Wouldn't You Like to Beat a Pepper, Too?

4/8/2008 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who became famous with a Dr Pepper commercial -- as in "I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper...." -- has pleaded no contest to domestic battery.

The incident occurred right outside Vegas shortly before midnight on January 28, when David Naughton -- who was so famous from the 1978 commercials he went on to star in "An American Werewolf in London" -- Hot Mugs -- click to launchgot into it with his wife of five months. According to the police report obtained by TMZ, the 57-year-old actor was arguing with his wife on the phone, which escalated when he came home, allegedly "grabbing her arms and throwing her around."

According to the police report, Naughton was arrested for "Domestic Battery, 1st offense ... due to the fact that he used willful and unlawful force against his wife by placing his hands upon her, grabbing her in a forceful manner and throwing her around."

The bad Doc, who scored the disco hit "Makin' It" in 1979, was sentenced to 30 days in jail. Of that, 28 days were suspended. He served one day when he was popped, and served his second day in the clink on Monday.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Kelli

1 pissed off person, if you are for real, ignore the ignorant. I always like to think they post their crap just for a reaction. I like your point about him pleading no contest. That says it all.

bigfatcatlover

A quick check of tv.com shows David Naughton WAS in the cast... as if that's the point of this story anyway. There's no excuse for domestic abuse!

1 pissed off person!

I AM IN FACT THE SON OF SEANN I GAVE HIM THE BENIFIT OF THE DOUBT TO EAZE OFF. AND HE DID NOT. I TOLD HIM WORD FOR WORD THAT I WOULD BEAT HIM TO DEATH IF HE EVER TOUCHED MY MOTHER AGIAN. I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND THEY LIVE IN VEGAS. SO A WEEK LATER IS WHEN MY MOM CALLED ME AND TOLD ME SHE GOT HIM PUT IN JAIL FOR THE SAME THING BUT THIS TIME IT WAS WORSE HE THROUGH HER DOWN THE HALL WAY HELD HER DOWN ON THE BED AND GRABBED HER HAND WHEN SHE TRIED TO DIAL 911. SHE GOT FREE AND RAN OUTSIDE TO CALL THE POLICE. WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR A PAYDAY I JUST WANT IT TO BE EXPOSED. I FEEL THAT IF YOU ARE IN THE PUBLIC EYE YOU SHOULD NEVER ACT LIKE THIS. WHEN I WAS STAYING AT THERE HOUSE I NOTICED A BOX FULL OF FAN MAIL THAT WAS NOT EVEN OPENED. THIS MAN IS SICK, AND I HOPE BY MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS IT WILL SAVE SOMEONES LIFE AND SOUL. MY MOTHER HAS 3 BROKEN RIBS, SHE COMPOSES MUSIC FOR MOVIES, AND NOW SHE CANT EVEN FEEL HER HAND WHAN SHE PLAYES THE GUTAIR. WHEN I CONFRONTED HIM THE FIRST TIME HE SEEMED TO UNDERSTAND, BUTR THEN AGIAN HE IS AN ACTOR. IT HAPPENED TWO TIMES MORE AND MY MOTHER ACCUTALLY HAD THE COURAGE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Kelli

1 pissed off person, good luck, sorry if I have to question your truthfulness. Around here, ya learn to question everyone. Have you contacted all the gossip shows? E.T., Insider, etc..? Hope she will be ok. Hipe you get what your looking for.

Roberta, good googling.

Janet

So..he was in a commercial in 1978 for Dr. Pepper and just NOW you are going to stop drinking it in protest???? Is there a statute of limitations on being stupid?

Jack

KELLI YOUR A LOSER

Kelli

Okie Dokie, I think you covered that. Sorry I have never liked DR.PEPPER. Don't take it personally.

cozUmel

Maybe he's off the wagon these days. I know him to be really full of himself. Rich is right...he's only nice if you pay him.

chris

Pissed off Person, I feel badly for your mother. She seems like a nice person. I met her with the JERK. If she needs some back up in court, just let her know he was cheating on her as well. The guy is a twisted freak, He will NOT be nice to you unless you PAY him. Even if you're a fan. He talks all kinds of crap about his fans and if they are female and good looking he's on them like white on rice.

Kelli

I'll pepper ya alright! :P

The Truth Man

I know David very well He has hit or hurt all 3 of his wive , loves to cheat. Seann found 0ut that while he was dating her he was dating another woman as well. he was on the internet sexsites and is just an old addict. too much food too many lies.She is a good person who did nothing wrong but trust the wrong JERK. He wll be out there selling his autographs. dont support a woman beater PLEASE! Her son is right
. beacause of her injuries they were going for felony charges. that is why he took his plea. He can hurt a woman but never would make it in prison. AND 2 ddgolf. I know who you are Debbie. He said u have a body like a man. Some friendHUH? He uses people Debbie. Get it? Seann is beautiful and a lot younger witha huge heart! And she makes the money. Ur gold digger cracked us up.He's is CHEAP and BROKE. I am glad she got away from that control FREAK!

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10