Crazazy TV Contraption Predicts "Idol" Losers

4/10/2008 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TiVoIf you want to place bets on "Idol" in Vegas, we think we found a way you could score millions of bucks.

TiVo may have cracked the mystery of who gets kicked off and who doesn't. Company insiders say they can predict who's not connecting by TiVo usage.

Here's the deal. In a sample of 20,000 users, TiVo monitors traffic -- which contestants get replayed (a sign of popularity) and which one's get fast-forwarded.

You think it's bogus? Well, the TiVo system has nailed who got booted four weeks in a row.

And who does TiVo say is getting the ax tonight? Poor Syesha. Take it to the bank, people.

Tabitha from "Bewitched": 'Memba Her?!

Erin Murphy played little Tabitha Stephens on the '60s supernatural TV series, "Bewitched." Guess what she looks like now!
Bewitched

Hollywood Meatheads!

D.I.L.F.s ... Dudes we'd like to, ummm, er, see in more films? Yeah that's it! Click to see the buff boys of summer in all their manly glory.
Meatheads -- click to launch

K-Fed's Kids: Can't We All Just Get Along?

It's a modern-day Brady Bunch. Where's Alice when you need her?
Jayden & Sean: Click to watch
On an outing at the L.A. Zoo yesterday, Kevin's mama Julie had her hands full with the half-siblings, SPF and JJ from Britney and Kori and Kaleb from ex Shar Jackson ... though having a full-time nanny and bodyguard around can't hurt.

School Death Plot Targets ... Chuck Norris?!?

New Jersey cops have arrested two high school students after a teacher found a so-called "hit list" that targeted tough guy actor Chuck Norris. Holy Walker, Texas Ranger!

The students, both juniors at Pennsauken High School, didn't have any weapons on them. The note reportedly included the names of three students and, randomly, Norris.

The boys claim the list was a joke and the local prosecutor says "At this point we believe that this student did not pose any serious threat to any of the people on the list, especially to Chuck Norris." No sh*t.

Larry Craig Interns -- You're My Duty

Sen. Gloryhole Larry Craig is looking for interns -- and the webpage soliciting (yeah, we said it) his summer help is just pricelessly funny ... unintentionally, of course.

The site lays out his (wide) stance on intern work: "I prefer to offer a more diverse experience -- probably because I walked in their shoes back in 1969." Yes, he mentioned "shoes." It gets better: "Interns have the opportunity to gain a solid understanding of the inner-workings ... through hands-on experience." Our italics.

But remember: "Each participant is also assigned a variety of legislative duties." Duties: Those were his words.

Holy Moley!

The mole sees and hears everything in Tinseltown ... especially when it's on your face! Some stars choose to rid themselves of the unsightly skin discoloration -- while others make the most of their blemish.
Holy Moley! -- click to launch

COMMENTS

atd

brook/sysecha /dreadlock hope he goes he sings like he pooping and don't care of course david cook is going to win he is number 1

JW

Carly is the one with the superstar voice. Of course, many aspects play into the choosing of the "Idol" (e.g. race, personality that is similar to the caller/voter, and form (appearance). The best voice should win. The best voice is.............................Carly! Hands down!

AndiPrice

I've wondered for weeks what has been keeping Jason on Idol. He is the only one remaining that I can't picture winning. They are all phenomenally talented (as is Jason) but every week somebody HAS to leave. It would be unprecedented to have an 8-way tie for American Idol.

So I tried to imagine which one sings music that I would actually pay money for. Syesha is fabulous at Whitney Houston-type music but I don't BUY Whitney Houston-type music. David A. is sweet and beautiful and precious and has a remarkable voice but would I BUY a CD by David A.? Probably not. Same with David C. and Carly and Brook. But I WOULD buy Kristy music... I love the kind of music she sings and she has a terrific voice. ...and I would buy the kind of music Michael sings. I would probably buy his CDs just to look at his photographs. When I reduce these contestants to who I would spend money to own their CDs, it's Kristy and Michael.

There are plenty of rockers out there that buy CDs... and plenty of R & B fans that buy CDs... and they will buy the kind of music that THEY like. The American Idol should be the performer that can produce CDs that people will actually pay money for. When I consider the transformations in Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood since they were contestants, I can totally see Kristy or Michael winning it all.

