Wouldn't You Like to Beat a Pepper, Too?

4/8/2008 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who became famous with a Dr Pepper commercial -- as in "I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper...." -- has pleaded no contest to domestic battery.

The incident occurred right outside Vegas shortly before midnight on January 28, when David Naughton -- who was so famous from the 1978 commercials he went on to star in "An American Werewolf in London" -- Hot Mugs -- click to launchgot into it with his wife of five months. According to the police report obtained by TMZ, the 57-year-old actor was arguing with his wife on the phone, which escalated when he came home, allegedly "grabbing her arms and throwing her around."

According to the police report, Naughton was arrested for "Domestic Battery, 1st offense ... due to the fact that he used willful and unlawful force against his wife by placing his hands upon her, grabbing her in a forceful manner and throwing her around."

The bad Doc, who scored the disco hit "Makin' It" in 1979, was sentenced to 30 days in jail. Of that, 28 days were suspended. He served one day when he was popped, and served his second day in the clink on Monday.

gagblue

On the "red-dot-sweater" episode of Seinfeld, Naughton played a recovering alcoholic . . . Jerry set Elaine's alcoholic drink on the table at a Christmas party and Naughton's character picked up the wrong drink by mistake. I have to wonder if he was drinking during this incident . . . . if so, he apparently has some more recovering to do.

Bustin-A-Move

All you judgemental idiots do not know the facts, but like to run your mouths. I would bet the Hooker/Wife ran her mouth and swung at him first and he defended himself. Society (Women) always jump to the conclusion that "It had to be the mans fault" Up yours!

gagblue

misskitty

I have always been a fan of David Naughton's. Yes, he was on My Sister Sam...not Greg Evigan. G.E. was on BJ and the Bear and My two Dads. I met David Naughton once, and he seemed very humble and was very nice. I hated to read this about him...still a fan.

jaggerandrea

I absolutely loved him in American Werewolf in London....which was somewhat chessy ON PURPOSE!! It is a great movie, and I'm very sorry to hear about what he just did. I'm sure there is more to it, though.

Bustin-A-Move

. We are not judgmental idiots and we do know how to read a news article . . . it says he "allegedly " was grabbing her and throwing her around. That doesn't sound like defensive move(s), but we should all reserve judgment until all the facts are known. Calling us idiots and the wife a hooker isn't being judgmental, now is it . . . . . . . . up your own.

By all means, please do as your name says " Gag-until your-Blue"

Joe

He was awesome in HOT DOG: The MOVIE.
If I remember correctly his nickname was "Naughty" Davin Naughten

Robert

"I feel like a Pepper"!

Mouse

Guess I'm too young for those commercials, this guy doesn't look familier at all.

JeepGuy 98

YEP, DAVID NAUGHTON WAS THE GUY FROM "MY SISTER SAM". HARD TO BELIEVE REBECCA SCHAEFFER HAS BEEN DEAD FOR 19 YEARS THIS JULY. I REMEMBER WATCHING RE-RUNS OF THE SHOW ON USA NETWORK, AND THEY SCROLLED ACROSS THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN THAT THE SHOW WAS BROADCAST IN MEMORY OF REBECCA SCHAEFFER WHO DIED EARLIER TODAY......

dd4golf

I know David Naughton and he's a really nice guy! I also know with Celebrities, their golfdigger wife's, and Domestic Violence that and unless there's evidence of a physical attack (which we don't know for sure) things like this will appear in the news. We've all had arguements and fights we regret! If in fact this is true, then YES it's bad and wrong, but from someone who's spent time with Mr. Pepper I can tell you this seems manufactured and out of character so I'm coming to his defense.

blakefan

Absolutely no excuse for touching a apouse. WTF were you thinking when you crossed the line. Remember, many spouses watch a lot of court TV and they are more informed of how you cross the line than you are. You were set up, you crossed the line and you're guilty. WADA.

mary

I am so disapointed! Shouldn't you be mellowing out in the "golden years"? This may be the first time we're hearing about this guy going after his wife like that, but I wonder how many MORE times the abuse took place. I hope she makes good decisions about her future.

RJ

To all of you "so called " TV trivia experts, don't try it. Naughton was in "My Sister Sam" with Pam (Mork and Mindy) Dawber, and the late Rebecca Shaffer. He play the free lance writer next door, who they tried to get a spark going between he and Dawber's character, Sam. "Makin' It" was supposed to be the "Saturday Night Fever" for TV, but by the time it came out , disco was already starting to die. Another try at capitalizing off of a "SNF" star was when the ABC comedy "Angie" went on the air. "Angie" was played by Donna Pescow, who was Annette, the plain girl who Tony Manero(John Travolta) snubbed to dance with Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney, who was a regular on "All My Children". SO , you guys think you can top me?

marvin

ANY MAN THAT WOULD HIT A WOMAN IS A PIECE OF CRAP..................