Cops to Brit: You Crashed, But Are You Smashed?

4/13/2008 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brit Brit was the driving force in a minor three-car ax Saturday night -- but cops say she was dead sober when it happened.
Click to view the docs!
According to the CHP collision report, the popwreck drove her 2008 Mercedes into the back of a 2006 Nissan as she drove on the 101 freeway in L.A. around 8:18 PM PT. The other driver was a 21-year-old man from the valley -- his friends are gonna love this.

The report claims Brit was caught in stop-and-go-traffic when she "attempted to brake but failed to stop her vehicle." The Nissan was then, "pushed forward into another older model vehicle."

TMZ confirmed that officers on the scene DID perform one field sobriety test on Spears, which turned out negative.

So far, no injuries have been reported.

aloha

She is a complete menace.......

miz

She'll never be able to drive without being distarcted by the circus a paps following her.

JennR

I got into a fender bender in the parking lot the other day (other drivers fault -- she pulled out of a space without looking both ways). No big deal. Britney's getting into car accidents because 1). Paps are always on her; and 2.) She's not a very good driver. Not because of her mental illness.

BTW, she doesn't have blonde hair in that picture because it was taken a while ago. Much to TMZ 's disappointment, they haven't seen Britney and didn't even know about her accident for a couple hours after it happened. Good for her and her family, that she can drive somewhere without the paps knowing now.

Baseball Junkie

Good point, me.
Can somebody from LA correct me if I'm wrong? In my part of the country the impression is that traffic on your freeways is always heavy and always moving fast. How would the traffic normally have been at that time on that road?

Go Sox

Mike D

Please just go away. Please crawl back under the rock from which you came. I really don't care anymore. Why can't we focus on things that really matter in this world. This trainwreck corporate created trailer trash has ran her course. Take your millions and just disappear already. I'm already anxiously awaiting the "Behind the Scenes" on your kids who will no doubt be wrecks and drug addicted by the time they are 10 years old. Piece of ....

lilkunta

Were the police called & they decided no ticket or did BS & other driver exchange info & keep driving?

cori

B*tch can't drive so she needs to stay off the roads.

miz

Another Blog is reporting that Adnan Ghalib was ATTACKED and STABBED tonight.

dwadeswifey

I THING IF PEOPLE WOULD JUST LEAVE BRIT ALONE SHE WOULD BE OK....SHE CANT EVEN GO TO THE BATHROOM WITHOUT THE PAPS

ON THE NEXT TMZ BRIT IT TAKING A CRAP AND BOY DOSE IT STINK...

frogs and gravel

She was probably daydreaming about her
tan/orange cowboy boots that she loves so
much and got distracted. Good thing she
(and her boots) are O.K.

Kelli

Goodluck KFed-Spears and boys............

Kelli

I know you are trying to get your family back. You go girl, we are behind you. You are looking beautiful...........

Cartman

Holy crap, I wish she would hit me on the freeway! Better than hitting the little lotto, lol.

Baseball Junkie

Hey, me, did it say whether Adnan's attacker was wearing a hot-pink wig?

Kelli, I take it you finished the dishes?

Go Sox

Me, myself and I

What happened? Did Britney escape her caretakers? She should really be locked-up in a mental hospital.