Jamie

You had to know that TiVO would track viewers viewing habits. It's more reliable than Nielsen and covers greater demographics.

with that said. PLEASE American Idol, no more boring bland ballad loving winners. We want someone exciting with tons of real talent and true passion for music. Give Us David Cook!!

And next year please raise the age limit. The kids don't cut it.

Nancy Flores

I think that Jason or Carly should go home. Carly has a Cd out already. I think she shouldn't even be on the show. The American Idol is for people learning how to sing. I think the rest of the ones in American Idol are good singers. I will be casting my votes for the next ones to come.

Nancy Flores

alex4da

For the person who finds David A. boring, Whoever you are, if a nice example of what most teens should be bores you, If you think that kids with potential drug/alcohol addiction, disrespect for their parents and others are more exciting to you, well, I don't believe you have kids of your own and you shouldn't. David Archuleta is the best of all the contestants not only for his beautiful singing, he would be the best American Idol we ever had. I loved Ruben for the same reasons, I'm glad he won and I'm for David A. ALL THE WAY! GO DAVID and never change the way you are, God Bless you!

Gerri

I think it's time for Jason to go..He's quite boring..Syesha has one of the best voices..I think in the end it will be Michael Johns and David Archuletta..

realitycheck

tivo tracking your viewing, which they do in part to help make viewing suggestions for tivo users, is no more freaky than the fact that all the websites you go to and things you do on the internet are being tracked. who cares if tivo tracks?

iluvidol

Yeah what was the deal with not showing Brooke last nite? I noticed that too. They showed everybody but Brooke. Wonder why?

alex4da

TO gmaof10
BRAVO! I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE. DAVID ARCHULETA IS MY AMERICAN IDOL, EVEN IF HE DOESN'T WIN. I MOST DEFINITELY WILL BUY HIS CDs, HE IS AN EXAMPLE TO ALL YOUNG BOYS WATCHING THE COMPETITION AND SOME.

nannypoo

I think all the contestants are good! Some of them sound just as good as some pros that have been recording for years.They don't always hit their notes perfectly either.

breezinldy

I have a Tivo and they are correct about the rewind on good performances but also a few bad ones!!!!! Unless you do not think that the phone company and cable companies are not doing the same then get a brain! Jason Castro overall has most of us pulling for him. The fact that we see him as unassuming, easy-going, attractive, and musically TALENTED gets him our Votes. David Cook gives new meaning to musically gifted and he too seems to be authentic and not full of himself. David Archuletta, is equally as talented as we all well know. Brooke, Michael and Carley, though they MAY not be front runners at this point they We have not seen the last of them.

As for Syesha, hummmmmm, well we have yet to see anything that was all her own. I will not berate he talent because she can sing well but that is what I like to hear in the cool atmosphere of a food court while escaping the heat outdoors at a theme park. Nothing original!

The bar is high this season and it will take more than a good voice to win this year. Good luck to all!

Michelle

ok Music is a gift. A person either has it or they dont.
Michael Johns has more originality, strong vocals and talent than anyone left on the show. Will he win? I hope so with all my heart, however, Idol always ends up being a popularity contest rather than a talent contest.
With that said, all the young girls in America are voting for David Archiletta, who is talented, yes. But I believe he is too young , yet for the industry.
Brooke has a lot of talent. An awesome uniqueness, pretty vocals and can play the piano.
I hope she stays on through and that her and Michael get recording contaracts. I know I will buy their cd's.
The rest? Jason Castro..adorable and talented.
Sayesha..I really don't see anything special about her.
Many can just sing in this world, and half the time I cant understand what she is singing!!
Jason Cook..mmhhmm ok...
AND I AM THANKFUL AMANDA OVERMEYER IS GONE, SHE IS A WANNA BE AND A PAIN!!

Michelle

OH I FORGOT...LOL
Kristi is pathetic, and I am shocked she even made it to Hollywood.
Carly sings great...I don't believe she has what it takes in the music industry.

kimbob68

i think that kristi lee is horrible. i dont know how she made it this far....she sang a beattles song country....wow.