the only one I can stand listening to. He is himself as the judges like to say to be. The others seem to be trying too hard to sound like the original artist of the song they pick. Jason is so soothing and if he doesn't win, I think he should get a sitcom. He seems to have a great sense of fun and humor.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3