Wouldn't You Like to Beat a Pepper, Too?

4/8/2008 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who became famous with a Dr Pepper commercial -- as in "I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper...." -- has pleaded no contest to domestic battery.

The incident occurred right outside Vegas shortly before midnight on January 28, when David Naughton -- who was so famous from the 1978 commercials he went on to star in "An American Werewolf in London" -- Hot Mugs -- click to launchgot into it with his wife of five months. According to the police report obtained by TMZ, the 57-year-old actor was arguing with his wife on the phone, which escalated when he came home, allegedly "grabbing her arms and throwing her around."

According to the police report, Naughton was arrested for "Domestic Battery, 1st offense ... due to the fact that he used willful and unlawful force against his wife by placing his hands upon her, grabbing her in a forceful manner and throwing her around."

The bad Doc, who scored the disco hit "Makin' It" in 1979, was sentenced to 30 days in jail. Of that, 28 days were suspended. He served one day when he was popped, and served his second day in the clink on Monday.

Kelli

To all the jerks condoning beating a woman. Go choke on a pom-pom!

Shiela

When he did the movie"Hot Dog" in Lake Tahoe in early 1980 and wed a local women...he started abusing her in L.A and they divorced!!!

ddp

sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont!!!

rj

And this is important why???? Who cares????

ddp

she was probably asking for the salt at the dinner table

ddp

it would be intresting to find out if this whole thing was a setup to promote pepsi-cola products.

P

I would "LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE" to BEAT any FREAKIN MAN who beats a women up, YOU BUNCH OF COWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ddp

ive seen plenty of women that could put a poundin on that booty also!!

Kelli

dakine, what do you say back to a man with two swollen blue testacles? Nothing else, he's done! I was taught very young by my big brothers how to defend myself. It's called a knee to the groin! HAHA!

Ted

I know disco is dead... but thats no reason to beat the crap out of your wife Mr. Pepper.

Kelsey

Sigh. As I sit here drinking a Diet Dr, Pepper....

ida

guess he dont want to be a PEPPER GUY no more ~ now its.......I HATE JAIL....cuz now its not THE 10. 2 and 4 drink dr. pepper hour. now its just coke for him.....NO MORE DR. PEPPER.....AHHHHH

geri

Greg Evigan was in MY TWO DADS. Not My SISTER SAM.
I'm so disappointed to hear this about david naughton. I was nuts over him when he did the werewolf movie.
There's no excuse for battering a woman.

Roberta

Series Cast
Pam Dawber ... Samantha 'Sam' Russell (12 episodes, 1986-1988)
Rebecca Schaeffer ... Patti Russell (10 episodes, 1986-1987)

David Naughton ... Jack Kincaid (3 episodes, 1986-1987)
Jenny O'Hara ... Dixie Randazzo (2 episodes, 1987)
Joel Brooks ... J.D. Lucas (1 episode)

Yup, it was David, not Greg

1 pissed off person!

FIRST OF ALL I AM THE SON OF THIS WOMAN WHO YOU ARE CALLING NAMES. I TIPPED OFF TMZ ABOUT MR NAUGHTON. HE IS A SICK MAN. HE HAS A HISTORY OF BEATING HIS WIFES ALL THREE TO BE EXACT. I CONFRONTED HIM AND LOOKED MUCH THE SAME AS IN HIS MUGSHOT LIKE A SCARED LITTLE BOY. HE HAD NOTHING TO SAY TO ME NOR DID HE EVEN RAISE HIS VOICE. MY MOTHER HAS BRUISES ALL OVER HER BODY. PLUS THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME. BUT MOST DEFFINATELY THE LAST! THERE WAS MORE INVOLVED THAN SHAKING HER ALL AROUND, SO BEFORE YOU START TO CRITIZISE ANYONE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. HE WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN ARRESTED AND PLEAD NO CONTEST TO SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT TRUE.