Toni Braxton

Un-break My Heart Attack?

4/8/2008 1:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0408_braxton_bn-1Singer Toni Braxton has been admitted to a Vegas hospital -- breathe again!

We hear Braxton was admitted to St. Rose Dominican Hospital late last night after her show at the Flamingo Hotel and Casino. FOX 5 in Vegas reports the diva is in good condition.

A spokeswoman for the American Heart Association, Braxton suffers from pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart. She learned she had the condition after the birth of her second son.

Braxton has been headlining a Las Vegas show at the hotel since 2006. Tomorrow's show could be canceled, but that won't be confirmed until this afternoon. Today was a scheduled off day.

UPDATE: A spokesperson for the Flamingo tells TMZ that Toni had been experiencing chest pains and was taken to a local hospital for tests. She's since been released. They're hoping she'll be back on stage by the end of the week. She bettah work!

grgb

Jokes about a woman having a heartattack...nice.

TMZhires13yearolds

Yeah, we all think heart attacks are worth a giggle. There is something seriously wrong with you ....er....people?

mike

not even funny

Sarah

Tacky headline. You don't need class to be funny... but you do need FUNNY. This had neither.

atoyia

come on TMZ... was the headline nessasary?

Carolyn A-B

Get well, Toni. I saw you on Broadway in "Beauty and the Beast," and you were enchanting. God bless you.

Tacky headline, TMZ. The heart attack isn't even confirmed, so it's also misleading.

2Toe

Real Tacky TMZ and I like your site. But making fun on things like this are classless. The title of the story is plain mean, and sarcasm or funnies should probably be excluded with stories like these. Someone should have put a lil more thought into this one; the he or she that wrote this should get a pay deduction for being an idiot and 50 lashed with a wet noodle.

Katriel

The pericardium is the sac around the heart. If it becomes inflamed or filled with fluid then it can inhibit the heart's ability to pump normally. Pericarditis can be excrutiatingly painful. I've had it for 6 years now and it goes through cycles where its nearly dormant and other times where it flares up for months. I hope Toni is feeling better soon.

crys

I demand that you edit this article and its headline to take out the jokes about her heart condition and hospitalization. You people are showing what hearless bastards you are when you write jokes about peoples' illnesses or deaths of family members. I'm glad that Toni is ok. The jokes were not only tasteless, but they were also totally 100% LAME. Grow the hell up, TMZ!

Kat

Why make fun of a person's heart condition? How funny is that? My father died at 45, because of a heart attack. Tee hee that is so funny Tmz.

CoolGirl2008

God is punishing her for the bland pop she produces.

DAME HUSSY

I wish her all the best. But maybe what happened is that she saw her own Vegas show. It is awful . A rip off and a tourist trap.

Me

Death, serious illness, life-threatening situations...all funny. Makes me wonder if there's anything at all that's ever off limits at TMZ. Guess it would be too much to just provide entertainment news without haha funny commentary every once in a while, when the situation warrants it.

PS I heard you can buy a conscience at Walgreen's this week for $2.99. You ought to run down there and get a collective one.

RatzAzz

TMZ You Have Sunk To An New Low That I Had No Idea Was Even Possible...To Take A Stab At Someones Illness That Could Be Potentially Fatal Is Distasteful, And Utterly DISGUSTING. I Do Come To Your Site Simply Because Your Articles Can Be Confirmed And Are Acurate But Lately These Headlines Have Soured My Enthusiam For This Site. If You Had ANY Amount Of Class You Would Take This Headline Down Immediately And Replace It With A More Sensitve Statement.

Shame On You TMZ!

Nic

Sending my best wishes out to Toni. I hope you feel better soon.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments