Wouldn't You Like to Beat a Pepper, Too?

4/8/2008 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who became famous with a Dr Pepper commercial -- as in "I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper...." -- has pleaded no contest to domestic battery.

The incident occurred right outside Vegas shortly before midnight on January 28, when David Naughton -- who was so famous from the 1978 commercials he went on to star in "An American Werewolf in London" -- Hot Mugs -- click to launchgot into it with his wife of five months. According to the police report obtained by TMZ, the 57-year-old actor was arguing with his wife on the phone, which escalated when he came home, allegedly "grabbing her arms and throwing her around."

According to the police report, Naughton was arrested for "Domestic Battery, 1st offense ... due to the fact that he used willful and unlawful force against his wife by placing his hands upon her, grabbing her in a forceful manner and throwing her around."

The bad Doc, who scored the disco hit "Makin' It" in 1979, was sentenced to 30 days in jail. Of that, 28 days were suspended. He served one day when he was popped, and served his second day in the clink on Monday.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kelli

I don't think he is in "The Thirty Mile Zone?" Stick to real famous people. I want to come home to see celebrities I know. Just Saying.

CoolGirl2008

Let's see...

he did a disco song

sold his soul for a sift drink commercial

and abused his wife!

We have a winner. He's officially a looooooooooser!

WILMYWOOD WOMAN

I MET HIM WHEN HE WAS IN TOWN PLAYING IN A CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT, HE WAS NICE, BUT ALL OVER THIS CHICK HE IS NOW MARRIED TO. BASICALLY, A "ONE HIT WONDER" WHO IS TRYING TO PLAY OUT BEING A CELEBRITY. SHOULD BE SHOWING UP SOON ON A REALITY TV SHOW.

Kelli

CoolGirl2008? I am starting to agree with you more and more. Very strange!

Dee

Wasn't this the guy that also starred in My Sister Sam with Pam Dawber?

meatmachine

Come on, he was in the best worst movie of the 80s! Midnight Madness. The sea is reversed. SS Itari is mixed up and blind.

Jackiemichele

Must be a slow news gossip day TMZ.

Liz

There is NO excuse for domestic abuse.............What a loser!

tuna marie

i remember him from my sister sam with rebecca schaeffer who was murdered by that pile of dirt.

me

That stupid commercial was awful. I'm never drinking Dr. Pepper again.

It' OK Buddy

$h#t Happens on both sides of a relationship....Except in our Androgynist culture, we only hold men accountable!

Tyra Banks

I think any form of domestic abuse SUX! And he needs to be slapped around a little to see how it feels. What a dork.

Kat

That was Greg Evigan who starred in My Sister Sam.

Amy

I had such a crush on him when I was a kid! Loved American Werewolf in London - that's a bummer to hear he's such a dirtbag. :(

tuna marie

greg evigan was not in my sister sam

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments